10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB: US Dynastic Hero

Started by Bock, 09/02/2017, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bock

Hello,

*edit*
I am looking for US Dynastic Hero to complete my Wonder Boy collection, so leaving that message out.
Looking for a price that isn't too crazy!

Omar/Bock
(E-mail omar AT miracleworld dot net.)
(In addition to cash I'd be happy to have a trade involving involving PS4 physical copies of 2017 Dragon's Trap if that something desirable for you, I directed that game and will have spare copies).

CrackTiger

There are a couple copies up on eBay right now.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sirhcman

thanks but I am only interested in physical copies of this game for xbox one

Bock

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 10:06 AMThere are a couple copies up on eBay right now.
The one on eBay are either fake/repro either 4-digit priced. Is that the price norm for this game? (If so, I am never going to buy it. waiting for a more decent offer).

Bock

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 11:14 AMthanks but I am only interested in physical copies of this game for xbox one
We are unable to release the game physical for XB1 because the minimum ordering quantity are way too high for the market we have, and XB1 is the platform where the game sold the least amount of copies making it unlikely to sell them at all.

sirhcman

Quote from: Bock on 09/02/2017, 11:40 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 11:14 AMthanks but I am only interested in physical copies of this game for xbox one
We are unable to release the game physical for XB1 because the minimum ordering quantity are way too high for the market we have, and XB1 is the platform where the game sold the least amount of copies making it unlikely to sell them at all.
Okay well good luck finding your game

TheClash603

Bock - Just curious, was a physical version of the remake ever discussed for Switch?  Do they have the same high number of minimum orders?  I would've loved to have seen one.

Regarding the game you are looking for, it seems like you are not a collectard and genuinely don't know about the price it goes for now. I picked mine up almost a decade ago and it was already too expensive, now it's just absurd.  Unless you get exceptionally lucky, a cheap price is gonna be tough.

Bock

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/02/2017, 02:26 PMBock - Just curious, was a physical version of the remake ever discussed for Switch?  Do they have the same high number of minimum orders?  I would've loved to have seen one.
We are working on it but it is taking forever and the manufacturing pipeline are full / hard to squeeze in.

Can't talk about quantity/details but our game on Switch sold much much better than XB1 (maybe x20) so physical Switch is an obvious thing to chase, however complex/costly it is

QuoteRegarding the game you are looking for, it seems like you are not a collectard and genuinely don't know about the price it goes for now. I picked mine up almost a decade ago and it was already too expensive, now it's just absurd.  Unless you get exceptionally lucky, a cheap price is gonna be tough.
Argh :(
Do you know how much it typically fetches when auctionned? (vs arbitrary Buy It Now price)

seieienbu

Dynastic Hero is so rare that it almost doesn't ever show up.  Most ebay auctions, it seems like, aren't about actually selling the game but more for throwing the game out there with a ridiculously high price that it would most likely never sell for.  If it sells?  Great.  If it doesn't?  Oh well..  I honestly cannot recall what the last real auction sold for. 

With all that said?  Around 3 years ago a copy for BIN $150 showed up on ebay.  The seller price matched for a listing that was literally for just the manual.  The lucky buyer made a thread on here about how he was going for it and hopefully wasn't scammed and sure enough, he got a real copy. 

Some good news though?  You can buy the Japanese version for between $20 and $30 and there is no region protection on Turbo CD/PC Engine CD games so you can play it wherever.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/02/2017, 03:28 PMDynastic Hero is so rare that it almost doesn't ever show up.  Most ebay auctions, it seems like, aren't about actually selling the game but more for throwing the game out there with a ridiculously high price that it would most likely never sell for.  If it sells?  Great.  If it doesn't?  Oh well..  I honestly cannot recall what the last real auction sold for. 

With all that said?  Around 3 years ago a copy for BIN $150 showed up on ebay.  The seller price matched for a listing that was literally for just the manual.  The lucky buyer made a thread on here about how he was going for it and hopefully wasn't scammed and sure enough, he got a real copy. 

Some good news though?  You can buy the Japanese version for between $20 and $30 and there is no region protection on Turbo CD/PC Engine CD games so you can play it wherever.
There is gaijin protection though, although you can get past it with trial and error if you can't recognize anything or don't have a guide.

You could also play through on a cdr copy before deciding what the game is worth to you.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ToyMachine78

Does Bock work for LRG or something? Just curious.

Bock

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 05:20 PMDoes Bock work for LRG or something? Just curious.
No - I run smspower.org and I am the developer of the Dragon's Trap remake.

CrackTiger

Ever since it was released, Dynastic Hero has been one of the two legitimately rarest Turbo games that used to only show up for sale online maybe once a year. Meanwhile, Magical Chase was always available regularly.

It's one of those collectibles that you're lucky to have a chance to buy, which is unfortunately why the price and supply is now controlled by flippers

esteban

The status of Dynastic Hero NA is old news, but it's still depressing.

:(
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Johnpv

Quote from: Bock on 09/02/2017, 05:31 PMNo - I run smspower.org and I am the developer of the Dragon's Trap remake.
Just wanted to say I loved The Dragon's Trap remake.  Played through it on Switch and loved every minute of it.  Amazing remake!

NecroPhile

Sadly, it seems unlikely that you'll find one for under $1000 any time soon.  There's always a slim chance of snagging one with a cheap BIN or discounted as part of a big lot that you could re-sell, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Like seieienbu said, though, at least the PCE version is cheap and plentiful.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/05/2017, 10:10 AMSadly, it seems unlikely that you'll find one for under $1000 any time soon.  There's always a slim chance of snagging one with a cheap BIN or discounted as part of a big lot that you could re-sell, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Like seieienbu said, though, at least the PCE version is cheap and plentiful.
Yeah, it's a shame there are no more of the (practically) free boots left either.  That was actually a really good way to get to play the US version on a pressed disc at a minimal cost, even the JP version has been inflating a bit due to the halo effect around the US version. 

TR0N

Quote from: Bock on 09/02/2017, 05:31 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 05:20 PMDoes Bock work for LRG or something? Just curious.
No - I run smspower.org and I am the developer of the Dragon's Trap remake.
Nice man,i really enjoyed the remake for dragons traps.Still the u.s version of dynastic hero is hard to come by as of late beside it costing a fortune now.Beside,others have suggested is the japanese version it is far more common and cheaper to.If you want a original copy that is the way to go.Though unless you know the language it means guess work or using a walk through.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Flare65

I have a loose copy of the US version, but the previous owner used Goo Gone on the back of it. Took all the text off the back of it so now it's just white  on the  back.  Front is OK though.  No clue what it's worth now.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Flare65 on 09/09/2017, 03:23 PMI have a loose copy of the US version, but the previous owner used Goo Gone on the back of it. Took all the text off the back of it so now it's just white  on the  back.  Front is OK though.  No clue what it's worth now.
Confused. Loose copy, but the disc art on the label side has been wiped off with goo gone? Pic?
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: crazydean on 09/09/2017, 07:31 PMhttps://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22626.0;topicseen
Hope you got it Bock, if anyone deserves a good deal on something related to Wonder Boy it'd be him for his devotion to the series.

Bock

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2017, 10:21 PM
Quote from: crazydean on 09/09/2017, 07:31 PMhttps://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22626.0;topicseen
Hope you got it Bock, if anyone deserves a good deal on something related to Wonder Boy it'd be him for his devotion to the series.
Black Tiger kindly contacted me ahead of the sale, unfortunately I declined it because I don't have the budget at the moment to buy a 1K$ game :)

NoSexGex

Quote from: Bock on 09/11/2017, 04:45 AMBlack Tiger kindly contacted me ahead of the sale, unfortunately I declined it because I don't have the budget at the moment to buy a 1K$ game :)
I'm kind of surprised you passed honestly.. It's ok if u don't have the $$ (like myself), but you made a sales thread looking for it lol. Like what kind of deal are you looking for?
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Bock

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2017, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Bock on 09/11/2017, 04:45 AMBlack Tiger kindly contacted me ahead of the sale, unfortunately I declined it because I don't have the budget at the moment to buy a 1K$ game :)
I'm kind of surprised you passed honestly.. It's ok if u don't have the $$ (like myself), but you made a sales thread looking for it lol. Like what kind of deal are you looking for?
At the time I created the thread I had no idea the game was going for $1000, i sort of naively thought I could buy it from someone for like a third of that.

I don't really know at this point how much I'd pay for it. I guess I'll wait for a next time! Happy that another site member managed to get it :)

NoSexGex

It's wild, even a fake copy auctioned on eBay ended at 1.2K by Sonikthehedgehog. So it makes me cringe what a legitimate auction would end at, assuming the majority of everyone interested knew it was fake.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

NecroPhile

Quote from: NoSexGex on 09/12/2017, 02:09 PMIt's wild, even a fake copy auctioned on eBay ended at 1.2K by Sonikthehedgehog. So it makes me cringe what a legitimate auction would end at, assuming the majority of everyone interested knew it was fake.
$1200 for a fake?!?  Was it a CDR, a Tobias boot, or is someone (Tobias or whoever) making legitimate looking pressed copies?

NoSexGex

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/12/2017, 03:22 PM
Quote from: NoSexGex on 09/12/2017, 02:09 PMIt's wild, even a fake copy auctioned on eBay ended at 1.2K by Sonikthehedgehog. So it makes me cringe what a legitimate auction would end at, assuming the majority of everyone interested knew it was fake.
$1200 for a fake?!?  Was it a CDR, a Tobias boot, or is someone (Tobias or whoever) making legitimate looking pressed copies?
right???
Sonik posted a thread here looking for help with authenticity after he won it. The og eBay link is in there with pictures, was claimed to be factory sealed. But it was clearly a reseal, so who knows what was inside. I believe he just sent it back and got a refund.

Ended at 1.31K** not 1.2K  #-o my badd, but even further reinforces my point

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22495.msg501281#msg501281

NecroPhile

Oh, I remember that.  I'm sure it was a reseal but I'm not sold that it was a fake inside, and I doubt all the bidders (definitely not sonik) knew it was fake on any level.

sonikthehedgehog

Yeah, I returned it and got a refund. The seller did sell some other legitimate items and he was claiming it was real. I honestly just think he didn't know it was fake and he couldn't have been nicer about it.

I didn't check the pictures as well as I should've but I didn't think it was fake until I had it in my hand. I wouldn't say I'm a novice collector that can't spot a fake but until its in your hand sometimes it's just hard to tell.

I do regret that I didn't post my own WTB thread but I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. Unfortunately by not doing that I missed out but it happens.

The one with the cut out points just sold for 1200. I would've been more than happy to pay 800-1000. I don't think I'll find it for that cheap unless I get lucky.

NoSexGex

Quote from: sonikthehedgehog on 09/19/2017, 11:11 AMThe one with the cut out points just sold for 1200. I would've been more than happy to pay 800-1000. I don't think I'll find it for that cheap unless I get lucky.
Oh? Where was this, an eBay special?

NecroPhile

NoSexGex

Ahhhh ic now what he means by cut out. It gives the game character! I like it

Mzo

The US release of this game is the only one I'm missing from my Wonder Boy library. I do have the Japanese one and the Tobias bootleg so at least I'm able to play it. It just sucks that a real copy is so hard to find.

I've been into games long enough that I just can't bring myself to spend a lot on them. These prices usually aren't based on anything more than what the last asshole paid for them and, since no official body is keeping track, it's all skewed and often incorrect eBay/Amazon data.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to justify spending over 1k on a single game. I guess it wasn't too long ago that I broke my over $100 rule, but 10x that amount seems way too far to go.

I've made my peace that I'll never own every game ever made and already own more than I can play in a lifetime. If I can't get a deal on it, I don't want it. :)
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery