10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Pictures of your Turbo/PC Engine Collection

Started by AlexKidd, 07/08/2005, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo Rasa

Man I remember lurking this thread ages ago before I registered, in this age it's great to see a single thread come up to the front page every few months. :)  Here's what I got:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Sorry this last one is so huge but it's the best cover I mean come on.  No pretty boy Alucards standing around just a dude flipping off Dracula 24/7.

munchiaz

^ yes that last cover is indeed amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

DynamiteSJ

snickersbar

heres my collection i started a the the start of the year

IMG IMG

77FordTruckMan

Wow, I've seen some really nice collections here. Here's most of my stuff, my room is so small I could not get far enough away to get good pictures, but they're not too bad. Taking these pictures made me realize how badly I need to dust. I included some other systems as well.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
some bootlegs, etc...

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Maybe if I moved that huge CED player I'd have room for my Saturn and 3do...

IMG

munchiaz

^got alot stuff there. I would suggest dusting, and getting a air purifier. I just set up my game room, and picked up a air purifier, and it really cuts back on the dust in the room.

Sadler

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 01/13/2012, 01:48 PMIMG
Nice collection! Your cat seems thoroughly unimpressed by the TurboExpress. :D

NecroPhile

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 01/13/2012, 01:48 PMIMG
Selectavision!  For a while I kept seeing those locally on craigslist and thinking I should snag one - thankfully I got over it before pulling the trigger.  I know I wouldn't have used it, but how do you like yours?

P.S. - Get some sturdier shelves STAT!  Some of those guys look like they're only a good breeze and a few more days worth of dust collection away from collapse.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Sadler on 01/13/2012, 03:34 PMNice collection! You're cat seems thoroughly unimpressed by the TurboExpress. :D
Didn't even notice the cat the first time!

77FordTruckMan

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/13/2012, 03:22 PM^got alot stuff there. I would suggest dusting, and getting a air purifier. I just set up my game room, and picked up a air purifier, and it really cuts back on the dust in the room.
Yeah, I didn't realize how bad it was until I took these pictures, never thought about an air purifier, I will have to look into that.

Quote from: Sadler on 01/13/2012, 03:34 PMNice collection! Your cat seems thoroughly unimpressed by the TurboExpress. :D
Thanks, yeah he will lay just about anywhere including on top of piles of games or whatever, I've had him for 14 years so he is used to it by now.

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2012, 05:18 PMSelectavision!  For a while I kept seeing those locally on craigslist and thinking I should snag one - thankfully I got over it before pulling the trigger.  I know I wouldn't have used it, but how do you like yours?

P.S. - Get some sturdier shelves STAT!  Some of those guys look like they're only a good breeze and a few more days worth of dust collection away from collapse.  :P
I always wanted one and finally found one at the flea market for a good price with a bunch of discs. It isn't really that great for regular watching because the video quality is pretty bad and it is prone to skipping, but I like it just because it is so obscure and almost nobody I know has even heard of it. I do use it regularly though, I just like the thought of watching movies on records. As for the shelves, they do look about ready to collapse, but they are actually more sturdy than they look. I need to redo the entire setup entirely because I need more room but I am running out of ideas... I just need to get my own house, but first I have a truck, a car, and 2 motorcycles to finish restoring...

munchiaz

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 01/13/2012, 11:50 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/13/2012, 03:22 PM^got alot stuff there. I would suggest dusting, and getting a air purifier. I just set up my game room, and picked up a air purifier, and it really cuts back on the dust in the room.
Yeah, I didn't realize how bad it was until I took these pictures, never thought about an air purifier, I will have to look into that.

Quote from: Sadler on 01/13/2012, 03:34 PMNice collection! Your cat seems thoroughly unimpressed by the TurboExpress. :D
Thanks, yeah he will lay just about anywhere including on top of piles of games or whatever, I've had him for 14 years so he is used to it by now.

