OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Ys Book 1&2 inserts - *Updated*

Started by cjameslv, 01/08/2015, 01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjameslv

So i got a copy of this and its the pack-in version with no back insert  :evil: Fuuuu but wait esteban has a site with inserts....it's the only one missing from the ys collection  :evil: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU...fine i'll make one  :dance: Well made it/printed it/changed white plastic snapin to black. Shit looks just like first release. Ahhh all better. If your still reading this winded post then fine you get a present.

Look...

Below...

Here you go feel free to download it (based this on original first release). I'm also making a graphic one that won't be as plain if anyone wants it. Be sure when printing if you use photoshop etc, set it to cymk so the bar will be correct color. RGB will be close as well but if you like are anal then do cymk.

My Google Drive link (file is 7mb): drive .google .com/file/d/0B_ONCErfDmXsRElONGE1d3NGZEE/

Preview (use link above for actual size file):
IMG

Custom Ys Insert:
My Google Drive link (file is 4mb): drive .google .com/file/d/0B_ONCErfDmXsNkljeURTaGh2X0U/

Preview (use link above for actual size file):
IMG

esteban

I haven't looked at this yet, but I will add this to the "print your own stuff" page this weekend. Hopefully.

I still have some old stuff to add as well (fantasy star soldier...)

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quick update: I added your Ys Book I & II insert to the page...

https://www.tg-16.com/print_your_own_stuff.htm#Ys_a

It is very nice. Simple, but nice. :)

QUESTION: What were the original dimensions of your image? I had to hack around google to get the image (I am on an ancient computer/browser right now). I will fix the source file when I get a chance (the thumbnail is fine). thanks :)

If you change the "w" and "h" values below you can resize the image (ha!)...for some reason it defaulted to "1200x630", so I used "1280x1000" to approximate the proper aspect ratio.

IMG

cjameslv

It's 1772x1388px (W 5.907in x H 4.627in) / 300dpi / 7.0mb. You should just be able to right click it and hit download or use the download button at top to get the full size image.

esteban

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/11/2015, 01:21 PMIt's 1772x1388px (W 5.907in x H 4.627in) / 300dpi / 7.0mb. You should just be able to right click it and hit download or use the download button at top to get the full size image.

I should be able to do that. When I use a modern browser. Ha!

You have no idea how wacky my world is. Really.

cjameslv

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2015, 01:27 PM
Quote from: cjameslv on 01/11/2015, 01:21 PMIt's 1772x1388px (W 5.907in x H 4.627in) / 300dpi / 7.0mb. You should just be able to right click it and hit download or use the download button at top to get the full size image.
I should be able to do that. When I use a modern browser. Ha!

You have no idea how wacky my world is. Really.
Well it sounds crazy when you say "modern browser"  :lol:

cjameslv

Updated with custom insert now.

esteban

esteban

OMG. I FINALLY HAVE BOTH UPDATED.

cjameslv

Quote from: esteban on 01/12/2015, 08:14 PMOMG. I FINALLY HAVE BOTH UPDATED.
HA, thanks. Hope that helps put a few people on their quest for inserts. If we need more just pm , i'll do a few in my evenings.

esteban

UPDATED:

https://www.tg-16.com/print_your_own_stuff.htm#Ys_b

I like that you recreated the "classic" design of original 1990 Ys Book I & II, plus envisioned a new design reminiscent of the DUO era.

Sarumaru

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/08/2015, 01:48 PMIMG
That custom one at the bottom is GREAT. I love it. it'd be awesome in the PC Engine color scheme too  :P

NightWolve

Yeah, I'd love one for my plain Duo pack-in of the game.

DragonmasterDan

The custom insert looks great!
--DragonmasterDan

cjameslv

graffias79

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/08/2015, 01:48 PMHere you go feel free to download it (based this on original first release). I'm also making a graphic one that won't be as plain if anyone wants it. Be sure when printing if you use photoshop etc, set it to cymk so the bar will be correct color. RGB will be close as well but if you like are anal then do cymk.
I like anal but I don't know how to do CMYK.  Is there a tutorial?  Anyway thanks for the insert!  :D

Sarumaru

cjameslv

Quote from: graffias79 on 01/13/2015, 01:27 PM
Quote from: cjameslv on 01/08/2015, 01:48 PMHere you go feel free to download it (based this on original first release). I'm also making a graphic one that won't be as plain if anyone wants it. Be sure when printing if you use photoshop etc, set it to cymk so the bar will be correct color. RGB will be close as well but if you like are anal then do cymk.
I like anal but I don't know how to do CMYK.  Is there a tutorial?  Anyway thanks for the insert!  :D
Welcome, and its just settings you can change in photoshop. In reality you can just download it and hit print but pffft reality...who lives there?

Arjak

Just found these. I like, but there are a few problems with the "Custom" insert that really drive my inner Grammar Nazi up a wall.

Quote"For a short time, the peace and prosperity that had existed for 800 years before was returned to the land."
Remove the two words I've made bold. The "for" implies that Ys had been peaceful for the 800 years leading up to the present day, which is definitely not the case. The "was" creates some really awkward phrasing.

Quote"But it is up to you, great adventurer, that must guide him!"
It seems like you changed this sentence halfway through writing it. I would suggest either this:

"But it is up to you, great adventurer, to guide him!"

Or this:

"But it is you, great adventurer, that must guide him!"

Also, while I'm at it, might I suggest changing the word "great" to "brave"? It seems a better fit, not just because it works better with the adventurer idiom, but also because it seems a bit presumptuous to call the player "great" when he hasn't proven himself by beating the game yet. :wink:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Sarumaru

Quote from: Arjak on 02/12/2015, 10:50 PMJust found these. I like, but there are a few problems with the "Custom" insert that really drive my inner Grammar Nazi up a wall.

Quote"For a short time, the peace and prosperity that had existed for 800 years before was returned to the land."
Remove the two words I've made bold. The "for" implies that Ys had been peaceful for the 800 years leading up to the present day, which is definitely not the case. The "was" creates some really awkward phrasing.

It seems like you changed this sentence halfway through writing it. I would suggest either this:

Or this:

Also, while I'm at it, might I suggest changing the word "great" to "brave"? It seems a better fit, not just because it works better with the adventurer idiom, but also because it seems a bit presumptuous to call the player "great" when he hasn't proven himself by beating the game yet. :wink:
1stWorld.jpg

cjameslv

Quote from: Arjak on 02/12/2015, 10:50 PMJust found these. I like, but there are a few problems with the "Custom" insert that really drive my inner Grammar Nazi up a wall.

Or this:

This bitch...
Typos.webp

Ok you busted me, Well i tried to copy everything from the manual word for word but..

/2889t9z.jpg

As you can see i added two words "up to" grrr, well if you really need it fixed i'll upload a new one.

Arjak

Quote from: cjameslv on 02/13/2015, 12:12 AMOk you busted me, Well i tried to copy everything from the manual word for word but..

/2889t9z.jpg

As you can see i added two words "up to" grrr, well if you really need it fixed i'll upload a new one.
Ah, that's why the text seemed familiar! I didn't realize it came from the manual. That would explain why the text is so messed up. I remember reading that manual for the first time, and by the time they called the town of Minea "Esteria", which is supposed to be the name of the island nation after Ys vanished, (another thing to fix in the insert text, by the way :wink: ), I was like, "What the fuck is this shit!?"

Quote from: cjameslv on 02/13/2015, 12:12 AMThis bitch...
Typos.webp
Don't blame just me, Brutha. Blame those drugged-out crackas at NEC, as well! :P
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Ayce

Looks really good and I'll probably print one for myself. The only problem aesthetically is the font size of the main text (I know you wanted to fit all of that in, but it's too much text  for such a small area. The main text should not be as small as the secondary information). You may also want to reduce the opacity of the drop shadow on the screen shots to around 60-70%.

cjameslv

Quote from: Ayce on 02/17/2015, 05:34 PMLooks really good and I'll probably print one for myself. The only problem aesthetically is the font size of the main text (I know you wanted to fit all of that in, but it's too much text  for such a small area. The main text should not be as small as the secondary information). You may also want to reduce the opacity of the drop shadow on the screen shots to around 60-70%.
Ok noted, i was working on an updated version. The text is actually readable but will require photo paper, it won't come out right on plain copy paper from my testing. I'll post up a newer version in a couple days :)