RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Finally Part of the Club

Started by tbsjordan, 11/20/2012, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbsjordan

After wanting a PC Engine for a couple years, I can finally say I am the proud owner of a PC Engine Duo-R! A good friend (and fellow forum member-I believe) is getting out of collecting and sold me his complete collection. It feels like Christmas came a little bit early this year. Here's some pics~~~

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Opethian on 11/20/2012, 05:09 PMBlodia fuck yea!!!
Fixed that for ya.

<< insert esteban's Play Blodia pic here >>
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Aggie Tsubi

Nice, that's an awesome collection you got there. :) That all is sure to keep you busy for a long, LONG time.

Nando

Damn dude, congrats, that's a nice haul that will keep you busy for quite awhile. Overall great collection of games. Enjoy them!

csgx1

Very nice set with some great titles! 

tbsjordan

Thanks so much, everyone. I'm really looking forward to trying these all out. All these will capture my attention for a long time to come I'm sure, but I can't help from already thinking of other titles I want to get haha

CPTRAVE

Thats is a really great collection.

PunkCryborg

Wow awesome collection from your friend! Hopefully he hooked you up. You definitely got some sweet games in there like Hanatakadaka!, Jackie Chan, Kyukyoku Tiger, Ninja Spirit(japanese one is harder to get the the US version so nice score there), Parodius Da and the Ys games. In fact most of those games are awesome!

ccovell

A great collection!  Unfortunately, you won't be able to play Art of Fighting until you get an Arcade Card Duo...

One other odd thing I noticed, Eternal City's cover art has it spelled "ETRNAL CITY".  :D

PunkCryborg

Quote from: ccovell on 11/20/2012, 08:14 PMA great collection!  Unfortunately, you won't be able to play Art of Fighting until you get an Arcade Card Duo...

One other odd thing I noticed, Eternal City's cover art has it spelled "ETRNAL CITY".  :D
yeah but the start up screen is spelled right which is pretty weird! That game is pretty cool once you learn how to play it

PCEngineHell

Thats a really nice collection you have there, but we have a new club now. After much deliberation we decided to raise the bar. Unless you have a region modded system with either RGB or S-video out, you're not part of the club.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

tbsjordan

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/20/2012, 08:21 PMThats a really nice collection you have there, but we have a new club now. After much deliberation we decided to raise the bar. Unless you have a region modded system with either RGB or S-video out, you're not part of the club.
Haha, well one step at a time I suppose.

Quote from: ccovell on 11/20/2012, 08:14 PMA great collection!  Unfortunately, you won't be able to play Art of Fighting until you get an Arcade Card Duo...

Yea, an Arcade Card Duo will be one of my next purchases, I really wanna try on that version of Art of Fighting, plus all the other games that support it.

Thanks for the welcomes again everyone. Also another thing I have to say- even though many of the cover artworks I've saw online, it just looks so awesome in person, it's too bad the TG-16 had such generic artwork, because these are some of the best I've ever laid eyes upon. Makes the anticipation of playing the game even stronger.

TheClash603

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/20/2012, 08:21 PMThats a really nice collection you have there, but we have a new club now. After much deliberation we decided to raise the bar. Unless you have a region modded system with either RGB or S-video out, you're not part of the club.
Derp, I have been on here for years and I still haven't made "The Club."

TR0N

I thought being in the club is having a sony pvm monitor  :roll: :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Edmond Dantes

Whoa, your collection makes me jealous.  So many Turbo games... I only have, like, nine or so.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: TR0N on 11/20/2012, 11:35 PM
I thought being in the club is having a sony pvm monitor  :roll: :wink:
No silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:

PunkCryborg

[quote
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/21/2012, 12:08 AMNo silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:
hey dont throw us all into the same catagory......
I got mine from an endoscopy clinic :ahem:

Nando

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/21/2012, 08:36 AM[quote
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/21/2012, 12:08 AMNo silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:
HAHAHAHAHAH

bartre

nice lot.
now you need to make time to play em :lol:

ps, how's hellfire S? been meaning to try that one for a while.

Bardoly

Nice!

I would recommend that you go ahead and PLAY the games, while making a list of what else you'd like to get and then just keep your eyes open for good deals on what you want rather than just going out and buying up a lot more games right away.

esteban

Welcome to the Klub, comrade.

The highlights of your collection: Blodia, Spin Pair, Populous.

Do not forsake these games. Nurture them.

Quote from: tbsjordan on 11/20/2012, 08:54 PMThanks for the welcomes again everyone. Also another thing I have to say- even though many of the cover artworks I've saw online, it just looks so awesome in person, it's too bad the TG-16 had such generic artwork, because these are some of the best I've ever laid eyes upon. Makes the anticipation of playing the game even stronger.
My friend, TG-16 covers were a bonus (omake, if you will) gifted to all TurboLovers. Sure, some TG-16 are lame, but the same holds true for PCE covers. When you realize that the North American releases only serve to enrich your life (and not detract from it), you will truly have joined the Klub. I have faith in you, comrade. I know that you will see the Truth.

IMG IMG

Sterile CGI vs. Trippy-fantastic-psychedelia (PCE cover simply can't compare to TG-16)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

welcome to the club indeed!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TR0N

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/21/2012, 08:36 AM[quote
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/21/2012, 12:08 AMNo silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:
:lol: :lol: Now that is just anal !!
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Teknoman

Early Christmas present indeed! Congrats man, cool friend and you've got alot of awesome gaming ahead of you. Hopefully your friend will still join you in some Bomberman matches even though collecting is long gone.
IMG

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

esteban

I was confused and posted here by accident.

So....

Welcome, once again, to the club.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PukeSter

[/quote]
Yea, an Arcade Card Duo will be one of my next purchases, I really wanna try on that version of Art of Fighting, plus all the other games that support it.[/quote]
Fatal Fury Special is absolutely fantastic. It's harder to play the Street Fighter II, but it's amazing crashing down onto opponents as the mighty Kim Kaphwan. Also has kickass arrangements too for all the stages too. :D