OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Remembrance: An NEC Console Tribute Film

Started by PCEngineFX, 12/19/2008, 02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

IMG

Capturing the majestic beauty and form of an experience never to be forgotten, "Remembrance" brings you into the world of the NEC console legacy in a way never done before.  Featuring the PC Engine, CD-ROM2, Shuttle, DUO-R, TurboGrafx-16, Turbo-CD, TurboDuo, TurboExpress and other related hardware & games.

- Written, produced and directed by Aaron Nanto
- A production of pcengine-fx.com.
- Featured Music: "Reprise", "Ted and Marion", "The Pawn" by Peter Vronsky.
- For more information about the NEC line of game consoles, please visit https://www.pcengine-fx.com.

Trailer
-YouTube (available in HD)
Film
-YouTube (HD streaming available)
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Joe Redifer

Will the portables be in it, or is this "consoles" in the strict sense?

guyjin

PCEngineFX

Updated original post with final film banner, updated description information and current status with new screenshot.
IMG

PCEngineHell

Hey, get some Novus cleaner. You can get 1&2 and use that,along with a buff cloth and a normal eraser. If you work hard at it you can usually remove light to medium scuffs, or at least make them much less noticeable.

CrackTiger

I think that the Duo looks cool with the scratches/ battle scars.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: PC-ENGINE HELL on 12/20/2008, 04:58 PMHey, get some Novus cleaner. You can get 1&2 and use that,along with a buff cloth and a normal eraser. If you work hard at it you can usually remove light to medium scuffs, or at least make them much less noticeable.
Thanks for the suggestion PCEHell - I tried some things but found out that toothpaste and a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush cleaned up all of the scuff marks.  I've re-shot the scene with the cleaned up DUO-R and looks much better.
IMG

PCEngineHell

PCEngineFX

WOW... I am very happy how the film is turning out so far (I am 2/3 through the edit)...my primary goal this time around was to create a moving, beautiful work of art and I believe I have succeeded.  New screenshot below:

IMG

FYI, the bluish "flare" seen in these shots is intentional (as a "highlight flare").
IMG

Sparky

works of freak'n art man... & that flare is looking amazing, just curious can you get different colours out of the flare? like golds or deep reds?... but the blue looks hot.

nice font choice as well, for future projects this is a great resource... http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=601
lots of nice options here for ya :)

PCEngineFX

Yep, I can make the flare any color I want:

IMG

And dafont.com ROCKS - thanks for the link!
IMG

Sparky

I really thought you controlled the flare with the camera  :oops: !!! anyway the blue is so much better
saaaweeeet!!!

PCEngineFX

IMG

PCEngineFX

Full film is now online!  Original post has been updated with direct links to streaming and HD download versions of the trailer and full film.  Enjoy!
IMG

jboypacman

Joe Redifer

I like it!  Some good shots in there, especially the stacks of games and other related items.  A sealed Magical Chase?  OPEN IT!

turbogrfxfan

Oh boy!!!!  After seeing that movie I want to set little pillars in my room and set my game systems on them.  Great Great film!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

gat

I like to watch this about once a week.

Good job!

:-({|=

Ultra Luigi

Aaron, outstanding job man. I loved it! Do you think you'll ever make any desktop backgrounds out of this, just like the picture you have on the first page of this thread? I loved the Turbo Memoir ones that you made, and I still use them.

PCEngineFX

Hi Ultra Luigi,

Yes, I can make some desktop backgrounds out of this (will put them in the Turbo Memoirs site).

I also want to do sequel video of sorts with the same footage which I might have up early next week....so watch for it.
IMG

Ultra Luigi

Paul

brought some tears to my eye lol it is sad how good systems come and then go without being fully supported. Nice vid

PukeSter

Well made tribute, but why so sad? The PC Engine still lives in the hearts of all of us :mrgreen:

OBEY PC ENGINE!!!!!!

Gladiator316

EPIC EPIC EPIC!! Loved it so much. simple and straight to the point. I am gonna be on this site like everyday now :-)
93/94 TurboChips

bonoedgey

I have been waiting to see this video since I first found pcengine-fx.com site... and waited til I joined the forum today.  Great job, really enjoyed it.

cr8zykuban0

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG