@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What happened to...

Started by Dicer, 09/13/2017, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

Let's discuss projects that seem to have fell by the wayside...and we would like to see brought to completion.

I have two right now that have been on my mind

1. Bubble Bobble i'm sure it's still chugging along, would just LOVE an update.
2. Spriggan MkII translation, what's goin on there?

Feel free to discuss and add whatever... just felt like bringing this up.

dejan07

I wonder why nobody thought of Langrisser - Hikari no Matsuei translation since it is the best version out there.

NecroPhile

PC Genjin, Xymati, and Jungle Bros. were looking pretty sweet before getting the axe.  :(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

PC Gunjin

I was looking at the back of the manual of Mysterious Song the other day and I think that only one of the "Have you tried" titles came out. I don't remember if it was Pyramid Plunder or I was counting Atlantean as PC Engine Retrocade.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Yarr, Gunjin.  It looked cool, but I guess there's no mystery of what happened to it (or the other two).

As for retrocade, that was Ark's original plan for a bunch of old games (Pacman, Defender, Joust, Skate or Die, Jungle Hunt, and a deathmatch mode for Insanity) all on one disc.  Instead, the Pacman and Defender games were fleshed out into full games that could stand on their own and the rest were tabled.

Is it too soon to add Saber Rider to the what-happened list?  :lol:

OldMan

QuoteAs for retrocade, that was Ark's original plan for a bunch of old games...
Nope. Retrocade was a bunch of simple games (pong, tron lightcycles, and something else)  to test
the card circuit, and raise money to make the abCards. Yes it came out; I *think* there were 15
copies made. I'd love to know how many still work :)

Quote...the rest were tabled.
Let's just say there were some creative differences in how to do them :)

QuoteIs it too soon to add Saber Rider to the what-happened list?
Probably not.

CrackTiger

The limited AbCard prototype fundraiser was just part of what wound up happening in the end. Originally and for a while PCE Retrocade was going to be five games updated like Insanity/Atlantean/PP all on one SCD.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/01/2010, 06:56 PM
Quote from: lord_cack on 07/01/2010, 04:00 PMI can't wait to see those tiles in actual motion. I also want to see what the next set looks like in game.
It should all come in good time.  I forgot this weekend is the 4th of July weekend so I leave to go outta town tomorrow.  Shit crept up outta nowhere!

Keep in mind too, this will be just one of the games on the 5-game disc.  It and defender will probably be the lengthiest two to work on.  The rest, not so much.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

yeah, the Spriggan MkII translation would be excellent to play.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the Cosmic fantasy 1 and Might and Magic 1 translations. However, I know these projects have to be super time consuming so completely understandable that they are not completed yet.

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheOldMan on 09/13/2017, 06:35 PMNope. Retrocade was a bunch of simple games (pong, tron lightcycles, and something else)  to test
the card circuit, and raise money to make the abCards. Yes it came out; I *think* there were 15
copies made. I'd love to know how many still work :)
That was Protocade.  I'll check mine tonight and see if it's working:

IMG
(the FU was for Ark)

Quote from: TheOldMan on 09/13/2017, 06:35 PMProbably not.
Uh-oh.  :shock:

Psycho Punch

The Arcade Card golden axe, hope it gets finished someday.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

deubeul

One project I really hope will be enventually finished is the Team Innocent translation. I had actually started to play TI when I read about the translation project, then stopped playing to wait for the translation.  :mrgreen:

Others projects I hope will come to a good end are ManjiMaru, Kabuki Den and Gulliver Boy. Wait... taht was a dream   :D

esteban

Wasn't Dead of the Brain translated into French?

Maybe I'm confused...but I would love an English translation (I could hobble my way through a French version, though...)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 09/14/2017, 03:51 PMWasn't Dead of the Brain translated into French?

Maybe I'm confused...but I would love an English translation (I could hobble my way through a French version, though...)
Il fait beau.

NecroPhile

Mmmm, yeah, Dead of the Brain; I'd love to see that in English.  I even bought a copy back when it was being worked on, in hopes of one day ripping and patching it.  I've sadly not done much with it since, though I do pull it off the shelf and look at the sweet artwork in the manual from time to time.

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2017, 10:41 AMThe Arcade Card golden axe, hope it gets finished someday.
It will be; Black Tiger and Paranoia Dragon did way too much work on it to let it just fall by the wayside. It's just not a priority right now; everyone's plates are full with other stuff.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

For TheOldMan: I checked the Protocade huey last night and it was working fine.  :mrgreen:

PukeSter

Quote from: esteban on 09/14/2017, 03:51 PMWasn't Dead of the Brain translated into French?

Someone said the script was translated into French but no hacking was ever done.

What happened to the Cyber Knight translation? Still work in progress?

Aladar

Quote from: Dicer on 09/13/2017, 12:52 PM1. Bubble Bobble i'm sure it's still chugging along, would just LOVE an update.
I'm really sorry but I got tired (again) and so not much progress in the last six months.
The project is still alive but don't hold your breath...

Dicer

Quote from: Aladar on 09/15/2017, 12:21 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 09/13/2017, 12:52 PM1. Bubble Bobble i'm sure it's still chugging along, would just LOVE an update.
I'm really sorry but I got tired (again) and so not much progress in the last six months.
Just glad its not abandoned, take your time  hurry up choice is yours don't be late...

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 09/15/2017, 12:22 PM
Quote from: Aladar on 09/15/2017, 12:21 PM
Just glad its not abandoned, take your time  hurry up choice is yours don't be late...

Yes. Absolutely. Take your time.

:)

Arkhan Asylum

Lol yea retrocade was going to be five games until...

Hucards happened, atlantean didnt suck, and paul wanted to shoothimself because skate or die ii has way too many animation frames.

They really outdid themselves on that games sprites.

Eventually we might recycle stuff and make some stuff so art is not wasted.

Protocade and retrocade were different.   

Man that was awhile ago.   Lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ParanoiaDragon

Is there anyone else that'd be willing to do all the frames of animation of the SoDII Ramp clone?  Black Tiger?

As for Jungle Bros. & Spriggan Mark II, I believe Tom/Bonknuts was up on both of those.  I'm pretty sure I remember him thinking about tackling JB, but that was a couple years ago.  The soundtrack & grafx were near to completion  IIRC.  I havn't looked at my music files on that in a while, so I forget how many songs were left to do, 3 or 4?

I think Bonknuts had RL stuff catch up with him, as it's caught up with me as well.  I haven't made any kind of tunes in over a year!  Sometime in July of last year was the last time I did anything.  I have been working on a project where I'm replacing tracks for a couple of cd games. Namely, Double Dragon II & Super Darius.  I've been finding various remakes of the tunes for them, remixing them a bit, & making them the exact length as the original tracks so that when it doesn't mess up the timing on the cinemas & levels & such.  I'm pretty close to done with Double Dragon II, but I'm stuck on finding a replacement for the Helicopter scene.  This is the only one I've found https://youtu.be/sDgatImWsD4&list=PL6BoklkwiyPAirpzdGKWcPVxJF2r_bdu5&index=4

It's maybe slightly less repetitive than the NES original, but, still....  If anyone knows of anyother remakes of that song....that would rock my world! :D  I plan on releasing DDII & Super Darius remix ost's to everybody via Esteban who seemed excited about it months & months ago when I first told him about it.
IMG

cccmar

As someone mentioned, the script was ready, but the patch was never completed... which is a bit of a shame overall. I think things were similar with War of the Dead 1, which is not available in English, unlike its sequel.
We're working on Gaiflame... in fact, we had it translated and mostly hacked a year ago, but somehow we got sidetracked with that game. I think I'll upload the patch and drop the link to it later here on the forum.

BigusSchmuck

I would love to see the Wizardry games get the rest of the 20% translated someday. :)

esteban

Quote from: cccmar on 09/18/2017, 09:10 AM

As someone mentioned, the script was ready, but the patch was never completed... which is a bit of a shame overall. I think things were similar with War of the Dead 1, which is not available in English, unlike its sequel.
We're working on Gaiflame... in fact, we had it translated and mostly hacked a year ago, but somehow we got sidetracked with that game. I think I'll upload the patch and drop the link to it later here on the forum.
Ahhh, thank you for the update.

Even with stalled/cancelled projects, this is a good era for PCE fans.

:)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/17/2017, 01:07 AMIs there anyone else that'd be willing to do all the frames of animation of the SoDII Ramp clone?  Black Tiger?
Probably, and then you can find someone to program it, too.

lol.   We have other stuff going on now and I'd rather not add stuff to the list.   We've sort of always operated on a 1(ish) thing at a time sort of setup.

I'd almost rather clone one of the gameboy skate or die games.   tour de thrash had the fun sewer ditch skating, and bad n' rad was basically castlevania with a skateboard.

Those games all don't really get enough attention for whatever reason.

They were all really great. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

I thought we were making NEO Blades of Titanium?! Have ye forgotten already? The world is owed a Neo Geo arcade hockey rpg. Is my design doc going to waste?!

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 09/19/2017, 06:13 PMI thought we were making NEO Blades of Titanium?! Have ye forgotten already? The world is owed a Neo Geo arcade hockey rpg. Is my design doc going to waste?!
Hockey RPG is released first, but then it gets a superficial re-skinning and we can call "PowerFubol 11 RPG".

Nobody is going to notice.

It could be a lot of fun to market the "powerplay" in soccer...

Gredler

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2017, 07:53 AM
Quote from: Gredler on 09/19/2017, 06:13 PMI thought we were making NEO Blades of Titanium?! Have ye forgotten already? The world is owed a Neo Geo arcade hockey rpg. Is my design doc going to waste?!
Hockey RPG is released first, but then it gets a superficial re-skinning and we can call "PowerFubol 11 RPG".

Nobody is going to notice.

It could be a lot of fun to market the "powerplay" in soccer...
The NES Hit-The-Ice had a RPG mode but the game never shipped. NHL Hitz 2002 had a great pseudo rpg mode too

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2017, 04:43 PM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/17/2017, 01:07 AMIs there anyone else that'd be willing to do all the frames of animation of the SoDII Ramp clone?  Black Tiger?
Probably, and then you can find someone to program it, too.

lol.   We have other stuff going on now and I'd rather not add stuff to the list.   We've sort of always operated on a 1(ish) thing at a time sort of setup.

I'd almost rather clone one of the gameboy skate or die games.   tour de thrash had the fun sewer ditch skating, and bad n' rad was basically castlevania with a skateboard.

Those games all don't really get enough attention for whatever reason.

They were all really great. 
I gotta play the GB ones again, I never have given them much time.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Tour De Thrash is great.    Its got the handheld version of the ramp from SOD2, and the trench game is awesome.

cccmar

There's one more project I can think of... there was some effort to translate Nazo no Masquerade, wasn't there? Is this still an active project, or is it up for grabs?  8)

MooZ

It's still sort of active. You are more than welcome if you want to translate the script :)

pixeljunkie

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2017, 10:41 AMThe Arcade Card golden axe, hope it gets finished someday.
this! Those screens they posted ages ago are still saved on my desktop to drool over every once in awhile.