@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Legend of Xanadu II Translation Patch announced!

Started by Arjak, 03/21/2011, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmer

Good news ... the new logo is now fully working properly in the game ... i.e. title menu code and logo are both properly patched into the existing compressed data file and load/run from CD.  :D

IMG

That shows that the data in the game can now be successfully changed/rewritten, which is one of the big steps in getting the translation done.

If anyone wants to burn a CD and see it running on a real CRT, here's an xdelta patch that can be applied to the .iso track of a CD image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5x4jedwf3sm93h/02%20Kaze%20no%20Densetsu%20Xanadu%20II%20%28J%29.iso.xdelta?dl=0

johnnykonami

Lookin' good!  Finally got my copy of Xanadu II coming in the mail, too.  Can't wait!

NightWolve

SamIAm

Real hardware test:

LegendOfXanadu2-100_1177.jpg

Way to go, elmer! We're rooting for you at every step!  =D> =D> =D>

Thanks also go to CrackTiger for making a nice text graphic for us.  :D

elmer

Quote from: SamIAm on 09/23/2015, 09:52 AMReal hardware test:
Nice! It's really good to see that the logo doesn't get too close to the edge of the TV.  :D

Gredler

Quote from: elmer on 09/23/2015, 11:22 AM
Quote from: SamIAm on 09/23/2015, 09:52 AMReal hardware test:
Nice! It's really good to see that the logo doesn't get too close to the edge of the TV.  :D
Looks great!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arjak

Holy shit! I thought I would never see this project make any more progress!

Also, that title graphic is awesome. Kudos to Black Tiger and Elmer!

Keep up the great work guys! I am cheering for you! =D>

Also, if you guys do decide to go ahead and translate the first game, I would be happy to reprise my role as Nuse. God...that seems so long ago, now...me, recording my dialog on a shitty mic I bought from Wal-Mart...I've gotten a much better mic since then, and I also now know how to use the noise cancellation feature in my recording program! I think I even asked SamIAm once if he wanted me to re-record my dialog with the better setup; I don't think I ever got an answer. I hope it sounds OK.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit