"Gunhed" High Scores

Started by shubibiman, 12/07/2007, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja16608

The only thing I would say is the original hardware rule. Not everyone has it for the hardware, and I know some world records are held using an emu, in fact I believe I read that here somewhere. Not that I don't like the TG controller, but I find I do better with my xbox 360 controller hooked to the PC (LARGE HANDS) when I was a kid the TG controllers were great and they still are but I have become so used to the bigger controllers :-) but really it won't matter GAME ON!!!!!!

NecroPhile

Methinks you two should start a separate thread for your convoluted scoring rules.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ninja16608

Convoluted? there has to be some kind of rules lol else I would have 40 trillion points. A little tape and sit at the eyeball mini boss for 4 months.

NecroPhile

You obviously don't understand how high-score competitions usually work.

Phase

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2014, 03:16 PMYou obviously don't understand how high-score competitions usually work.
If you have any input on what we should do Its still open to suggestions. (nothing is set in stone yet)
Quote from: guest on 07/24/2014, 09:53 AMMethinks you two should start a separate thread for your convoluted scoring rules.
yes I'll probably start a new thread here shortly.

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 07/24/2014, 03:13 AMThe only thing I would say is the original hardware rule. Not everyone has it for the hardware, and I know some world records are held using an emu, in fact I believe I read that here somewhere. Not that I don't like the TG controller, but I find I do better with my xbox 360 controller hooked to the PC (LARGE HANDS) when I was a kid the TG controllers were great and they still are but I have become so used to the bigger controllers :-) but really it won't matter GAME ON!!!!!!
Hmm imo its gotta be on the original hardware, I can think of a few ways to screw around on emulators. Most people on this forum should have the the real game. plus it seems more like a level playing field

NecroPhile

I ain't trying to tell you what to do.  As long as y'all are on the same page, your rules for your competition can be whatever you want.

However, for a standard high score competition (like this thread), the rules are generally simple: no codes, no continues, and you have to physically play (no rubber bands on the controller).  Anything else that maximizes score, like milking bosses or purposely dying to replay a level, is fair game.

Phase

ok thanks for clearing that up.

Alright, I went and started a new thread. Blazing Lazers Hardcore Challenge
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17329.0
It also links back to here to avoid confusion in the future.

wildfruit

Area 9 is testing me need more practice

Phase

Try using homing missiles as your secondary weapon on 9 some of the enemy waves are pretty tough and missiles are good for that tough one were the enemies come from the bottom of the screen. they are also nice for the bosses.

coolshooterspaceship

greetings folks!

here is my score. this is also my first post here at the forums. on this particular play i made it to the checkpoint on level 9. i have still not gotten the 1cc on this game.

i am really looking forward to posting some scores and talking strategy on some games with y'all.

sincerely,
-phil

("fatalfuryspecial" is my login over at NintendoAge, in case anyone was curious about the photo)

IMG

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard, coolshewty. 

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Phase

Kicked off Black Friday with some midnight Blazing Lazers
Could have probably done better on caffeine instead of turkey and beers

13,342,500 Hard Human aka Hard mode (1cc)
(no boss trick or eyeball grinding, ultimate challenge rules basically but I don't have a cam set up atm)
IMG

And to prove its hard mode we have the alternative ending music (contains some of the ending)

:)

Phase

13,446,040 Super Mania aka  :-k.. Very Hard mode (1cc)
(no boss trick or eyeball grinding, ultimate challenge rules basically but I don't have a cam set up atm)
IMG

And to prove its very hard mode we have the Super Mania ending music (contains some of the ending)

Its just the beginning music this time but its actually interesting because you never get to hear the whole thing at the title screen

up next gotta work on god of game mode. will try and get a full video this time...

roflmao

New personal best!

/11162191_10153441465245719_6933443870440258257_n.jpg

roflmao

Not quite as high as my previous post, but I just played through it on Twitch and broke 13 million: :D

IMG

You can watch it here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138988296

Phase

Cleared Gunhed FX1 hack ..soo basically a 1 life clear.
Normal difficulty
IMG

I would have cleared it sooner but just got an everdrive this week.

Heres the patch encase you want to try. The changes are listed in the first post there.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20918.msg455888#msg455888