@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Pictures of your Turbo/PC Engine Collection

Started by AlexKidd, 07/08/2005, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 05:23 PMHere's a pic of my little Turbo Area:
IMG
I'll post a detailed gallery on my website and link to it here shortly.  :)
Very cool! I used to have that TG16 encyclopedia book back in the day, wish I knew what happened to it!

roflmao

Quote from: Sadler on 09/10/2011, 05:47 PMVery cool! I used to have that TG16 encyclopedia book back in the day, wish I knew what happened to it!
Thanks, I'm a little surprised I've held onto it for all these years.  I picked up both those books way back in the day, and as you can see from the closeup here: http://www.risemedia.org/turbografx-16-collection/games05/ they've had their fair share of use! :)

Sparky

ya a lot of nice setups here from small to large, its what we love  =D>

sirhcman

What kind of black case is that? Brand/Model? I need something like that for my loose hucards!

Quote from: Sadler on 09/07/2011, 07:25 PMHere's my collection, in usual crappy cellphone pic form.

TurboExpress, mouse and loose hucards: tinypic.com/2d19xc3.jpg

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 08:46 PMWhat kind of black case is that? Brand/Model? I need something like that for my loose hucards!
I don't remember the exact model, but it's a Samsonite business card holder from Office Depot, like THIS.

I had read about using business card holders here, and I just wandered around Office Depot until I found something I liked. Honestly, I don't have a lot of loose hucards, and I'm not sure how well the case would do when packed (particularly with thick hu's). You might be better off using a binder as roflmao suggests HERE.

sirhcman

Quote from: Sadler on 09/10/2011, 09:43 PMI don't remember the exact model, but it's a Samsonite business card holder from Office Depot, like THIS.

I had read about using business card holders here, and I just wandered around Office Depot until I found something I liked. Honestly, I don't have a lot of loose hucards, and I'm not sure how well the case would do when packed (particularly with thick hu's). You might be better off using a binder as roflmao suggests HERE.
Thanks for the info and suggestions! I really appreciate it :)

Chuplayer

I'm a total Turbo noob, but I finally took the plunge with my PC Engine Duo-R which I got last month.

/6023485273_ee0ebaaa98_b.jpg
This is from when I first got my system.

/6024041050_6cfea5cb7e_b.jpg
Region modded by doujindance on ebay!

/650172-72U79SI.jpg
Most of my games are here. Yes, that is a bootleg. I actually don't have an arcade card yet, but I have played it on an emulator. I also got a multiplayer adapter and a few more controllers. Ys III is one of the main reasons I wanted to get the system.

/650175-NMLSQDY.jpg
And here's my loose JP Dragon Spirit HuCard along with my US Final Lap Twin.

Mishran

Someone likes the Blaster 3 button pad. I have one myself, and it isn't a bad controller. Reminds me of a 3 button NES pad. D-pad on the Turbo controllers can't be beat though, in my opinion.

Chuplayer

I don't like the standard PCE pad that I have that much. I much prefer the snappiness of the Blaster Pad buttons and D-Pad. I think I got two different revisions of it, though. I had to open up and sand out the ring around the d-pad piece in order to free up the D-Pad. The other two aren't nearly as stiff out of the box.

The other two are also new old stock, but they have button continuity problems. Sometimes I have to press down really hard on the buttons in order for them to work. I thought it might have been the carbon pads on the underside of the silicone membrane under the 3 buttons, so I turned it around. I was still getting the same problem in the same button, though. The I button. I also think my other new controller has similar problems with the II button. I've given thought to fixing the circuit boards, but I think I'd rather keep the controllers strictly for spare silicone membranes. In 10 years, I'll have worn through one set of them. I've worn out NES, SNES, and Dreamcast controllers, and I'll probably wear through these, too.

Anyway, this gives me an excuse to track down 6-button pads now.

Eltigro

IMG
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa326/eltigro/IMG_0038.jpg
IMG
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa326/eltigro/IMG_0020.jpg
IMG
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa326/eltigro/IMG_0019.jpg

Not as extensive as some on here, but I am proud to say that the TurboGrafx itself is a one owner system. Had it since high school and that is the original box it came in.

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Chuplayer

geise

...kinda creepy.... but welcome to the forums! :D  You'll fit right in haha!

Tatsujin

Rolf yeah. I've also knew one guy which was in pce/tg as well dolls collecting.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/14/2011, 09:05 PMRolf yeah. I've also knew one guy which was in pce/tg as well dolls collecting.
I've got a plush Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog and some mario characters... is that considered creepy? :lol:  I need a plush zonk.... that'd be sick!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Never heard about a plush Zonk, but there was definitely a plush Bonk :)

I so wanz teh plush bazzy one day :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

RR1980

hmm there's probably a plush Curious George out there that you can pretend it's bazzy hehe

NecroPhile

I have paper-craft Gillian Seed, Metal Gear, Adol, and Zonk guys standing guard on my game shelf, but no dolls/action figures.  I wouldn't say no to one of these though.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SMF

Ok peeps I wanna post my game collection since I'm getting ready to move and wanna share a piece of my TG hardward. My question is how do I post a picture on the forums?

Thanks
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Sadler

Quote from: SMF on 09/24/2011, 06:45 PMOk peeps I wanna post my game collection since I'm getting ready to move and wanna share a piece of my TG hardward. My question is how do I post a picture on the forums?

Thanks
Upload your pics to something like tinypic, then use the img tags to specify the URL of your pictures.

Lilgrafx

Okay here's my second attempt at uploading my collection

IMG
IMG
IMG

Lilgrafx

BlueBMW

Lil, if you want to pm me, maybe you can email me your pics and I can upload em for you.

NecroPhile

Here ya go, lil:

IMG

IMG

IMG

Quote this message to see what the links should look like.  :wink:

Nice collection, but it looks like you need some Sparky stickers for a couple of 'em (especially for Master Higgins).

RR1980

Quote from: guest on 09/15/2011, 10:15 AMI have paper-craft Gillian Seed, Metal Gear, Adol, and Zonk guys standing guard on my game shelf, but no dolls/action figures.  I wouldn't say no to one of these though.  :D
thanks to NecroPhile I have a paper craft Bonk and Bomberman! :)

GameFreak

Necro- Nice pictures!!!!!! Damn you have a huge sega collection to the side! But Im curious why one of your TG cases has the title covered in black tape?

allyourblood

Quote from: GameFreak on 09/27/2011, 09:48 AMNecro- Nice pictures!!!!!! Damn you have a huge sega collection to the side! But Im curious why one of your TG cases has the title covered in black tape?
New Adventure Island, I expect. Kinda looks like someone cut out the title (to me), rather than covered it.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Lilgrafx

Thanks a lot NecroPhile I'm kinda retarded when I come to computers.

Quote from: GameFreak on 09/27/2011, 09:48 AMNecro- Nice pictures!!!!!! Damn you have a huge sega collection to the side! But Im curious why one of your TG cases has the title covered in black tape?
That's New Adventure Island and since I took this picture I've put a sparky label on that. It came with a little piece of the label cut out.

Lilgrafx

Oh and on a side note my brother has a few hundred boxed snes games on the other side of our game room, I'll probably post some pictures of that soon.

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Otaking

Here's my complete collection

./royvegas/Turbografx%20Game%20Collection/DeepBlue.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

SuperPlay

Deep Blue, such an awesome game.  No need for anything else once you have that ;-)

RoyVegas

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 10/02/2011, 05:31 AMHere's my complete collection
royvegas/Turbografx%20Game%20Collection/DeepBlue.jpg
Someones been snooping around my photobucket account. :lol:
All is well. :)

Otaking

Quote from: RoyVegas on 10/03/2011, 01:17 PMSomeones been snooping around my photobucket account.   :lol: 
I typed "deep blue turbografx" and searched google images, grabbed a random pic off the first page of results. 
 :D

Here's my true complete collection, I'm not lucky enough to own the Deep Blue outer box or a plastic hucard sleeve,  :-({|= but maybe some day...

Lost: ebayimg.com/t/Deep-Blue-Turbografx-16-TG16-TG-16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Where's buster's Deep Blue ashtray pic when ya need it?

chop5

my humble collection you all helped me built:

IMG

the binder has almost 100 cards and a bunch of manuals and odd paper stuff. when i reach 100 hucards i will have a party. there is also some weird home made cases like that order of griffon one you can see. thanks guys  :)
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

bust3dstr8

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2011, 05:12 PMWhere's buster's Deep Blue ashtray pic when ya need it?
Nat will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would repost teh Deep Blue Ashtray and attempt to poison and destroy My brothers.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Senshi

Duo compilation Rover? What is that?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

chany60126

Quote from: Senshi on 10/05/2011, 11:10 AMDuo compilation Rover? What is that?
That is a homemade CD that has a bunch of huey roms that can play on your cd based turbo or pce console. However, most of the games have lots of bugs.

OldRover

I'm not exactly sure... I've never actually opened it before. It seems to have a ton of games on it though. I think it's one of those attempts to utilize the 4-in-1's hucard code.

EDIT: What he said. ^^^
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Sadler

For the past 13 years or so, I've been carrying around a lot of boxes of junk from my childhood. Tonight I decided to do some rummaging around in these boxes and see if there were any turbo goodies in there. I was hoping for something like my old Neutopia 2 box. I didn't find anything quite that cool, but I was still happy with what was there.

Here's the overview of everything I just found. There's my old Bonk game holder I made in shop (the bottom indicates it was in February 1993, and apparently I had shop 6th period), my Bonk's Revenge poster (so happy to find this! :D ), a series of TZD flyers, and then a Club Turbo "magazine" (which apparently I attempted to make a hard cover for), and a Club Duo.

tinypic.com/2eyja7o.jpg

Close ups of the Clubs

tinypic.com/wam6mu.jpg
tinypic.com/2h658qb.jpg

I also found some random 3DO and PS1 crap, but no ones cares about that junk. :D

Marll

Here is my collection. I think that I have everything pictured:

HuCards:
IMG

More HuCards:
IMG

CD Games:
IMG

Japanese Games:
IMG

Hardware:
IMG
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

munchiaz

^ nice collection man. you have some pretty good stuff. really envious of the castlvania. hopefully ill have my own copy some day

henrycsc

Sadler - I love the bonk game holder - wicked awesome shop class project
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

scottbpm

My small but slowly expanding collection.
Last addition was the Super CD-Rom2 to SGX power jumper cable from Retrogamecave.

IMG

tg16manaic

Here's most of my collection:

/28a8ab8.jpg

I got some more turbo grafx stuff, but it's literally buried under my sega master system collection lol.

DynamiteSJ

nice boxed collection.. i took a quick pic of my shelf with my cell and it came out lil blurred. Mainly took pics of what i have boxed.. have more "cased" stuff to the right.

IMG

dont mind the dust on them.. haha.. i need to add another shelf and go through everything again.

SMF

Nice collections, I just moved and when I get everything un boxed ill toss up a pic or 2.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch