@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Not another screenshot quiz...

Started by _Paul, 07/15/2007, 04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

...instead, pick a PC Engine game and draw something in a kind of Pictionary style and see who can guess it.

I'll go first with a really easy one:

/guessit1ei4.jpg

nat

Tatsujin

huh..that's a hard one. gunhead
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

I said it was easy :)

Nat's turn now.

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

esteban

OK, this one is too easy, but I couldn't resist:

IMG

I should also note that I thought the sunteam's picture was one of the dudes from Keith Courage -- then I read his post.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Has to be Devil Crush (Crash)!

Try this: /guess2zn2.jpg

runinruder

Shubibinman.

Someone else can post one.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

runinruder

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Quote from: runinruder on 07/15/2007, 01:18 PMFar East of Eden?
Thats right. =D&gt;

I didn't read the initial post clearly enough at first(I still blame Stevek666's Angelina pic :P). Now that I know how this is supposed to be done, here's another one-

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ccovell

runinruder

CrackTiger

Quote from: runinruder on 07/15/2007, 02:16 PMNeo Metal Fantasy!
Thats right!

Since these are so easy, I'm not going to wait to post another-

IMG

_Paul

Keranu

Dude that first one was totally Keith Courage and not Gunhed!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 07/15/2007, 05:17 PMDude that first one was totally Keith Courage and not Gunhed!
Very true Keranu. =D&gt;

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2007, 03:50 PMIs that a cash register?
Nope, the objects below it are part of the giveaway. :wink:

-I just redrew the second object so it should be much easier to recognize for those who know what it looks like in real life. :P

SignOfZeta

Startling Odyssey.

Wait, Startling Odyssey 2, actually.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/15/2007, 11:51 PMStartling Odyssey.

Wait, Startling Odyssey 2, actually.
Bingo! I wasn't sure if anyone would get the '2' right the first time. =D&gt;

esteban

IMG

Keranu.....

ccovell

esteban

ccovell

runinruder

ccovell

Bingo!   I guess that was a bit too easy.

CrackTiger

TurboXray

Operation Wolf

Btw, what's that hanging out in the front of the surgeons pants?  :shock:

ParanoiaDragon

I was actually thinking Bloody Wolf, since it was an operation, there would be bleeding.  But Operation never came to mind :P
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Ooooo!  Ooooo!  I've got one!  You guys will absolutely NEVER guess this one, unless of course you do.

guessomgstfu.jpg

guyjin

...raisin the bar?

and you've all gone cukoo, by the way.

Joe Redifer

What? Guess again, this time actually try (though you may be on the right track).

_Paul

Joe Redifer

Correct!  It is Rayxanber III.

NEXT!

ccovell

Rayxanber III.  But paul was close enough; I'll let him win this one.   :D

And it's such an old pun, even EGM made it.

_Paul

Easy, but no time to come up with anything else.

/guessybf9.jpg

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

_Paul

ccovell

Okay, I'm guessing that I'm right.  Here's the next one:

/mystery5.gif

ParanoiaDragon

Sorry, I had to throw this one in while I was thinking about it

/blackhole44ne9.th.gif
/butt33rc2.th.jpg
/tablesaltci4.th.jpg

:dance:
IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

hee hee :lol:, I have another one, but, I'll hold off since it wasn't my turn anyways.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Um, the closest thing I can think of for Chris' image is Lords of the Rising Sun, but, I just don't think that's the right answer :P
IMG

ccovell

Yeah, let's not pile quiz entries on top of each other.  The winner from the previous game ought to put in an entry for the next one.

And no, it's not Lords of the Rising Sun.   :wink:

Turbo D

Is it bubblegum crash? It looks like a red gumball that crashed into a window
IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

_Paul

ccovell

Great!    :lol:

Some of the previous puzzles have been from obscure games (IMO), not necessarily tough rebuses/puzzles.  I prefer well-known, but mindbending ones.   :D