"Dead Moon" High Scores

Started by Keranu, 09/24/2007, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keranu

IMG

I have a few scores from Turbo games I've saved on my computer some months back after beating them, so I'll be posting them.

This is my score after beating the game through the Japanese version and I specify the Japanese version incase the American version made any difficulty changes like other games (Sinistron):

Dead Moon (U.S.A.)

4,861,400 - Obfuscate
3,830,100 - RoyVegas
3,433,300 - geise
3,319,900 - DesmondThe3rd
1,977,500 - Necromancer
1,928,100 - DQ187
1,745,500 - chany60126
1,632,700 - lukester

Dead Moon (Japan)

829,400 - Keranu

Probably easy to beat.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

1,578,500 on the US version.

The scoring must be a little different between versions, 'cause I didn't even manage to beat it this time (the dang skele-fish proved to strong for me today).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DesmondThe3rd

I recently got the score of 3,319,900. It would have been higher but I died at the last boss. I also submitted this score to Twin Galaxies too, just for the TG-16 version of this game on their site to find the score.
http://www.twingalaxies.com

nat

I just went to the site and there are no scores under "Dead Moon" for the TurboGrafx-16.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: nat on 08/20/2011, 06:12 PMI just went to the site and there are no scores under "Dead Moon" for the TurboGrafx-16.
Well, the different scores were just approved recently so I don't know if they are quite live in their database yet. Here's what it looks like on my end.
/pic0022y.jpg

geise

This score is a little late in posting.  I played Dead Moon (US version) New Years Eve when I got this score.  I also think there are differences in scoring between the JP and US versions.  Anyways here is my score and final % rate.  I'm sure someone can beat this.
IMG
IMG

Obfuscate

Been playing a little Dead Moon again myself. Here is my score for the U.S. version - 4,861,400. The best way to max your score is to shoot up the asteroids on stage 2, mega bonus points and lives.

/deadmoonagain.jpg

geise

Haha Damn!  Nice Obfuscate!  My run was playing the first time I got the game from Windy a couple months ago.  You demolished my score, but funny since I had a 1% more and had a way lower score.  Rover told me he beat the game at 92%, but didn't even break 2 million or something like that.  I still find the scoring quite odd.  Those asteroids must really really up your score.  Again, nice score!

Obfuscate

Thanks, yes, it's all about blowing up those asteroids. Best weapon imo is the full red, get close and blast and back up till it blows up and get another. You'll get enough extra lives to easily blast through the rest of the game.

geise

Obfuscate was your score with a complete run through?

Obfuscate

Quote from: geise on 03/09/2012, 11:55 AMObfuscate was your score with a complete run through?
Full game on the first pass, not the 2nd run at all if that's what you're asking? I took the photo with my phone when they show the score during the credits after you beat the skeleton boss. I'm not positive but I think I blew up 3 asteroids in that score.

Edit, Just popped it in to see how many points they give you, looks like 750,000 a piece I think, here is my score while checking on the 2nd board after I took out 3 asteroids.

/deadsecond.jpg

geise

Haha!  You beat my score on level 2 when i finished the game.  :lol:

NecroPhile

/deadmoong.jpg

1,977,500 points

I forgot to post this here too, but better late than never.  I'll have to give it another run some time and go after those asteroids, but at least my hit % is better than geise's or obfuscate's.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

HOLY SHAT! I forgot about the cute little banner that some of the "TOP SCORE" threads used to have. :pcgs:

A mere five or six years ago...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

chany60126

1,357,400. Got beat down in the underwater level in stage 5. :P

IMG

chany60126

1,745,500. Made it a little further today: stage 6. :)
IMG

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

PukeSter

1,632,700 points on USA version

Not the top of course, but I got a 1CC my very first time playing this game. Pretty solid overall, with only the final boss tripping me up. A hard mode would be nice.

The moon stage is gorgeous.

geise

Yeah it's a nice stage.  The key is what Obfuscate said earlier.  Shoot those asteroids as best as you can on the 2nd level.

DQ187

Damn! Didnt realize the asteroids made that big of a difference! Didnt even know you could destroy them actually! Just got Dead Moon and Time Cruise yesterday and have been playing them quite a bit! 1CC'ed Dead Moon just now with a final score of 1,928,100. I'll have to go back thru and try and take down the asteroids along the way!

IMG