OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Changing Fighting Street. The forum, the posting rules, the concept..everything

Started by JoshTurboTrollX, 08/18/2010, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

I'm just copying over a post in the "Fighting Street" forum titles - 'Fighting Street Sucks!"

I'm not trying to start any forum drama or anything here, but we really need to figure out what exactly the point of this "fighting street" forum is.  I think if anything this should be a place where threads in other places that turn into flame wars get put.  It would be like the Gouging much thread.  When that turned into the cluster fuck that it was.  A mod should have came in and said "Hey if this doesn't get back on topic, we're moving it to fighting street" DONE.  Then in 24 hours if shit hasn't cleared up, boom it goes to fighting street.  Where any and all participants can go on flaming or whatever. 

Any ideas?  Advice?  Possibilities?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

I vote for its complete removal.  It serves no useful purpose.

SignOfZeta

Normally the flame section of a forum is, yeah, where you move topics when they aren't useful topics anymore, not some place to pick fights.

I can...kind of see the merit in that, but in no way can I endorse what you are saying. If the gouging thread had been nipped in the bud there is SO much we wouldn't have learned about Roy Vegas, he'd still be here, gouging, and people would still be wondering why I always ragged on that guy so much.

Also, I just hate the idea of a mod...doing anything, pretty much. On a Pokemon forum or something, OK, but the PC Engine is old enough to drink at this point, and so are almost all the people that collect it. Therefore, if they can't take adult level conversation then they should just go away, rather than making everyone else pussy foot around through their silly code of conduct.

There is one car forum I go to that is fairly huge (67,000 members) and its so moderated that I sometimes get really frustrated. You can't offer to buy or sell anything without taking out a classified ad. You can't swear at anyone, or even substitute fake swear words (ie: fugging). To someone who is used to speaking plainly, its sometimes more difficult to craft a PC forum friendly post about anything than it is to just...get to the point. It is not conducive to organic conversation. At all.

Plus, sometimes you need to just be able to say, "Go fuck yourself", and sometimes people need to hear it.
IMG

TheClash603

We should have an annual vote on the best Fighting Street argument, and the two people that went at iit should have to punch each other in the face.

Sinistron

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/18/2010, 10:52 PMI vote for its complete removal.  It serves no useful purpose.
We talking about you or Fighting Street?
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Joe Redifer

Sinistron

IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Arkhan Asylum

fighting street is great. its like the real world.  You can say whatever you want and make a total ass of yourself!

that being said, it's also a disaster and thankfully only registered members can see it otherwise new forum members would probably not even bother registering.

the whole forum has devolved into a barely-NEC related travesty.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sinistron

No Arkhan- not the whole forum- just Fighting Street- except when it's you and Roy swirling your garbage around every thread you's appear on- that's the real barely-NEC related travesty.
IMG

MaximumRD

While I hope to not use it much I think it is a good idea to have Fighting Street where people can vent etc, it is an outlet that sadly is needed by some, it is necessary on most forums I think. I mean if someone is constantly breaking the rules and misbehaving elsewhere because they cannot contain themselves then they know where to go. I have found it good/interesting reading if anything lol.
My Classic Gaming Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD
My Classic Gaming Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26887025879

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Sinistron on 08/20/2010, 12:29 PMNo Arkhan- not the whole forum- just Fighting Street- except when it's you and Roy swirling your garbage around every thread you's appear on- that's the real barely-NEC related travesty.
oh so the mostly complaining about price gouging and nothing of real substance lately isn't devolving?

I wasn't the first to say that and probably won't be the last.  You barely post here when theres no drama, so what would you know.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

The Dave Medina (Nintega) thread is probably the most relevant thread in there. It helps us keep track of this guy's various IDs and whatnot and is hidden so he can't see it (assuming he hasn't already re-registered or have backup accounts that he registered long ago).

So I guess the forum does have a purpose, but the same could be achieved with another members-only type of forum without the BS.  Just make the chit chat section members only.

Emerald Rocker

The Fighting Street forum is the most entertaining part of this entire site.  It's neat because you can see who is actually capable of sticking up for themselves, as opposed to those who rely on the imposition of silence to overcome adversity.  It's a place where everyone is truly equal (in opportunity, obviously not in intellect) without concepts like "fairness" and "justice" screwing it all up.

With that being said, I should be a mod.  I'd clean things up around here real good.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

blueraven

FS is great. It's fine. My only complaint is that during his absence(s) people have been fighting with each other, but maybe this is just more apparent now that he's not around.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/20/2010, 04:46 PMSo I guess the forum does have a purpose, but the same could be achieved with another members-only type of forum without the BS.  Just make the chit chat section members only.
Glad to hear it. I agree with you. Isn't chat/shout already members only? I can't view it when not logged in but I have virtually everything in Firefox blocked.

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2010, 11:54 AMthe whole forum has devolved into a barely-NEC related travesty.
Some incredibly stupid things have recently happened.

The Repair/Mod forum is f***ing excellent; it keeps me coming back, if for no reason to try and help out people with busted Turbo/PCE's and try to create workarounds for new problems. The homebrew section is also a good example of where this forum pwns. :D

This community has a lot to offer when we're not arguing about money or... money. I think we're overreacting by changing anything.

And ER, I think your right about the "equal opportunity" aspect of Fighting Street.

JoshTurboTrollX

I think the "fighting street" forum can still be a good idea.  Getting rid of it alltogether isn't the best idea.  Is there any plans to change the concept at all, or is it just being deleted?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

It'll be closed and read-only. For general miscellany, we already have Chit Chat.