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2012, 05:18 PMSelectavision!  For a while I kept seeing those locally on craigslist and thinking I should snag one - thankfully I got over it before pulling the trigger.  I know I wouldn't have used it, but how do you like yours?

P.S. - Get some sturdier shelves STAT!  Some of those guys look like they're only a good breeze and a few more days worth of dust collection away from collapse.  :P
I always wanted one and finally found one at the flea market for a good price with a bunch of discs. It isn't really that great for regular watching because the video quality is pretty bad and it is prone to skipping, but I like it just because it is so obscure and almost nobody I know has even heard of it. I do use it regularly though, I just like the thought of watching movies on records. As for the shelves, they do look about ready to collapse, but they are actually more sturdy than they look. I need to redo the entire setup entirely because I need more room but I am running out of ideas... I just need to get my own house, but first I have a truck, a car, and 2 motorcycles to finish restoring...
ikea has these cools shelves that hang on the wall and can hold 32 dvd cases. They are only $5 a piece.

JapanTokei

Thread hasn't been updated, but I'm sure many of us would like to share what our collection looks like these days.

Here are all that remains of mine... it's about 1/3 the size of what it was during the heydays of 2010-2011...   :x

/tokei_collection_2015_left1.jpg
/tokei_collection_2015_left2.jpg
/tokei_collection_2015_left3.jpg
/tokei_collection_2015_left4.jpg
/tokei_collection_2015_left5.jpg

cjameslv

Quote from: JapanTokei on 02/12/2015, 02:24 PMThread hasn't been updated, but I'm sure many of us would like to share what our collection looks like these days.

Here are all that remains of mine... it's about 1/3 the size of what it was during the heydays of 2010-2011...   :x

/tokei_collection_2015_left1.jpg
"Arise from the grave!"

JapanTokei

Altered Beast BGM with the command "Rise from your Grave!" plays in my head.... :P

IMG

photobucket.com/albums/f208/DonRSD/rise_from_your_grave.png

NightWolve

cjameslv

Quote from: JapanTokei on 02/12/2015, 03:01 PMAltered Beast BGM with the command "Rise from your Grave!" plays in my head.... :P
IMG
Lol that's perfect!

JapanTokei

I happen to have Altered Beast in my PCE-Hucard collection, lol.  It's one title I won't get rid off, I love that game!!!  (Even though the Genesis version is much better, though I hate to admit so....)

tknjin

I recently just updated and posted my entire collection up til now of my entire PC engine collection.  Hu Cards, CDrom2, and Super CD rom stuff on ASSEMBLER.  The only game that is missing right now is mystic formula because that is still coming from JPN.  I definitely have some missing titles that I am still on the hunt for and/or saving my money for, but nevertheless.  Hope ya guys enjoy

https://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?50826-Jin-s-PC-Engine-Collection(Hu-CD-SCD)

esteban

I just got a new copy of Power Golf, although it is quite clean (brand new?) it is also quite moist and definitely seems to have been abused (warped jewel case) by the previous owner.

Since the case is warped, I didn't include it in the photo. I hope the sunlight will dry out the moisture, though.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shawnji

Man...  I saw the guy with the huge shelf of PCE games several pages back and just wanted to cry.  I wish I could afford all that.  I'm ESPECIALLY intrigued by that HuVideo Sampler. 

My collection amounts to my Duo-R and a grand total of 17 CDs and 2 HuCards... My dream is just to have a complete Japanese game collection, but getting ahold of stuff like Sapphire seems damn near impossible with my current budget.  I had more games before I left Japan, but ended up having to sell a lot of them.

JapanTokei

Estaban:  lol, that is the most interesting combinational game collection shelf I've seen.  lol  :)    Dawn Detergent + PCE/TG games = unique.  :)

Quote from: esteban on 02/28/2015, 06:02 AMI just got a new copy of Power Golf, although it is quite clean (brand new?) it is also quite moist and definitely seems to have been abused (warped jewel case) by the previous owner.

Since the case is warped, I didn't include it in the photo. I hope the sunlight will dry out the moisture, though.

IMG

tknjin

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/01/2015, 12:26 AMEstaban:  lol, that is the most interesting combinational game collection shelf I've seen.  lol  :)    Dawn Detergent + PCE/TG games = unique.  :)

You think thats weird.  I have been trying to find where he put his Power Golf in that picture lol. Finally, I just oh screw it lol

esteban

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/01/2015, 12:26 AMEstaban:  lol, that is the most interesting combinational game collection shelf I've seen.  lol  :)    Dawn Detergent + PCE/TG games = unique.  :)

Quote from: esteban on 02/28/2015, 06:02 AMI just got a new copy of Power Golf, although it is quite clean (brand new?) it is also quite moist and definitely seems to have been abused (warped jewel case) by the previous owner.

IMG
I keep my games neat and clean.

:)

JapanTokei

Apparently your Dictionary is very clean too!!   :)

esteban

Update: My copy of Power Golf has dried out, thankfully, but the jewel case is still warped.

Also, I recently acquired a bootleg HuCARD  The Legendary Klaxe (not in the photo).

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/01/2015, 05:12 AMApparently your Dictionary is very clean too!!   :)
Yes, indeed. Also, I occasionally use it to look up words like "debugger"..."bugger"..."slug"..."slugger"..."Seabloon"...etc.

MNKyDeth

I just wanted to share my Duo and the games I have. These pics are from just after picking up all my old gear from my dads house. We didn't have it stored very well, but it all seems intact and partially working although a recap is incoming very soon for this Duo.

IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG

I remember beating Gate of Thunder without dying while so drunk I could barely sit upright. Man I love that game.

I guess I would like to add, all these games were purchased when I was younger, 18yrs or less. Some were purchased by me mostly at a local game shop that bought and sold new and used games. Way before Gamestop was ever on the scene. Also... I never tried collecting TG16 games but always tried to buy one every couple months with my allowance or begging my Dad whenever we walked by the Electronic Boutique in our local mall.

IMG

ToyMachine78

Here's mine. A lot more genesis stuff has been added since this pic. Now there is no room for SNES.

91105be4f2c292abf504d72fff1aabd5.jpg
03b541405e4c54814aa7e627e632d92f.jpg
893630e1a0daeb8501f490f1fc602c7a.jpg

majors

Since we are bringing this thread back, figure I'd post some updated pics.

The only shelves of importance.

IMG_20150215_203047.jpg

My console area, when it was first setup, nice and clean.

F32C7CfWrNbzofJTordq9ATAbe4toHIiOcbtzJ4O7wk=w759-h527-no

Ended up look like this real soon. At least you know I play my consoles...I just like to keep my controllers handy.

FsEVjqZHTCqGYGBrhzPMQmhEQD48NGA623pdNdfyMNg=w759-h396-no
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

MNKyDeth

Is that a white Intellivision between the Sega CDX and Atari?

I was pretty sure they were black. Pretty sure the one we have is all black. If that is an Intellivision I am going to have to get pics of the one we had.

CrackTiger

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 03/16/2015, 09:18 PMIs that a white Intellivision between the Sega CDX and Atari?

I was pretty sure they were black. Pretty sure the one we have is all black. If that is an Intellivision I am going to have to get pics of the one we had.
That's the Sears brand Intellivision. Radio Shack put out a Tandy brand one which is black with wood panels and there were three first party models:

Intv: black/gold with wood sides
IntvII: small & white with red/black accents
Intv III: black/silver.

There are other variants as well, but those are the main models. There's also a voice add-on that produces nice quality in-game voice effects.

If yours is all-black, it is probably just missing the cosmetic panels.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

MNKyDeth

We have one that is all black with the wood panels. I didn't realize there were other models. The only voice add on my family had was the one for the Tandy 64k color computer. We that and the 5.25" floppy drive and a tape drive. I remember my dad trying to teach me how to program on it.

