RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Dragon Slayer : The Legend of Heroes 2 @ The Cosmic Fantasy Series

Started by Alagor, 12/29/2016, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alagor

Hello all. I was just wondering if either The Legend of Heroes 2 or any of the Cosmic Fantasy games are in the works, translation wise. And if not, I thought I'd throw those ideas into the ether.

esteban

Quote from: Alagor on 12/29/2016, 06:21 PMHello all. I was just wondering if either The Legend of Heroes 2 or any of the Cosmic Fantasy games are in the works, translation wise. And if not, I thought I'd throw those ideas into the ether.
Yes, you have our permission to begin translating them.

Thank you.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 12/29/2016, 06:27 PM
Quote from: Alagor on 12/29/2016, 06:21 PMHello all. I was just wondering if either The Legend of Heroes 2 or any of the Cosmic Fantasy games are in the works, translation wise. And if not, I thought I'd throw those ideas into the ether.         
Yes, you have our permission to begin translating them.

Thank you.

:)
Yes, permission/support granted. :)

But in all seriousness, David Shadoff had begun work on Cosmic Fantasy 1, so you could talk to him if you felt you could help. I actually took over his Emerald Dragon project years back given he was willing to offload stalled projects due to lack of free time and having tried to take on too many perhaps.

crazydean

So generous of you to volunteer! Thank you.

After playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 though, I don't think we need any more of those in the English speaking world.

CrackTiger

Quote from: crazydean on 12/29/2016, 07:23 PMSo generous of you to volunteer! Thank you.

After playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 though, I don't think we need any more of those in the English speaking world.
Each sequel is radically different.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 12/29/2016, 07:33 PM
Quote from: crazydean on 12/29/2016, 07:23 PMSo generous of you to volunteer! Thank you.

So... We now know why they call you "Crazy", but tell me: why do they call you "Dean"? Where does that come from?
Either I am the dean at my college, or it's the name my parents gave me. I'll let you figure out which is the truth.

crazydean

Quote from: guest
Each sequel is radically different.
Also, I found the story of CF2 pretty engaging. The gameplay was pretty boring. Magic was useless for the first two-thirds of the game. Supposedly there was chance of poison but I never got it through the whole game.

Alagor

I'm just surprised that there hasn't been a translation ( or an attempt at one ) since it's the one game and has a strong, cult fanbase. I understand that Zero and Ao are being worked on, so, it would be nice to see the second game of the original duology get translated.

Also, I didn't suggest that I would translate or help translate. I don't have any computer skills, really. Just a gamer who wanted to ask a question about some games he likes.

SamIAm

Don't worry, Alagor, everyone's just messing around.

Cosmic Fantasy 4 episode 2 is supposed to be pretty good, and IIRC, the text is supposed to be uncompressed SJIS. It definitely makes the list of games I'd like to work on if I ever find the time. On the other hand, it might have a ton of unsubtitled voice acting, and believe me, dub projects are a total pain in the ass.

Stay tuned for Legend of Xanadu 1 and 2, though. We're almost done with them, I swear.

elmer

Quote from: Alagor on 12/29/2016, 09:20 PMAlso, I didn't suggest that I would translate or help translate. I don't have any computer skills, really. Just a gamer who wanted to ask a question about some games he likes.
And so, you probably have no idea of just how many hundreds or thousands of man-hours of hard work go into reverse engineering a complex videogame and translating it.

Whoever takes on that task needs to have a real passion for that game in order to put that much effort into it.

Quote from: Alagor on 12/29/2016, 09:20 PMI'm just surprised that there hasn't been a translation ( or an attempt at one ) since it's the one game and has a strong, cult fanbase. I understand that Zero and Ao are being worked on, so, it would be nice to see the second game of the original duology get translated.
Then you might want to suggest the possibility of doing a translation to the folks in the "strong, cult fanbase".

Until some selfless white-knight steps forward, folks here will just have to suffer the horrible "2nd-best" of getting translations of Falcom's own unique-to-the-PCE "Dragon Slayer: Legend of Xanadu" 1 & 2 games, rather than Hudson's port of the older-and-ported-to-everything (and frankly, less sophisticated) "Legend of Heroes II" game.  :wink:

elmer

Quote from: SamIAm on 12/29/2016, 10:15 PMStay tuned for Legend of Xanadu 1 and 2, though. We're almost done with them, I swear.
Yeah ... we need be careful with statements like that!  :lol:

I think that I've somehow managed to commit myself to at least 2-or-3 months of darned lip-sync fixups, even after all the audio is mixed and inserted!  ](*,)

crazydean

elmer

Quote from: crazydean on 12/29/2016, 10:39 PMDamn Elmer, schoolin noobs tonight.
I was thinking about joining in the joke, but I left it too long and then both NightWolve and SamIAm were kind enough to reply sensibly.

Too late to join in and keep up the joke after that.  :wink:

Alagor

Calm down, cock body. Was just asking a question. You act like you freed us all from the Matrix. I didn't try to Catfish your mother so focus your nerd rage on someone else.

Hey CA-RRRAAAAZZZZYYY Dean, your mind is a soft trail of forgotten breadcrumbs.

And for the rest of you muppet-fisting f**k wagons; Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes 2, Cosmic Fantasy 1, 3, 4-1, and 4-2. Get on it. NOW.

TurboXray

I've posted on numerous sites about how Alagor is working on translating Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes 2, Cosmic Fantasy 1, 3, 4-1, and 4-2. That way no one else gets in his way. Better step up.

EmperorIng

Those games are pretty staid; would prefer translations of Sol Moonarge, Anearth, and Emerald Dragon instead.

On a side note: a translation patch for EVO: The Theory of Evolution on the PC-98 (46 Okunen Monogatari; aka the predecessor of EVO on the SNES) has just been released before 2016 was over. Hurray for obscure RPG releases!

Gredler

When youre done with these, please finish the bonk RPG for USM I just learned about that, and think it'd be rad of you finished it. Just putting it out there, thanks for your generous support and donation of free time!

NightWolve

Hey...uh, Happy New Year, Alagor! You're off to a great start for 2017! That's the spirit! ;)

When noobs attack... Heh. Well, I guess we charmed yet another visitor and I might've found his meltdown more proportional if this was done NecroPhile-style... I saw playful sh*tposting, nothing to rise to the level of making it personal.

Conclusion: Alagor is easily triggered and maybe that's something he should make part of a new year resolution to work on. :P

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/01/2017, 05:10 PMHey...uh, Happy New Year, Alagor! You're off to a great start for 2017! That's the spirit! ;)

When noobs attack... Heh. Well, I guess we charmed yet another visitor and I might've found his meltdown more proportional if this was done NecroPhile style... I saw playful shitposting, nothing to rise to the level of making it personal.

Conclusion: Alagor is easily triggered and maybe that's something he should make part of a new year resolution to work on. :P
He also swears identical to you... f**k.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: White Supremacist DildoKKKobold
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/01/2017, 05:10 PMHey...uh, Happy New Year, Alagor! You're off to a great start for 2017! That's the spirit! ;)

When noobs attack... Heh. Well, I guess we charmed yet another visitor and I might've found his meltdown more proportional if this was done NecroPhile-style... I saw playful sh*tposting, nothing to rise to the level of making it personal.

He also swears identical to you... f**k.
Ah, the censoring of profanity you mean. Yeah, at least he was courteous about that. ;)

Anyway...

Ya know, total coincidence, but I was gonna rename him [Alagor] to Al Gore, was thinking the same as some, but I didn't feel I could make a good enough joke off that. So I just went with a wishing-him-a-happy-new-year angle. Heh.

Quote from: White Supremacist DildoKKKobold
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/01/2017, 05:19 PMAh, the censoring of profanity you mean. Yeah, at least he was courteous about that. ;)
IMG
Totally its your troll account, Night!
Aaaah, so that's why this pure PCE psycho maniac was so invested in Josh/Jash's defamation libel, and even now still stalking/investigating my friend of 20 years, JoeQuaker... Noticed how he was singularly obsessed with just replying to me in this thread with some stupid accusation, albeit masked as a joke... Super-stalker THEN, as he is NOW!

I'm referring to Kyle Thomson, AKA DarkKobold, who managed to plagiarize Sarumaru's path to Kickstarter success with a PCE homebrew game. I wanted to make a Boycott Atherbyte page before I forgot everything that other insane, nasty lunatic did (Arkhan Asylum AKA Andrew Dildovich), and now think it should be combined with "Bold Game Studio", what Kyle now calls himself... Can't imagine how inflated his ego is now and how much more abusive he is believing he can't be banned due to his work (similar to Arkhan Asylum)!

I also learned he was doing this on tasvideos, just wildly accusing members of having alt accounts! Never mind it's his psycho pals actually doing it like Nulltard (Psycho John Moriconi) with 2 accounts Xak & ButtSniff, and JoshuaTurboTrollX-16 with his TheFather5 account (I caught matching IPs)! The deranged motherf*cker has been harassing me for over 6 YEARS now, I looked back at old posts of him and remembered he was adding XSEED to his profile, ideas he got from Moriconi whose motives on this forum were always duplicitous. It's absolutely horrifying to think we let him get away without a banning, and the consequences continue in 2022, the time of this edit...

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/01/2017, 05:19 PMAh, the censoring of profanity you mean. Yeah, at least he was courteous about that. ;)
IMG

Totally its your troll account, Night!
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NightWolve

Ya know, total coincidence, but I was gonna rename him to Al Gore, was thinking the same as Nulltard, but I didn't feel I could make a good enough joke off that. I just went with wishing him a happy new year angle. Heh.

Arjak

Quote from: Alagor on 01/01/2017, 08:32 AMCalm down, cock body. Was just asking a question. You act like you freed us all from the Matrix. I didn't try to Catfish your mother so focus your nerd rage on someone else.

And for the rest of you muppet-fisting f**k wagons; Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes 2, Cosmic Fantasy 1, 3, 4-1, and 4-2. Get on it. NOW.
IMG

If anyone here is acting high and mighty, it's you. Translations take a HUGE amount of time and effort, and you showing up, basically demanding that we drop everything and translate the games you want, then throwing a temper tantrum because we mildly teased and criticized you instead of immediately giving you your way, is not going to make things go any faster.

If you can't even handle such low-level teasing and mild criticism, then this is DEFINITELY not the forum for you.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

NecroPhile

Quote from: Alagor on 01/01/2017, 08:32 AMCalm down, cock body. Was just asking a question. You act like you freed us all from the Matrix. I didn't try to Catfish your mother so focus your nerd rage on someone else.

I hope this is in jest.  If not, get fucked.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

crazydean

I've been on these forums for over a year and this is the first time I've been called out for being an asshole. I finally feel like I belong.

NecroPhile

Quote from: crazydean on 01/03/2017, 11:06 AMI've been on these forums for over a year and this is the first time I've been called out for being an asshole. I finally feel like I belong.
Anyone that shits on Cosmic Fantasy and says they're not worth translating, is an asshole!  :twisted:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Yeah, I don't know what this thread is about anymore but CF 3 and 4 are in another universe compared to the crusty 1 and 2. I'm very interested in translations of these.
IMG

Gredler

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/03/2017, 04:21 PMYeah, I don't know what this thread is about anymore but CF 3 and 4 are in another universe compared to the crusty 1 and 2. I'm very interested in translations of these.
The team is growing! Translation by the end of the year please!

SignOfZeta

Heh, I decided to learn Japanese instead. I'm super bad at programming.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/03/2017, 04:21 PMYeah, I don't know what this thread is about anymore...
What this thread is really about is that 2017 won't be all that different from 2016 and prior years here at PCEFX...

I love you a$$holes, you're my turbros, and always will be! Happy New Year!

#retro4evah #pce4evah

TurboXray

Quote from: crazydean on 01/03/2017, 11:06 AMI've been on these forums for over a year and this is the first time I've been called out for being an asshole. I finally feel like I belong.
Earn points; win prizes.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Gredler on 01/03/2017, 04:58 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/03/2017, 04:21 PMYeah, I don't know what this thread is about anymore but CF 3 and 4 are in another universe compared to the crusty 1 and 2. I'm very interested in translations of these.
The team is growing! Translation by the end of the year please!
I call dibs on voicing Babette with the voice of Miss Piggy!
IMG

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/03/2017, 09:43 PMWhat this thread is really about is that 2017 won't be all that different from 2016 and prior years here at PCEFX...
Sounds like its time for another meme off...
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

blueraven

BTW this thread trolled me hard and I fell for the joke hook, line and sinker until the puppet comment. Then It was just a day of  :-s :-s

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2017, 03:08 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/03/2017, 09:43 PMWhat this thread is really about is that 2017 won't be all that different from 2016 and prior years here at PCEFX...
Sounds like its time for another meme off...
I approve of this idea. It's time to update the "Important News About The PC Engine" if nothing else.

NightWolve

I got my turbros and my turbrahs 'round here, heh

Well, too bad that Alagor's PCEFX forum experience went so poorly... I guess he rage quit us after that "go f*ck yourselves" post; thought he might return and roll with the punches a bit. Ah well... romhacking.net was better suited for fan localization-lobbying/begging anyway.

Gredler