Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Price check

Started by L-Digital, 09/25/2016, 08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Digital

Out of interest, what would be the expected price for a completely sealed Copy of Rondo of Blood?  Totally mint

esteban

Is it actually the original item?

Or is it a reproduction?

If it is a reproduction: who made it?

All of the pricing info is available here:

PCE/TG-16 Price Calculator (updated via eBay sales data)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: L-Digital on 09/25/2016, 08:41 AMOut of interest, what would be the expected price for a completely sealed Copy of Rondo of Blood?  Totally mint
I would say $300+ ... it is always tough to pin down sealed numbers since the quantity is always fewer than played copies.

BigusSchmuck

Gypsy

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/25/2016, 10:10 AMBigus with the gamedude.

I swear, half of your posts are a link to that site. :lol: I knew it would be here before I even viewed your post. Hahaha
Not to mention, its been pointed out how they don't update prices unless they get it in stock. Which is why Magical Chase is $200.

Not to mention, they don't do sealed prices, which means the answer is not on the gamedude website.

Not to mention, Rondo of Blood isn't even on that fucking website. It only list turbografx-16.

None of these things will stop that idiot from posting that link repeatedly.

I wonder what price they'd ask on an inkjet printed Dungeon Explorer 2 case...

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2016, 10:10 AMBigus with the gamedude.

I swear, half of your posts are a link to that site. :lol: I knew it would be here before I even viewed your post. Hahaha
I went to play some TG16 the other day and one of my games had a Game Dude sticker on the back of the case.  It made me happier than it should've.

ClodBusted

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/25/2016, 12:51 PM

I went to play some TG16 the other day and one of my games had a Game Dude sticker on the back of the case.  It made me happier than it should've.
I would love to have a Game Dude sticker on a game, too!

TO ALL: I am glad that pcefx, in general, supports our brothers and sisters @gamedude.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2016, 01:52 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/25/2016, 12:51 PM

I would love to have a Game Dude sticker on a game, too!

TO ALL: I am glad that pcefx, in general, supports our brothers and sisters @gamedude.
My 4 in 1 Gate of Thunder disc has one still. I recall paying a whole $7 for it back in the mid 90s.

Nah just the ones that people can't bother to use search or basic googling. Probably related to the same office butts who can't even remember how to reset their passwords, but yet feel the need to have a printer directly on their desk instead of walking 5ft to go print something out.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2016, 06:12 PMGood point... It is exceedingly easy to find the price of shit.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Hand Polished Coprolites. HIGH GLOSS"

geise

$200 should be the Max for a sealed copy.  Opened and mint I'd say about $120 now.  Sometimes cheaper if you look around.

jonebone

Ebay.com

"Rondo of Blood"

Condition -> New

Completed Listings

Going for $125-$150 sealed. 

That was hard.

Otaking

Quote from: jonebone on 09/26/2016, 08:03 AMEbay.com

"Rondo of Blood"

Condition -> New

Completed Listings

That was hard.
I think the OP is wanting the price of a new genuine Dracula X which would not sell for $125-$150.
Your suggested eBay search results show the Tobias bootleg which looks completely different to a genuine copy.

This seller sold two genuine copies for $1050 each,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-ENGINE-SCD-CASTLEVANIA-DRACULA-X-BRAND-NEW-KONAMI-JAPAN-SUPER-CD-ROM2-RARE-/291501897272?hash=item43deddf638%3Ag%3AmJIAAOSwMmBVjiHT&nma=true&si=R794sviRH0WDEEyStOAKbMSMmGA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

"Rondo of Blood"

Condition -> New

Completed Listings

That was hard.
This is why prices of "retro" games in general are so chaotic and out of control. Collectors don't know or understand what they're collecting.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

If you're looking to sell, put it on ebay starting at a $1 and see where it ends.  I'd guess in the $400-500 range.

If you're looking to buy, why do you give a shit what I think it's worth?  I'm gonna open it anyway, so I'd not pay any more than what a nice open copy would cost, but pay whatever it's worth to you.

If you're asking just for some e-dick waving about the awesomeness of your 1337 collection, nobody gives a fuck.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jonebone

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 09:06 AM

"Rondo of Blood"

Condition -> New

Completed Listings

That was hard.
This is why prices of "retro" games in general are so chaotic and out of control. Collectors don't know or understand what they're collecting.
Well, yes, I'd assume buyers would do their own homework before spending money.  If they can't do that, then unfortunately there will be plenty of people to prey on them with as rampant as reproductions have been.

@Otaking, nice catch.  I don't know anything about the title, just thought the OP was too lazy to eBay himself.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/26/2016, 09:54 AMIf you're looking to sell, put it on ebay starting at a $1 and see where it ends.  I'd guess in the $400-500 range.

If you're looking to buy, why do you give a shit what I think it's worth?  I'm gonna open it anyway, so I'd not pay any more than what a nice open copy would cost, but pay whatever it's worth to you.

If you're asking just for some e-dick waving about the awesomeness of your 1337 collection, nobody gives a fuck.
Loooooots of assumptions being made there. What if he's trading it, and wants to figure out what a "fair" value is? What if he's wanting to sell it to a friend at a "bro" price? Hard to sell for a "bro" price if you don't know what the market rate is. There can be lots of reasons to want to know a price that aren't maximizing profits, nefarious or ego-related.

OP, this is a players forum, more than a collectors forum. Many people here tend to dislike sealed game collectors. You'll probably get better answers elsewhere on the web.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 09/26/2016, 11:35 AMLoooooots of assumptions being made there. What if he's trading it, and wants to figure out what a "fair" value is? What if he's wanting to sell it to a friend at a "bro" price? Hard to sell for a "bro" price if you don't know what the market rate is. There can be lots of reasons to want to know a price that aren't maximizing profits, nefarious or ego-related.
I didn't state or even imply that those three scenarios were the only possible reasons to ask a price, so the only one making assumptions is you.

L-Digital

Wow, this thread got crazy.
I was offered it for £300 recently and wanted to know if I was right to turn it down or just missed a mad bargain. It appeared to be completely original but I didn't know how to be sure in the spot so played it safe. I could probably still get it or at least some pics. It was definitely not dick waving.

I agree, I don't buy games to keep them sealed either, but this was an odd situation and I was curious. I didn't expect the thread to get so heated

Otaking

Quote from: L-Digital on 09/26/2016, 07:02 PMWow, this thread got crazy.
I was offered it for £300 recently and wanted to know if I was right to turn it down or just missed a mad bargain. It appeared to be completely original but I didn't know how to be sure in the spot so played it safe. I could probably still get it or at least some pics. It was definitely not dick waving.

I agree, I don't buy games to keep them sealed either, but this was an odd situation and I was curious. I didn't expect the thread to get so heated
Currently in 2016, £300 for a new sealed genuine copy of Dracula X is a fair price I guess.
I put genuine in bold as it's key.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

nopepper

You think this is heated?!? You should try talking about Dragon Egg or something like that, if you want heated. Dracula X doesn't deserve the raised emotions of the PCEFX community.

BTW, if you just want a nice used copy, there are lots of reference points to price it out. It's not like the game is rare or anything. Sealed, it is whatever you are willing to pay for that premium fresh-y feeling.

Arjak

So here's the plan...we get the Magical Chase...and hold it ransom for...

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/25/2016, 10:56 AMIMG
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

blueraven

I'm sure people will start flipping the fuck out any minute.

I paid £47 for it like 7 years ago, and the British guy that sold it to me sent me this all ALL CAPS email about how his wife (who shipped it to me) had put it up on eBay by accident and he would have cancelled the transaction but was away for work and how he hoped I enjoyed it and then blocked me from all of his future auctions.

IMG

Also, If you have it open it and play the damn thing.

wildfruit

Quote from: blueraven on 01/04/2017, 03:01 AM
I'm sure people will start flipping the fuck out any minute.

I paid £47 for it like 7 years ago, and the British guy that sold it to me sent me this all ALL CAPS email about how his wife (who shipped it to me) had put it up on eBay by accident and he would have cancelled the transaction but was away for work and how he hoped I enjoyed it and then blocked me from all of his future auctions.

IMG

Also, If you have it open it and play the damn thing.
I'll give you £48 right now!

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 01/04/2017, 03:01 AMI paid £47 for it like 7 years ago, and the British guy that sold it to me sent me this all ALL CAPS email about how his wife (who shipped it to me) had put it up on eBay by accident and he would have cancelled the transaction but was away for work and how he hoped I enjoyed it and then blocked me from all of his future auctions.
Ha!  What kind of Rimmer blames you for his wife's actions?

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2017, 09:09 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 01/04/2017, 03:01 AMI paid £47 for it like 7 years ago, and the British guy that sold it to me sent me this all ALL CAPS email about how his wife (who shipped it to me) had put it up on eBay by accident and he would have cancelled the transaction but was away for work and how he hoped I enjoyed it and then blocked me from all of his future auctions.
Ha!  What kind of Rimmer blames you for his wife's actions?
He could have been Rimmer from Red Dwarf. The email had his temperament... Literally lost his fucking shit in this email to me and about halfway though started telling me this story in the hopes that I would cancel the transaction and ship it back to him. It was after she had left me feedback too, so there was nothing to be done. I sent a reply saying; The transaction has been completed and I already have the item, and he sent a followup that was like "THANKS A LOT MATE ENJOY YOUR GAME". and then he reported the auction, eBay investigated, and ruled in my favor.

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/04/2017, 08:12 AMI'll give you £48 right now!
..apologies, man. NFS at the moment.

xcrement5x

Lol, that is a pretty awesome story.  That was still probably around $90 or so back then so the guy didn't get totally hosed, but I think the price was probably lower at that point too since the PSP version had been out for a bit.

I paid right around $90 for a copy in amazing shape it several years ago, felt fair to me at least.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2017, 03:58 PMLol, that is a pretty awesome story.  That was still probably around $90 or so back then so the guy didn't get totally hosed, but I think the price was probably lower at that point too since the PSP version had been out for a bit.

I paid right around $90 for a copy in amazing shape it several years ago, felt fair to me at least.
Haha, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah it was right during the time Rondo had been released for the PSP, so the price dropped down to just under $80, and that's when I jumped. The copy I got from the UK was still $10 under the price of any US copy (around $90 at the time, plus priority, exactly as you said), and came to $78.25 shipped after the exchange. A lot of people didn't bid on the auction because the buyer said that he (his wife) would be out of town for a week after auction close so not to expect immediate shipment, and it was overseas. I was also undercharged on the shipping by about 2 pounds. Was one of most memorable moments even though it didn't seem like it at the time.