OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Best non shooting games for pce

Started by mbannick, 02/01/2013, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbannick

So, I just got a pc-engine for the first time and my library is pretty much all shoot em ups and I'd like to change that. What other games would you guys suggest? Are there any under the radar games in other genres that I should pick up?

Tatsujin

first and important question, do you have huey only restriction or also CD playability?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

mbannick

Well I got an IFU 30 coming in the mail but no drive at the moment. Cd games are something I'm looking into though.

soop

Get Bomberman 93 or 94
Streetfighter II
PC Kid (2 is my favorite)
Volfied
BeBall
Puzznic
Motoroader
Legendary Axe
Gomola Speed

That should give you a good selection.  Most of these are inexpensive.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

geise

Alien Crush and Devil's Crash are great games even if you're not that into pinball. (Hu Card)

Some don't care for them but I love the Valis series.  These are all on CD

For some decent rpg's that are fairly priced even for US versions are Ys Book I & II, Exile 1, Cosmic Fantaasy 2.  Also, all on CD

Others are:
Ninja Spirit
Pc Genjin/Bonk series
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
New Adventure Island
Aoi Blink/Blue Blink
Tons more!

Go here!  www.pcengine.co.uk

CrackTiger

You should get a Turbo Everdrive before trying to buy some of the suggested games.

I believe that these aren't too pricey and are English friendly:

Bikkuriman World
Dungeon Explorer
Adventure Island
Nectaris
SFII'
Bomberman '93
Vigilante
Altered Beast
Be Ball
Aoi Blink
Alien Crash
Populous
Pac Land
Final Lap Twin

Neutopia -like Zelda 1, if you think you can handle that in Japanese.

You should also buy a Tennokoe Bank 2 so you can save games.

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

majors

I'll second Legendary Axe, Crush(s), Ninja Spirit, Dungeon Explorer, PC Genjin(Bonk), Bomberman(s) and Nectaris.

I'll throw in Bloody Wolf and Parasol Stars, good games there. I enjoy Power Golf and Victory Run, but both of those are an acquired taste so I only rec them if you see them going for a couple of bucks.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Nando

Obfuscate

Dungeon Explorer
Cadash
Bomberman 93
Devils Crush
Final Lap Twin

Arkhan Asylum

HuCards:
Makai Prince Dorabocchan
Dragon Egg
Son Son II
Tiger Road
Yokai Dochuki
Jigoku Meguri
Marchen Maze
Legend of Valkyrie
Alice in Wonderdream
Cadash

CD Games
Shadow of the Beast
Shapeshifter
Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest
Valis Series
Ys series
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

Quote from: geise on 02/01/2013, 07:40 AMNinja Spirit
Pc Genjin/Bonk series
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
New Adventure Island
Yes, these.

rcantor77

My favourite non-shotoer games would be...

Bomberman '94
Don Doko Don
Jackie Chan
Kid Dracula
Ninja Spirit
PC Kid (all of them are great)

I can't believe no-one as mentioned the first three already... is there no love for them...?
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

JoshTurboTrollX

Shubibinman 2 or 3.

2 has a few chooties levels, but that just adds to the fun.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keith Courage

CrackTiger

Quote from: rcantor77 on 02/01/2013, 03:15 PMMy favourite non-shotoer games would be...

Bomberman '94
Don Doko Don
Jackie Chan
Kid Dracula
Ninja Spirit
PC Kid (all of them are great)

I can't believe no-one as mentioned the first three already... is there no love for them...?
Bomberman '94 and Jackie Chan were mentioned twice.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Samurai Ghost

The before mentioned

And ...

Monster Pro Wrestling (hey, I like it, OK?!)

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

mbannick

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I already own bomber man and bomber man '93 (is '94 worth it over '93?) as well as splatter house (just loose since its pretty pricey for one in a case).

soop

Quote from: mbannick on 02/02/2013, 04:45 AMThanks for the suggestions guys. I already own bomber man and bomber man '93 (is '94 worth it over '93?) as well as splatter house (just loose since its pretty pricey for one in a case).
Bomberman '94 has kangaroos.

Just realised that my Splatterhouse case is actually a Son Son II case.  Fuck.

TR0N

Mizbak's Adventure also know as liquid kids.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Quote from: mbannick on 02/02/2013, 04:45 AMThanks for the suggestions guys. I already own bomber man and bomber man '93 (is '94 worth it over '93?) as well as splatter house (just loose since its pretty pricey for one in a case).
'94 is not worth over '93, but it sure is worth nontheless.

soop

Tatsujin

Yamazaki

The Shinsetsu Shiawase Usagi series.

and whoever says no, is not a true PC Engine fan!

soop

tbsjordan

Pomping World/ Buster Bros. is a must have

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

soop

Quote from: esteban on 02/04/2013, 11:06 PMSTATUS: Hany on the Road
Seriously?  Maybe I need to play this again, because I'm of the opinion that this game is pretty dumb.  Unique, but dumb.

esteban

Quote from: soop on 02/05/2013, 04:50 AM
Quote from: esteban on 02/04/2013, 11:06 PMSTATUS: Hany on the Road
Seriously?  Maybe I need to play this again, because I'm of the opinion that this game is pretty dumb.  Unique, but dumb.
I don't think I have this game anymore. I haven't played it in a billion years and, sadly, I was just being stupid when I posted it. BUT MAYBE IT'S AWESOME. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

bartre

Fushigi Yume no Arisu / alice in wonderdream

pretty fun little platformer, though it does feel kinda like it belongs more on the SMS.