OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

NEC LASERACTIVE problem

Started by kisaku, 09/03/2017, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kisaku

Hello everyone i have a big problem with a nec laseractive.
Hucards work fine, the problem is with cd and LD.
When i put a cd on it disc spins but after 5 seconds it stops. When i put a LD nothing spins....Laser motor moves and red laser is ok....
Laser gone??

choijimmy

Is the ld/cd unit ( PCE-LD1 ) ever work since you got it ?

there is a little FAQ/truoubleshooting guide for laseractive, you can have a quick look

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9267.0

Thanks

kisaku

choijimmy

Then 2 things I will do first.

1. Use water to clean the laser lens.
2. If still no luck,  try to adjust the pot on the laser lens just a little bit (clockwise)  to see if it helps

kisaku

Quote from: choijimmy on 09/04/2017, 04:52 PMThen 2 things I will do first.

1. Use water to clean the laser lens.
2. If still no luck,  try to adjust the pot on the laser lens just a little bit (clockwise)  to see if it helps
Clean done. Where is the pot? Maybe i tried time ago, can you let me know where is it? Thanks

choijimmy

The pot is located on the laser lens.  It is a tiny pot on top of the ribbon cable and below the white circle of the lens

kisaku

from this photo, right part of the lens, small upon yellow thing ?

i.imgur.com/XSQWTuc.jpg

kisaku

i tried to turn a little, and now LD spins but stops, as the cd.

choijimmy

LD spins, seems some good sign... Please try to turn the pot marker to 12 o'clock position

I am unable to upload the picture which shows the position. what is your email ?

kisaku

Quote from: choijimmy on 09/07/2017, 07:08 PMLD spins, seems some good sign... Please try to turn the pot marker to 12 o'clock position

I am unable to upload the picture which shows the position. what is your email ?
kisaku@libero.it

mario_pic

Quote from: kisaku on 09/03/2017, 11:21 AMHello everyone i have a big problem with a nec laseractive.
Hucards work fine, the problem is with cd and LD.
When i put a cd on it disc spins but after 5 seconds it stops. When i put a LD nothing spins....Laser motor moves and red laser is ok....
Laser gone??
tray may be out of alignment