GoldenWheels

I had a little leftover spot in my cabinet that just ended up being the perfect width for cases. Wish I could claim I planned it like that, I didn't.

IMG

My turbo is...just sitting under the CRT  being a plain'ol turbo.

Miracle_Warrior

My wife has been talking a bit about insurance and such for my collection (should I be worried?), so we wound up taking pictures and cataloging yesterday night.  I thought I'd share the latest Turbo/PCE with you guys. 

IMG
IMG

JapanTokei

Miracle Warrior:  that's one impressive collection - now only if you had River City Ransom Monogatari and Spriggan WITH its Spine cards - I think you would need insurance policy ;)

that's a joke btw.. nice stash, man... but on a seriously note, with collection like that you can't manage to track down and complete copy of River City and Spriggran?  and yes, insurance with Fire/Flood might be wise, or just dump it in a bank lock box if it's cheaper...

Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 03/26/2015, 08:50 AMMy wife has been talking a bit about insurance and such for my collection (should I be worried?), so we wound up taking pictures and cataloging yesterday night.  I thought I'd share the latest Turbo/PCE with you guys. 

IMG
IMG

Miracle_Warrior

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/26/2015, 02:16 PMMiracle Warrior:  that's one impressive collection - now only if you had River City Ransom Monogatari and Spriggan WITH its Spine cards - I think you would need insurance policy ;)

that's a joke btw.. nice stash, man... but on a seriously note, with collection like that you can't manage to track down and complete copy of River City and Spriggran?  and yes, insurance with Fire/Flood might be wise, or just dump it in a bank lock box if it's cheaper...
Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 03/26/2015, 08:50 AMMy wife has been talking a bit about insurance and such for my collection (should I be worried?), so we wound up taking pictures and cataloging yesterday night.  I thought I'd share the latest Turbo/PCE with you guys. 
IMG
IMG
haha, I will admit, it does bother me that I don't have the spine cards for those games, but I really wanted to play them and had the opportunity to buy them for a fair price, so I couldn't pass them up. 

Nulltard, I have a penchant for cardboard.  When nobody is looking, I like to smell the cardboard boxes.  Is that weird?

Gredler

Does Ninja Spirit smell like Southern California? :D

In case anyone was wondering it smells of avacados, traffic, and marijuana

bob

How does insuance put a covered value on old games?

Bklyn4ever

My wife suggested that I too get an insurance policy on my collection. My renters insurance covers only 15k that would not even cover my neo geo collection.

escarioth

im starting to get a bit more of some nice and fancy games.
...Still far from a complete set  :-k

/10842088_10155364463915007_3923905007759744682_o.jpg
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

escarioth

update i just got today :) quite a cost but not that bad when you look at ebay

IMG
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

schweaty

Quote from: escarioth on 04/09/2015, 06:28 PMupdate i just got today :) quite a cost but not that bad when you look at ebay
IMG
thanks.  when my wallet saw this, it had an aneurysm

Alt-Nintega

My turbo setup. The upside down fish tanks work very well to keep dust out when not in play. They also make descent display piece.

bob

^^ thats some serial killer shit right there.

Sparky

Quote from: galam on 04/14/2015, 04:10 PM^^ thats some serial killer shit right there.
Agreed! I hope I get reported to a mod :O

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2015, 11:19 PM
Quote from: galam on 04/14/2015, 04:10 PM^^ thats some serial killer shit right there.
I am a mod, tool tells me that you didn't much care for 10,000 days. Is this true? :3
IMG

Alt-Nintega

oh you guys didn't care for 10,000 days????? :(

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2015, 11:19 PM
hey  :Di had no idea. was just using what was available in the interface.  8)

HailingTheThings

IMG

CPTBadAss

IMG

My little collection. I love SCHUMPs.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.