The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

All the new people

Started by Ninja16608, 05/04/2014, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja16608

Ok so I have been noticing a ton of new members here and that's great, but it also makes me wonder why the sudden in flux of people?  After reading a few other post around the forums and seeing other peoples thoughts on it I figured I would make a new thread and let people bitch here. I know some are here for the deals and just want to flip shit and to them I say suck a BIG bag of dicks and take a flying leap. To everyone else welcome to the party (Both sets of people know who they are) now I didn't look to see who was trollin and has been here for a while and who wasn't but it does make me wonder why the huge influx all the sudden. Maybe they saw the crazy ass prices on feebay and figured they might get a few here at cost and turn a buck? I don't know but I really hope that's not the case, we have awesome detectives here on this forum and if you are caught you'll never see the light of day on here that's for shit sure. I guess what I am trying to say to the "REAL OLD SCHOOL GAMERS" who just want to play the games is be aware, but I am sure most of you already are. To the new guys who are really here to play and contribute, be careful with who you sell and deal with, you might be getting taken for a ride. I have a very short list of people that I would personally deal with here, and have done deals with here so I know they are trustworthy and not turning profits.

That's my rant for the week, back in the hole I go.

Opethian

Date Registered: April 09, 2013, 03:03:51 PM
IMG

Ninja16608

Quote from: Opethian on 05/04/2014, 05:19 PMDate Registered: April 09, 2013, 03:03:51 PM
LOL 2305 post hardly makes you new :-)

bob

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:23 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 05/04/2014, 05:19 PMDate Registered: April 09, 2013, 03:03:51 PM
#1) hes not talking about himself

#2) somehing like this thread is better suited for fighting street

tggodfrey

Quote from: galam on 05/04/2014, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:23 PM
#1) hes not talking about himself

#2) somehing like this thread is better suited for fighting street
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Ninja16608

Wasn't meant for bitching and fighting. Just to get others thoughts and feelings on the recent influx. No I wasn't talking about myself, while I am just over a year old here and mostly read post about the tech and how to fix it. I have made a few buys and like most others here I play my obey and not try to turn a buck on it. All I am really saying is don't feed the greed :-)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:45 PMWasn't meant for bitching and fighting. Just to get others thoughts and feelings on the recent influx. No I wasn't talking about myself, while I am just over a year old here and mostly read post about the tech and how to fix it. I have made a few buys and like most others here I play my obey and not try to turn a buck on it. All I am really saying is don't feed the greed :-)
We're both new, buddy. Just gotta accept the fact and move on. I wish I had discovered this site years ago. I think it took quite a while for me to get accepted once I registered, too.

bob

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:16 PM...I figured I would make a new thread and let people bitch here.
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:45 PMWasn't meant for bitching and fighting. Just to get others thoughts...
:-k

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2014, 05:47 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:45 PMWasn't meant for bitching and fighting. Just to get others thoughts and feelings on the recent influx. No I wasn't talking about myself, while I am just over a year old here and mostly read post about the tech and how to fix it. I have made a few buys and like most others here I play my obey and not try to turn a buck on it. All I am really saying is don't feed the greed :-)
We're both new, buddy. Just gotta accept the fact and move on. I wish I had discovered this site years ago. I think it took quite a while for me to get accepted once I registered, too.
Yes it did take a while for me too. Like I said welcome to the real deal people, the rest can follow the instructions listed above :-) Yes, like you it took me a while to find this place, and that's where the alarm is raised for me anyhow, with the big influx of new members seemingly finding it with no effort makes me raise an eyebrow in wonder. We all know there are resellers here, some have even openly admitted to it and are making purchases here and selling them god knows where. The bottom line is these resellers are taking from the community and probably selling back to some of us at a much much higher rate. I just get pissed when I see a Jack N golf game go for around 50 bux here and I see the same one on feebay pushing $300 for the slow at math that's 5 times the money. If it's someone from here buying and they want to sell back to the community they are going to want to get out of it at the very least what they put into it and that fucks it all up for everyone else. I know some of us need to have that complete collection to strut E-Penis and say look what I have, but to pay outrageous prices to do so is plumb crazy and I think most will agree. Bottom line is don't feed the greed!

Ninja16608

Quote from: galam on 05/04/2014, 05:49 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:16 PM...I figured I would make a new thread and let people bitch here.
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:45 PMWasn't meant for bitching and fighting. Just to get others thoughts...
:-k
Ok so a bad choice of words. But really this was not meant for bitching.  Sorry for double post but I had to respond and the post came while I was typing the last post lol :-) HAVE FUN WITH IT no bitching just your takes on it.

bob

There are new people joining the retro scene every day.
I think most people find this place when it's mentioned in other forums because we have such a sterling reputation in the gaming universe.

Some people just can't cut it here because they don't realize how tight this place is and what they say doesn't just fall into an internet black hole like many other forums. Hell, half the private jokes around here are from posts/members from years ago.

PCEngineHell

If all the new people become too much of a concern we can destroy them with techromancer Flo Rida's advanced weaponized laser system Beamz.

OGHUGO

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson on 05/04/2014, 07:58 PMIf all the new people become too much of a concern we can destory them with techromancer Flo Rida's advanced weaponized laser system Beamz.

recommend you go here Professorpee
 http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

bob

Quote from: OGHUGO on 05/04/2014, 08:16 PM
Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson on 05/04/2014, 07:58 PMIf all the new people become too much of a concern we can destory them with techromancer Flo Rida's advanced weaponized laser system Beamz.

recommend you go here Professorpee
 http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/
Dude, come on. Dont go trolling in other threads.  Keep it in fighting street where you already posted this. I have not a care in the world about you two going back and forth, but prof had the decency to take it to FS. Keep it there and show some respect for others that dont know you or want to be involved. If this is now your purpose for being here, please rethink hanging around.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: OGHUGO on 05/04/2014, 08:16 PMI fail at trolling from my iPad using Tapatalk
Take it to FS, or keep it to your own threads, or, if need be, mine, if I let you. Stay out of others idiot.

jtucci31

I'm pretty new to the site. I came here just looking for useful information and do's and don'ts really. It's been really helpful so far and gotten me away from the other collector scenes that are not so fun to converse and deal with. Plus my PCE has easily become my new favorite system by FAR and i play it practically every day. The best is waking up early before my day starts just to get a little playtime in. I love it.

synbiosfan

I didn't join for the marketplace. I have done deals with members here but through other sites. I did preorder Mysterious Song and I like supporting homebrew scenes so I came to the source of many great efforts! =D> I did ask about how rare an item was which may have set off a warning sign to a few people but I was just curious.

I've been on the net long enough to recognize a number of names here which I like.

DeshDildo

I'm definitely one of the newbs.  I have lightly collected for about 15 years but got heavy into retro gaming about 2 years ago.  Thank the almighty I kept all of my gaming stuff from childhood.

I have been on many internet forums over the years (mostly automotive related) and figured I'd check out a few gaming forums.  I started with Nintendoage as I am definitely into the NES (finally surpassed the 500 game mark) and although there are a few cool people over there, there were so many fucktards I couldn't stand it.

I originally joined this forum to try and find some info to repair a TG16 unit I had.  I got some pretty fast help on solving the problem and even got a gracious PM from Bernie who sent me direct links to the service manual.  That experience was awesome!  Then I got to checking out all of the raffles you do in the trader section and the overall experience of this forum and I knew that this was home (this is where you shed an emotional tear).  In the short time I've been here I've already gotten great deals and items from great people and a great wealth of knowledge on the greatest console that ever came to be (cue triumphant music).
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

roflmao

Ninja16608

Quote from: Desh on 05/04/2014, 11:45 PMI'm definitely one of the newbs.  I have lightly collected for about 15 years but got heavy into retro gaming about 2 years ago.  Thank the almighty I kept all of my gaming stuff from childhood.

I have been on many internet forums over the years (mostly automotive related) and figured I'd check out a few gaming forums.  I started with Nintendoage as I am definitely into the NES (finally surpassed the 500 game mark) and although there are a few cool people over there, there were so many fucktards I couldn't stand it.

I originally joined this forum to try and find some info to repair a TG16 unit I had.  I got some pretty fast help on solving the problem and even got a gracious PM from Bernie who sent me direct links to the service manual.  That experience was awesome!  Then I got to checking out all of the raffles you do in the trader section and the overall experience of this forum and I knew that this was home (this is where you shed an emotional tear).  In the short time I've been here I've already gotten great deals and items from great people and a great wealth of knowledge on the greatest console that ever came to be (cue triumphant music).
Now that's what I'm talking about :-) I have been play the TG for a very long time and never even thought to look to the net for info until I had a neo-geo aes up on feebay and someone told me I might do better with selling it over at neo-geo.com. I was there for just under a month and they have a rule about not selling unless you have X amount of post or a month there. I posted mine a few days early to see if there would be interest in the whole set (7 games included) long story short, someone from here in the midst of the flames PM'd me and told me about here.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2014, 09:37 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/04/2014, 09:33 PMI'm pretty new to the site. I came here just looking for useful information and do's and don'ts really. It's been really helpful so far and gotten me away from the other collector scenes that are not so fun to converse and deal with. Plus my PCE has easily become my new favorite system by FAR and i play it practically every day. The best is waking up early before my day starts just to get a little playtime in. I love it.
^^ this guy gets it. :D
GET instead of HET :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

If you new people keep your nose clean and don't try to pull shit like OGHUGO with anyone around here, you will do just fine (in OGHUGO's case, lies, tries to shake down another seller, leeches others mod info to use for his own sales, never actually contributes, just always ask for shit/info etc).

One of the key issues with new people have been that they have been takers, but never contribute back. They either enter countless raffles trying to get free shit, join up trying to buy alot of stuff right away at community discounts, or they are big profit flippers of some type who pose as innocent noobs to the TG/PCE while they try to figure out a new angle. All of that shit gets old fast.

ClodBusted

I initially came here for the excellent Duo repair guides, not so much for anything else to be honest. But then I discovered lots of read worthy threads for PCE/TG16 games, too. So thanks for that. :)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/04/2014, 05:59 PMWe all know there are resellers here, some have even openly admitted to it and are making purchases here and selling them god knows where. The bottom line is these resellers are taking from the community and probably selling back to some of us at a much much higher rate. I just get pissed when I see a Jack N golf game go for around 50 bux here and I see the same one on feebay pushing $300 for the slow at math that's 5 times the money. If it's someone from here buying and they want to sell back to the community they are going to want to get out of it at the very least what they put into it and that fucks it all up for everyone else. I know some of us need to have that complete collection to strut E-Penis and say look what I have, but to pay outrageous prices to do so is plumb crazy and I think most will agree. Bottom line is don't feed the greed!
This is the worst of it. I never jump into buying and selling right away on a new forum. I have to ingratiate myself first. Resellers suck. I mean, buying lots and selling back some of it at fair or below ebay prices is grand, but buying on here to resell elsewhere really ticks me off. I mean, how can you enjoy the PCE if you're too busy scouring for deals?  [-X

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/04/2014, 09:42 PMI've been on the net long enough to recognize a number of names here which I like.
I'm not sure you're on a VG forum I'm not.  :-"

Ninja16608

Yeah I have bought large lots just to get a few games I needed and yes I have sold the rest off, that's not exactly reselling for profit, that's just paying for the games you want and getting a little back for the games you don't need. I have not sold anything on here yet either.

@ Professor, He locked his thread just when it was getting good https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16798.msg346167#new I really hope no one is catering to this reseller.

NecroPhile

The big jump in new members started in October of last year, but there's no corresponding uptick in activity.  There's probably no specific reason for the increase, seeing as the monthly influx has remained steady ever since.

By the way, only collectards give a fuck what Jack Nicklaus Turbo Golf CD sells for.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ninja16608

By the way I could care less :-) I have a complete cd collection. It was just an example of whats been going on.

wildfruit

Nulltard's avatar told me to join

MrFlutterPie

We get lots of new people but how many actually stay and become regular posters and are accepted by the community as a whole?  :-k

PCEngineHell

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/05/2014, 04:10 PM3.
please be one of the three, please be one of the three, please be one of the three

bob

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/05/2014, 04:03 PMWe get lots of new people but how many actually stay and become regular posters and are accepted by the community as a whole?  :-k
depends on the motives for joining.  shit is sniffed out pretty fast.
some people come for immediate deals and leave fast.  some people come and overstay their welcome, cant take the hint and keep coming back (active, but never actually contribute anything).
Some people just pop off with tough guy arrogance.  those are my favorite.

esteban

To the "newbies":

I would love for folks to discuss any aspect of TG-16/PCE, even  things like the old advertisements... old reviews (in context) vs contemporary views... Cover art... music...

Basically, you don't have to discuss actual games all the time (although that is welcome).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Desh on 05/04/2014, 11:45 PMThank the almighty I kept all of my gaming stuff from childhood.
You're welcome, but you only have yourself to thank, my son.

IMG
IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/06/2014, 12:12 AMYou're welcome, but you only have yourself to thank, my son.

IMG
Great shot of your divine wonders right here!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Desh on 05/06/2014, 06:07 PMGreat shot of your divine wonders right here!
Hmm yess.
IMG

madboom0522

It would seem that as a newbie, you have to pay your dues to make any headway... That has it's good points for sure. To some at first it can come across as a uppity click site, but if you move around the few turds then you can do just fine.... You have to not take things so personal and just move past the dumb. However for some they need proof of god having humor and it would appear that some members fit into those guidelines.... When you get right down to it, it's words on a page on a screen that can be turned off......
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: madboom0522 on 05/07/2014, 11:16 PMHowever for some they need proof of god having humor and it would appear that some members fit into those guidelines....
Go on.
IMG

kakutolives

quite frankly it is not hard to fit in around here. its like it has been said before, be nice to others provide info and be helpful when you can. most people that get ruin their welcome here tend to go around ripping others off and pulling bs shenanigans or try to make a quick buck out of the membership here. you would think that many of them would get the hint by reading that this place has no tolerance for that...
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

geise

Word, and welcome!  8)

Ninjainspandex

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 04:20 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/05/2014, 04:10 PM3.
please be one of the three, please be one of the three, please be one of the three
Well hey o.pwuaioc fancy seeing you here.

To the rest I just joined today because I put in an application over a month ago :P I'm very active on Racketboy Neo-Geo, and Shmups.   But recently a friend of mine found me a White PCE/CD Briefcase with Castlevania Dracula X for an absolute steal (about $120)  So I had it RGB/S-vid modded and bought a Turbo Everdrive.  Figure I should join this site, I hear Joe Redifer is a mod here and I love his vids and we have very similar interests (Sega and Neo Geo )

synbiosfan

I see how it is, you don't even say hi to me :cry:

Despite that, welcome man 8)

Ninjainspandex

heya synbios! your here too? so many familiar faces :D  Thanks

synbiosfan

Quote from: Ninjainspandex on 05/14/2014, 06:38 PMheya synbios! your here too? so many familiar faces :D  Thanks
Make sure your first few post aren't

1. In the Marketplace
2. In the wrong area of the Marketplace
3. Asking for items that there's an active Sales thread for already

Watch the reception BT83 gets.

Ninjainspandex

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/14/2014, 06:52 PM
Quote from: Ninjainspandex on 05/14/2014, 06:38 PMheya synbios! your here too? so many familiar faces :D  Thanks
Make sure your first few post aren't

1. In the Marketplace
2. In the wrong area of the Marketplace
3. Asking for items that there's an active Sales thread for already

Watch the reception BT83 gets.
Haha well you know me I'm no vulture and certainly not a flipper, I'm just here to learn about a PC engine since I basically new nothing about it before I picked it up.  Got a stack of CDRs and my Turbo Everdrive and I'm ready to just enjoy it ;)

esteban

Welcome, Nintegainspandex.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Quote from: Ninjainspandex on 05/14/2014, 06:32 PMI'm very active on Racketboy Neo-Geo, and Shmups.
great.  :roll:

Ninjainspandex

synbiosfan

o.pwuaioc

What's up, ninjainspandex, long time no see!

Quote from: galam on 05/14/2014, 08:28 PM
Quote from: Ninjainspandex on 05/14/2014, 06:32 PMI'm very active on Racketboy Neo-Geo, and Shmups.
great.  :roll:
Hey, despite those forums, I can vouch for him being a pretty stand-up guy.