PcenginefxTV Episode 8 Status: On hold

Started by PCEngineFX, 07/20/2007, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

UPDATE 1.29.08:
Development of PcenginefxTV episode 8 has been put on hold until further notice.

UPDATE 9.22.07:
I am once again happy to announce that PcenginefxTV Episode 8 is now in the pre-production phase.  In this phase, this is where I decide which games I will be reviewing, as well as what special feature(s) I want to include in the video.

Something different that I would like to try for this episode is to ask for suggestions on what games you would like to see reviewed.  If you have any that you really want me to review, please list them in this thread...I will take any suggestions under consideration.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

CosMind

how about you drop in some nods to rondo of blood?  be fitting as the psp port (plus inclusion of the original on the disc - first u.s. localization ever!  sa-weeeeet!) is just on the horizon.

Keranu

Awesome, everyone's favorite feature on PCEFX :D .

I'd like to see you review something really weird and obscure like Hihou Densetsu Kurisu No Bouken if you have it or any game that's not discussed much. I'd also love to see a review for Camp California!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

how about showing the ending to strip fighter 2  :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Hey Aaron, I was playing Chip Can Kick on the FX just now and this thread popped into my head. It's been a long time since I've watched the back episodes of PCEngineFX TV, but I don't recall you doing many (if any) reviews of PC-FX games.

It might be kind of cool to do a focus on some of the more "American friendly" titles like Zenki FX, Chip Can Kick, Super God Trooper Zeroigar, Der Langrisser FX, etc. Maybe do full blown reviews on a couple, or do some kind of special that touches briefly on a larger volume of games. I've already got a fairly large FX library, but it might be interesting for other people who haven't really been introduced to the console before and are intimidated by the extremely Japanese components of a lot of the games. Like Joe Redifer.  :lol:

Actually now that I'm thinking about it I seem to recall you might have done a review of Chip Can Kick before. Oh well, whatever...

esteban

I would love a "worst of" segment as a counterpoint to all the great stuff shown in PCEFXTV. So.... I think it would be great to showcase: Rock On (for shooter fans... I don't think this is the worst game, but it definitely is a "budget" production), Drop Rock (is this available for the Wii VC? If so, please kill me), Fighting Street (difficulty in pulling off special moves), etc. You can always include favorites such as Night Creatures, Deep Blue, Bravoman, Darkwing Duck, etc......

Or, perhaps a showcase of the licensed North American games: Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Addams Family, etc.

Or, a showcase of all the Working Designs titles! Chronological order might be the best way to present it...

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 07/21/2007, 04:58 PMHey Aaron, I was playing Chip Can Kick on the FX just now and this thread popped into my head. It's been a long time since I've watched the back episodes of PCEngineFX TV, but I don't recall you doing many (if any) reviews of PC-FX games.

It might be kind of cool to do a focus on some of the more "American friendly" titles like Zenki FX, Chip Can Kick, Super God Trooper Zeroigar, Der Langrisser FX, etc. Maybe do full blown reviews on a couple, or do some kind of special that touches briefly on a larger volume of games. I've already got a fairly large FX library, but it might be interesting for other people who haven't really been introduced to the console before and are intimidated by the extremely Japanese components of a lot of the games. Like Joe Redifer.  :lol:

Actually now that I'm thinking about it I seem to recall you might have done a review of Chip Can Kick before. Oh well, whatever...
He usually reviews one PC-FX game in the episodes (for episodes 1 - 4 at least I think). Chip Chan Kick was definitely one of them and Zeroigar was another, as well as Tokimeki Card Paradise. I'd like to see a review of that weird platform game with some light puzzle elements.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 07/22/2007, 03:20 AMHe usually reviews one PC-FX game in the episodes (for episodes 1 - 4 at least I think). Chip Chan Kick was definitely one of them and Zeroigar was another, as well as Tokimeki Card Paradise. I'd like to see a review of that weird platform game with some light puzzle elements.
Well, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a feature focusing on the PC-FX and the American friendly games in it's library. Some mini reviews, and maybe touch on some of the games that appeared on other platforms (like Der Langrisser) and why the PC-FX version(s) are superior (FMV cutscenes, etc). I think Blue Breaker saw a PSX or Saturn release, too, and there may be others.

Anyhow, that idea could be tweaked several different ways... Just a thought.

evilmax17

How goes it on the PCETV front?

In light of the recent TG-CD on Wii VC announcement, I'd love to see you review Cho Aniki!

I don't know if you've ever thought of this, but it's sort of a spinoff of your recent Turbo Memoirs feature.  I'd really enjoy watching some footage of TG hardware and software.  Shots of the actual systems, maybe what they look/sound like when they boot up, controllers, some shots of the game packaging, manuals, and disks.  Just a thought.

Can't wait for ep 8!
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: evilmax17 on 09/17/2007, 11:57 PMHow goes it on the PCETV front?

In light of the recent TG-CD on Wii VC announcement, I'd love to see you review Cho Aniki!

I don't know if you've ever thought of this, but it's sort of a spinoff of your recent Turbo Memoirs feature.  I'd really enjoy watching some footage of TG hardware and software.  Shots of the actual systems, maybe what they look/sound like when they boot up, controllers, some shots of the game packaging, manuals, and disks.  Just a thought.

Can't wait for ep 8!
Sorry, production has been very slow due to other priorities, but in light of the recent virtual console announcement I'm going to try to step things up.

As far as a TG hardware/software is concerned - this is exactly what I had in mind for this episode (showing off the hardware, going over the features, games, etc) so expect something like this in the upcoming episode.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

evilmax17

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/18/2007, 12:52 PM
Quote from: evilmax17 on 09/17/2007, 11:57 PMHow goes it on the PCETV front?

Can't wait for ep 8!
Sorry, production has been very slow due to other priorities, but in light of the recent virtual console announcement I'm going to try to step things up.

As far as a TG hardware/software is concerned - this is exactly what I had in mind for this episode (showing off the hardware, going over the features, games, etc) so expect something like this in the upcoming episode.
Looking forward to it!

Just found out that you were behind the TZD redesign, and I must say that you did an awesome job!  It's an absolute joy to navigate it now.

This brings up another feature/request that I'd love to see.  Your interview with TZD from 2001 is great, but is there any chance of getting a photo/video tour of the TZD warehouse and headquarters?  I've always wanted to know what a stack of 500 copies of Power Golf looks like.   :D
IMG