RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Movie Recommendation Thread

Started by johnnykonami, 09/22/2015, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykonami

I am watching a Japanese movie called "Cold Fish" about a serial killer.  It's got a pretty crazy vibe and a lot of personality, I'm quite enjoying it.  I think it even said it was based on actual events at the beginning.  Great music and acting so far.  I don't want to give too much away.

Watching it through the Xfinity website portal / Hulu if you wanna check it out.

gheebee

One of my recent viewings was the new BD of Nightmare Weekend. It's a low budget French production shot in Florida about a scientist who invents a device that can remove negative personality traits (aggression, addiction, etc...) from people. His assistant strikes a deal to test it on humans, steal it, and sell it before it is ready and it winds up turning the test subjects into mutants. Not a "good" movie by any means but a pretty entertaining one for it's ridiculous story and low budget feel, you probably have to like bad movies to get into this one though. The new BD is a revelation compared to the previous DVD from Troma, which was was 4:3 pan and scan and looked dark as hell. It also features the uncut version of the movie (not much different than the R-rated version...) which I don't think was ever released before now.
In one scene the main character has her computer load up a game of Road Race, which is actually the Colecovision version of Turbo from Sega (according to imdb anyway).

sirhcman

InfraMan

Turbo Kid is pretty damn cool, if you have any nostalgia at all for cheap 80s sci-fi. Which I imagine most of us here probably do. :wink:

PukeSter

Thief and the Cobbler. The greatest animated movie of all time, but it was only about 80% finished. 30 years in production.

After many years of obscurity and butchering, someone restored the film to it's original vision.

This is the most famous scene of the film, animated sometime in the 70's.

Psycho Punch

Go watch Wages of Fear.
A landmark suspense movie, it was the inspiration for Sorcerer(1977) if I recall correcly but I never watched that one. Great movie, only the end is a little bit dumb but it was a trend in french movies of the time, I guess.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arjak

Anyone who has an interest in the process of crafting and telling a good story should try watching Adaptation. It's a surreal comedy about a depressed, self-conscious movie scriptwriter who is convinced that real life is boring, uninteresting, and not entertaining in the slightest, only to get caught up in a series of events that may prove him completely wrong.

To say much more would spoil it. It's not for everyone, it's a bit artsy, but it's very clever, intelligent, and entertaining in a very unusual way.

Here's a trailer:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2015, 05:22 PMThief and the Cobbler. The greatest animated movie of all time, but it was only about 80% finished. 30 years in production.

After many years of obscurity and butchering, someone restored the film to it's original vision.

This is the most famous scene of the film, animated sometime in the 70's.
I have "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams sitting next to me on my shelf.  It's a pretty amazing book!  Some classmates from college turned me onto both it and the Thief and the Cobbler.  Damn shame he's so under appreciated.