RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Best Family System?

Started by airsoftmodels, 10/02/2016, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airsoftmodels

My 11 year old daughter and I have bonded by playing our TG-16 together.  She absolutely loves the Bonk series and is quite good at it.  The TG-16 library holds her attention, while the SNES, Genesis, and the N64 do not come close.  Does anyone agree with me that the TG-16 has a unique magic about it that makes it the best family system.

blueraven

As long as you don't shoot me with a paintball then yes, I agree. :mrgreen:

tbone3969

TubroGrafx > all other systems
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

wildfruit

My nine year old is generally not interested in older stuff but loves bomberman 94 and gunhed

Otaking

The Wii and Wii U are without doubt the greatest family systems ever released.
I've never played either solo very much, but as a family or multi player they are in a different league to anything else.
Also my kids and all their friends are Nintendo crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TheClash603

Quote from: Otaking on 10/02/2016, 03:50 PMThe Wii and Wii U are without doubt the greatest family systems ever released.
I've never played either solo very much, but as a family or multi player they are in a different league to anything else.
Also my kids and all their friends are Nintendo crazy.
The TG16 is a great old school family machine, since it is the only one with a lot of games for 3-5 players...  but you are 100% correct that the Wii and Wii U are absolutely the best of all time for family play.

My niece and nephew love the Wii U and wouldn't even give the TG16 a look.

PukeSter

I like the Turbografx, because it has a lot of easy, short games that are always fun to replay.

5 player multiplayer is also a plus.

And don't forget Niko Niko Pun, the world's easiest kiddy platformer.

SavagePencil

My cat turns her snout up at Blue Blink and only seems to appreciate Splinter Cell :(

esteban

Quote from: SavagePencil on 10/02/2016, 08:57 PMMy cat turns her snout up at Blue Blink and only seems to appreciate Splinter Cell :(
Jajjajajajjajajajja. Best post in last week.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: airsoftmodels on 10/02/2016, 01:38 PMMy 11 year old daughter and I have bonded by playing our TG-16 together.  She absolutely loves the Bonk series and is quite good at it.  The TG-16 library holds her attention, while the SNES, Genesis, and the N64 do not come close.  Does anyone agree with me that the TG-16 has a unique magic about it that makes it the best family system.
XaviX is the best family system. That said...

My daughter (12) likes TG-16, probably because I told her she couldn't get Pokemon _______ until she completed all the missions in Falcon, Gunboat and Yo, Bro (she still hasn't completed Yo, Bro). This has saved me a few dollars over the past 6-8 years.

My daughter loves DS/3DS the most, but I am happy she has been interested in the 8-/16-bit consoles of yore. 

I haven't answered the question because my twins (5 years) are much happier playing games on iPad than handhelds/consoles. They are better at CrossyRoad, for example, than I am. When I showed them Frogger, they could play it, but it wasn't as exciting for them.

Damn. I am a dinosaur.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arjak

Quote from: esteban on 10/02/2016, 11:25 PMMy daughter (12) likes TG-16, probably because I told her she couldn't get Pokemon _______ until she completed all the missions in Falcon, Gunboat and Yo, Bro (she still hasn't completed Yo, Bro). This has saved me a few dollars over the past 6-8 years.
You're a monster! :lol:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Bardoly

Quote from: esteban on 10/02/2016, 11:25 PMMy daughter (12) likes TG-16, probably because I told her she couldn't get Pokemon _______ until she completed all the missions in Falcon, Gunboat and Yo, Bro (she still hasn't completed Yo, Bro). This has saved me a few dollars over the past 6-8 years.
Actually, I thought that you had required her help with 5 more Turbo Doodle episodes.

:-" :-" :-"

NecroPhile

Turbobs are great for kiddos, but it's hard to beat the Lego games on any newer system.  They're humorous, fairly easy, and usually don't penalize you much for messing up.

And just about anything is better than touchscreen turds like Flappy Bird, Fruit Ninja, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 10/02/2016, 11:25 PMMy daughter (12) likes TG-16, probably because I told her she couldn't get Pokemon _______ until she completed all the missions in Falcon, Gunboat and Yo, Bro (she still hasn't completed Yo, Bro).
...DAD?
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp