DUO R disc spin but doesn't move

Started by kisaku, 11/26/2016, 02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kisaku

I have a Duo R, Hucard works well, good sound too.
The cd spinning but no move , then PLEASE SET DISC comes out.
I tried to change some pot values but NOTHING change. I think motor or gears don't move... Bad caps or lens or motor??

thesteve

the duo-r will spin before its ready
is the laser center or edge?
if edge it could just be stuck

kisaku

Quote from: thesteve on 11/26/2016, 03:29 AMthe duo-r will spin before its ready
is the laser center or edge?
if edge it could just be stuck
Edge....so how can i move it? It is not moving , should i force it? :) Thanks

kisaku

I tried to move the laser to the center and it was ok, then motor moved well, but spin is slow and doesn't load the disc. The motor voltage is 3.3v (with tester). Do you think is it a laser or a caps problem?

thesteve

could just be pots now
the duo and duo-r will get stuck if they seek too far to the edge (generally from a focus error)

kisaku

i tryed to change some pots but nothing changes....what pot mainly? spin is always the same...

thesteve

well back to start
set the pots back and see what it does without disk again

kisaku

It's the same. Spin slowly, then please set disc.

thesteve

kisaku

Without disc the lens goes up and down searching.

thesteve

OK good
Just fixed this issue on a black pce duo
It was a floating ground under the cxd1167
Have also seen bad vias around the cxa1081, pot adjustment or bad chips cause this

kisaku

i just putted the laser starts extreme other side and this WORKS, while if it starts from center it doesn`t....

Keith Courage

hmm, maybe a bad stop switch or weak lens motor?

kisaku

The problem is only in the START. When it starts it works perfectly....

Keith Courage

lens Motors will do this sometimes.however, if left running for a while the motor should jam up again at some point.

another possibility since you said you had to move the lens all the way to the far end. Maybe there is a short in one of the wires for the lens.

choijimmy

I have similar thought as Keith,  sounds like some mechanical problem.  I have some brand new stop switch and send you for free.  I also think(need to double check) I have spare old lens motor (but withOUT the disc holder plate), just motor,  also can send you for free,  let me know if you want to try.

Thanks

kisaku

Yes i think it is the stop switch problem. Is it easy to change?

choijimmy

Quote from: kisaku on 12/10/2016, 12:35 PMYes i think it is the stop switch problem. Is it easy to change?
yes, very easy. two mintues work. PM me you address and I will send you one for free. thanks!

thesteve

Stop switch should be obvious
When it starts it will move left till it reads the switch
Bad switch will move left and stop
Good switch will move left and appear to bounce off the switch
If it's a bad motor it will just sit there till you move the gear and suddenly start working