Games You Haven't Played (Arjak's new Youtube show)

Started by Arjak, 08/07/2014, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

Self-advertising FTW!

A while back, I began working on the first episode of what will hopefully be a series of videos in which I discuss obscure video games. Well, the first episode was recently finished and uploaded to Youtube, and I invite you all to check it out. I hope you all enjoy.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

munchiaz

Arjak

NightWolve

I heard of the game's name before, Golvellius, but not much else. Didn't know it was Sega's Zelda clone. New to learn for me also was that Compile had done one of my NES favs, Guardian Legend. I played it well before I associated Compile with Blazing Lasers and other strictly shooters.

Well, decent enough production quality for your 1st episode, Arjak (watched about 9 minutes of it). What are your video recording/editing tools of use ?

Arjak

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/11/2014, 01:25 PMWell, decent enough production quality for your 1st episode, Arjak (watched about 9 minutes of it). What are your video recording/editing tools of use ?
For this first episode, I recorded the live-action of me talking to the camera with a Sony HD Camcorder. I recorded the gameplay footage with a screen capture program (BB Flashback Express) while playing the games in several different emulators. Editing was done with Windows Movie Maker, although I will probably switch to a better program in the future.

Also, in future episodes, I will try to record off an actual console whenever possible. I recently bought a Live Gamer Portable for this purpose. Hopefully it will work; I've heard that it's a good piece of hardware when it works. It was the only one that would record to an SD card, though. The other game recorder I saw required it to be plugged into the computer AND a TV, which just isn't possible with the layout of my apartment.

Medic_wheat

Over all I enjoyed your video, it also reaffirmed my desire to pick up a copy of this game for the SMS.

Pros:

-Good knowledge base, and informative

-Voice was not bad to listen to (which is a big factor keeping me from doing youtube videos currently...seriously I hate the sound of my own voice).

-Good editing with inter cut game play footage.

Cons:

All nit picky personal prefferance stuff so take it how ever you like

-Maybe set up a nicer back drope.  I don't mean to make it a "LOOK AT MY AWSOME COLLECTION" or "add greenscreen with boobs'.  Just something a bit more eye catching then what you got.  I guess just better back drop staging for the video?  Like I said nit pickey ...

-Less random picture/video stuff to drive a joke home....Sorry I just really have an adverse reacton to one person reviewer joking ..... It feels like it detracts from the video.... where oddly I enjoy banter between two reviewers/gamers more like say "Game Sacks" stuff.  Because you almost get a siskel and ebert vib.

Apart from that it was over all enjoyable and I would like to see more of what you have to offer.

Arjak

Bumping because a new episode came out while I was gone!
Yeah, I know that I'm slow as a snail in getting these out, but I'm quite proud of how this one turned out. Hope you enjoy!

TheClash603

PunkCryborg

esteban

I never saw this before. Or, I never watched one of the videos before.

Hmmmm....

UPDATE: Wait, I have vague memories of this video... it must have been along time ago.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

What is an "Ar" and how does one "Jak" it?
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Arjak on 09/18/2016, 02:22 PMBumping because a new episode came out while I was gone!
Yeah, I know that I'm slow as a snail in getting these out, but I'm quite proud of how this one turned out. Hope you enjoy!
You make two videos tease Popfulmail and then disappear?

Keep up the good work you started.

NightWolve

HailingTheThings

IMG

sirhcman

Sarumaru

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2017, 03:12 PMDon't bump his thread just to troll.
I'm waiting for episode 3. He told me it would be out soon..

sirhcman

Gredler

turboswimbz

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITHOUT KARL (CARL?)  IN MY LIFE?????????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

LostFlunky

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2017, 10:43 AMIt looks like there is a new video out
... Hmm, gonna pass on being a meanie bastard here... Gotta save that for XXXSEED instead, heh heh.