10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

NEC LASERACTIVE problem

Started by kisaku, 09/03/2017, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kisaku

Hello everyone i have a big problem with a nec laseractive.
Hucards work fine, the problem is with cd and LD.
When i put a cd on it disc spins but after 5 seconds it stops. When i put a LD nothing spins....Laser motor moves and red laser is ok....
Laser gone??

choijimmy

Is the ld/cd unit ( PCE-LD1 ) ever work since you got it ?

there is a little FAQ/truoubleshooting guide for laseractive, you can have a quick look

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9267.0

Thanks

kisaku

choijimmy

Then 2 things I will do first.

1. Use water to clean the laser lens.
2. If still no luck,  try to adjust the pot on the laser lens just a little bit (clockwise)  to see if it helps

kisaku

Quote from: choijimmy on 09/04/2017, 04:52 PMThen 2 things I will do first.

1. Use water to clean the laser lens.
2. If still no luck,  try to adjust the pot on the laser lens just a little bit (clockwise)  to see if it helps
Clean done. Where is the pot? Maybe i tried time ago, can you let me know where is it? Thanks

choijimmy

The pot is located on the laser lens.  It is a tiny pot on top of the ribbon cable and below the white circle of the lens

kisaku

from this photo, right part of the lens, small upon yellow thing ?

i.imgur.com/XSQWTuc.jpg

kisaku

i tried to turn a little, and now LD spins but stops, as the cd.

choijimmy

LD spins, seems some good sign... Please try to turn the pot marker to 12 o'clock position

I am unable to upload the picture which shows the position. what is your email ?

kisaku

Quote from: choijimmy on 09/07/2017, 07:08 PMLD spins, seems some good sign... Please try to turn the pot marker to 12 o'clock position

I am unable to upload the picture which shows the position. what is your email ?
kisaku@libero.it

mario_pic

Quote from: kisaku on 09/03/2017, 11:21 AMHello everyone i have a big problem with a nec laseractive.
Hucards work fine, the problem is with cd and LD.
When i put a cd on it disc spins but after 5 seconds it stops. When i put a LD nothing spins....Laser motor moves and red laser is ok....
Laser gone??
tray may be out of alignment