PC Engine Game Reviews & Manuals

Started by lkermel, 06/15/2009, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkermel

Hi everyone,

I've meant to do that for a long time and I've finally started to add game manual scans to my site. Only a few are available so far (1943-Kai, Adventure Island, Fushigi No Yumi No Alice, Armed Formation F ,Sapphire) but I'll keep adding a lot more in the near future. They are all located in the Omake section from each review page, at the bottom. Do not hesitate to let me know what you think and also if there's a list of games you'd like to see first - I'm going now in whatever order my list of scans dictates me to go :)

lkermel

Added more manuals:

Aeroblaster
Appare! Gateball
Bomberman
Download
R-Type II

Do you like the actual format of the PDF files ? Any feedback ? :)

NecroPhile

Manuals are a dang nice addition to your site, though I'd rather see the front and back covers separated so that the back cover is the last page in the pdf.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

lkermel

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2009, 01:16 PMManuals are a dang nice addition to your site, though I'd rather see the front and back covers separated so that the back cover is the last page in the pdf.
I initially had them this way but it was a lot more work so I kept it simple with a 'douple page' format... I think is is also the format used by other sites such as replacementdocs... so I could change it but it'll be more work :(

_Paul

I started this on my site but kind of fell behind with it, I'm glad someone else is picking up the challenge!

lkermel

Quote from: guest on 06/17/2009, 07:10 AMI started this on my site but kind of fell behind with it, I'm glad someone else is picking up the challenge!
This is a challenge indeed but I've been scanning all my games for the past years and they have been sitting dormant on my hard drive... so time to get all those Gigs in the wild !!!
I know exactly what you mean Paul, our sites are now gigantor monsters and it is really easy to fall behind, I still have sooooo much info and goodies I'd like to add in mine but I just don't have the time to do all of it :)

lkermel

Just back from vacations and back in business. Have updated a couple of pages and added more game documentations:

Makai Prince Dorabocchan
Kiki KaiKai
Mizubaku Daibōken
Fantasy Zone
R-Type I

TurboXray

QuoteI wondered for some time why Sapphire was part of such collection and the answer is rather simple - they both share the same character designer, Mika Akitaka.
A wiki article states that the creator/artist was original working on Yuna as a shooter, but later the project was changed to a visual novel. One could assume Sapphire filled that void.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 06/17/2009, 07:10 AMI started this on my site but kind of fell behind with it, I'm glad someone else is picking up the challenge!
I should see, my friend scanned a ton of US manuals back int he day and sent them to the owner of the dump I think.

he might still have em.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

lkermel

bacteria

IMG
I AM the BacMan!

lkermel

lkermel

Duo_R

ok a request for anyone willing:

Ninja Gaiden
Salamander
Kunio Dodge Ball (I know I am misspelling that)
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

lkermel

No problem, I'll check to see if I have the docs and will upload them to the site. I definitively don't have Kunio Dodge Ball though :)

lkermel

lkermel

lkermel

Ceti Alpha

I always forget how much your site rocks.  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

lkermel

QuoteI always forget how much your site rocks.
Thanks a lot mate  :wink:
Don't hesitate to let me know if anything can be improved - I've been editing my reviews as my English is getting better ( :oops:) and been increasing the documentation resolutions so they're a bit more readable... but I'm always opened for suggestions.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: lkermel on 01/25/2010, 07:52 PM
QuoteI always forget how much your site rocks.
Thanks a lot mate  :wink:
Don't hesitate to let me know if anything can be improved - I've been editing my reviews as my English is getting better ( :oops:) and been increasing the documentation resolutions so they're a bit more readable... but I'm always opened for suggestions.
No problem. :)
IMG

alexsduo

anyone have a good way to make a printout of a manual, and have it look good and fit?

thanks
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

lkermel

Quoteanyone have a good way to make a printout of a manual, and have it look good and fit?
alexsduo, do you mean from the PDFs I have posted or in general ?
The process I use to scan and store my scans sadly wipes out the print format information from the files... however, if I remember well, PC Engine manuals are 24x12 cms (I'd need to verify that though but they look similar to standard CDs) so it's probably easy to tell the printer/software to print at that size. I'm not sure if my PDFs have enough resolution though - I'm still experimenting with this and I'll probably have to increase the resolution even more in the future...
But I've never printed out manuals myself so I'm not sure what would be the best way to do double sided prints that'd be thin enough to fit in CD cases...

alexsduo

Hmmm, yepp.. I have a military madness cd game case with game, and it is missing the manual... So I tried to find it online, and did.. But, when I printed it, it was huge!  It would not work to go in the case... However, I found a version of silent debuggers, and when that printed, it was exact, and I fit it in the cd case.... The quality is really good, and if it were on glossy, it may be a good substitute.... I would love to see a place that has them all...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

_Paul

Quote from: alexsduo on 01/27/2010, 12:41 AMHmmm, yepp.. I have a military madness cd game case with game, and it is missing the manual... So I tried to find it online, and did.. But, when I printed it, it was huge!  It would not work to go in the case... However, I found a version of silent debuggers, and when that printed, it was exact, and I fit it in the cd case.... The quality is really good, and if it were on glossy, it may be a good substitute.... I would love to see a place that has them all...
You just need the right software to be able to place/resize it. Or the PDF needs to have the resolution set correctly when it is originally saved.

lkermel

_Paul

lkermel

QuoteKeep up the good work.
Thanks mate :)
I wish I could spend more time on all of this - but I have now a couple of hours booked every Sunday where I can work on the site :D
Keep up the great work on the PCE Software Bible too - I really dig your latest updates and videos !!!

lkermel

More updates and manuals:

Advanced Variable Geo -  PC Engine
Winds Of Thunder (aka Lords Of Thunder) -  PC Engine

Keep an eye on my old updates as I'm about to raise-up the resolution from my early scans...

M1Savage

Hooray for more scans and raising the resolution!  =D>

lkermel

no problem mate  :wink:
Yesterday I raised up Spriggan, Final Soldier and Super Star Soldier.

I'm still experimenting with all of this and figuring out the best file size/quality ratio... but I'm getting there...

By the way, Video game den is now on Facebook !
Don't hesitate to become a fan if you'd like to hear about the latest news or find out about upcoming updates :D

lkermel

lkermel

lkermel

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: lkermel on 03/22/2010, 12:58 PMMore updates and manuals:

Chō Aniki -  PC Engine
Ai Chō Aniki -  PC Engine
haha. These games make me laugh. I can't say I'm going to pick them up any time soon, but who knows?

I did notice a typo in the Ai Chō Aniki write-up, though. "Are there here to avenge their original owners_?"

Might as well offer editing services as I read the reviews. heh   :mrgreen:
IMG

lkermel

Yeah, the Chō Aniki series is pretty 'unreal' - I recently got the Playstation game and this one surely tops all the others by far. I personnaly really like the first two games, especially the first one. The mechanical designs are incredible.

Thanks for pointing out the typo, I really appreciate it - English is not my native language so editing services are mooooore than welcome  :wink:

lkermel

lkermel

lkermel

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: lkermel on 04/22/2010, 12:02 PMMore updates and manuals:

Marchen maze - PC Engine
This game looks pretty cool, actually. Too bad the PCE port doesn't use the arcade "3D".
IMG

lkermel

QuoteThis game looks pretty cool, actually. Too bad the PCE port doesn't use the arcade "3D".
Yeah, I love this little game. The lack of "3D" is a bit of a shame but the arcade can be difficult to play because of it (controls are not aligned with the action).

lkermel

Ceti Alpha

IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

lkermel

I was busy polishing a new Famicom section for my site - I'm now back for more PC Engine love ;)

More updates and manuals:

Magical Chase - PC Engine

Tatsujin

funny that they didn't change the stage order error in the pce fan release.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

lkermel

Quotefunny that they didn't change the stage order error in the pce fan release.
Is there a stage order error in the original game ? I didn't know about this. :shock:

Tatsujin

No, but in the manual. Check yours. The pictures from stage 1, 2 & 3 are mixed up with those from stage 4, 5 & 6 :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

lkermel

You're totally right !!!  I've probably looked at this manual hundreds of time and never realized they put the pics in the wrong order  #-o... nice find !!

lkermel