RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPlay

Picked up a Pachinko controller and a copy of  Hudson Music Collection '93

IMG

syphic

Saw this buy it now on ebay and jumped on it. $115 shipped. Listed as non working. Got here in 2 days. I cleaned up the contacts on the pc engine and greased the gears in the cd rom drive and its working like a champ! Came Cib with manuals, cd rom drive and pc engine system. Great week!

/10151794062926874_.jpg
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Flare65

Quote from: syphic on 06/21/2013, 01:39 AMSaw this buy it now on ebay and jumped on it. $115 shipped. Listed as non working. Got here in 2 days. I cleaned up the contacts on the pc engine and greased the gears in the cd rom drive and its working like a champ! Came Cib with manuals, cd rom drive and pc engine system. Great week!

/1011894_10151794062926874_27490415_n.jpg
I almost pulled the trigger on that.  I think I stared at that auction page for a good five minutes before I passed.  Sounds like you got a deal!

syphic

Yeah the ad said it just showed a blank screen. I remember seeing a similar screen when my huey's had dirty contacts or the huey slot needed cleaning and sure enough that's what it was. Then I opened up the cdrom drive and the gear was stuck. Greases it up and popped in Macross and it fired right on up. There's some yellowing but not too bad. So pumped to get this. Been wanting one for a long time.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

wildfruit

shubibiman

Got Meteor Blaster DX, Implode, a complete copy of Final Zone 2 Turbo CD and a TurboDuo.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

fraggore

Just got my turbo everdrive roll on parasol stars, override and magical chase.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

fraggore

PCEngineHell just hooked me up with Japanese splatter house, legendary axe 2, and neutopia 2 happy days.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Bardoly

These came in a little while back, but I hadn't had the time to post them until now.

d719.jpg
qvx1.jpg

I also got a SuperGrafx with a loosie Galaga '88, but I forgot to take a pic.

esadajr

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/22/2013, 05:04 AMrecently got this: /w96j.jpg
It certainly is way better and enjoyable than the NES version.
Gaming since 1985

SuperPlay

Bardoly

Some PC Engine goodness arrived yesterday!

czta.jpg
v869.jpg
gwzx.jpg
aeh9.jpg

Yamazaki

esadajr

good for you Yamazaki. Now, to beat the high score
Gaming since 1985

Bardoly

Quote from: esadajr on 07/16/2013, 04:41 PMgood for you Yamazaki. Now, to beat the high score
^^This.

Also, Yamazaki, your signature link is down.

Yamazaki

Lol - I could barely finish the game on easy :(

@bardoly: thxn for the hint.

Bardoly

Some more PC Engine goodness acquired recently.

/9m4p.jpg
/si3u.jpg

Also got some TG-16 stuff too!

Yamazaki

From Ebay or do you buy these 100games-in-a-box offers?

Bardoly

Got a couple of 6-button pads and a game!

/46ie.jpg

roflmao

Wow, Bardoly!  You're on a roll!  I don't recognize a lot of the games from your last big haul, but Bomberman '94, Dragon Knight III, and Volfied(v) are all total time-sinks.  :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2013, 11:17 PMWow, Bardoly!  You're on a roll!  I don't recognize a lot of the games from your last big haul, but Bomberman '94, Dragon Knight III, and Volfied(v) are all total time-sinks.  :)
Pics or it didn't happen.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

One more PC Engine game recently.

/h83r.jpg

tbsjordan

Got these in the mail yesterday, seller threw in Jack Nicholas for free, which was awesome

IMG

Anybody got any cases (and manual for Exile) lying around?

MotherGunner

Quote from: Shadow on 04/03/2013, 09:28 AMI got this today :)

IMG

Add pictures in this topic of your newest additions to your PC-Engine Collection :)
I always wondered why they put Donkey Kong on these.  Anyways, any chance I can buy one off of you or have you get me one?  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Nando

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2013, 11:17 PMWow, Bardoly!  You're on a roll!  I don't recognize a lot of the games from your last big haul, but Bomberman '94, Dragon Knight III, and Volfied(v) are all total time-sinks.  :)
my ass would spend days sitting down perusing through all those cases and manuals and then a few years trying to play them all! 

Very nice haul.

Sadler

HUGE haul from Seattle!!!!!

/24drm0o.jpg

Good shot of back. Can use as reference photo, but PM first:

/fa6fdt.jpg

Game and case MINT:

/140kf3c.jpg

Please PM before using images. All images Copyright (C) 2013 Sadler Productions. All rights reserved.

roflmao

Nice!  I'm totally stealing those images.

PunkCryborg

xcrement5x

From that bag, it looks like you were shopping at Pink Gorilla/Godzilla Sadler ;)

That place is pretty sweet!

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2013, 03:05 PMFrom that bag, it looks like you were shopping at Pink Gorilla/Godzilla Sadler ;)

That place is pretty sweet!
Yep! I went to the one in University district I think? I think I actually liked Another Castle better, but it was cool to see PC Engine games in the wild in the US. :) Kinda makes me appreciate Doc's more, to be honest they have more PCE than I saw in Washington and they are only a 30 min drive away! :D

Prices seem to be all over the map for these stores though. Most stores are quick to tell you they give fair market value and it's based on "lots of sources" but god help you if you ask what the sources are. Seriously, not to be a dick, I think Game Force in Boulder and Doc's in Aurora (both of them, particularly if you talk to the right guys) were better. The guys at the stores in CO actually love PCE, the guys in WA seamed confused by it.

monads

Purchased these PC Engine titles tonight:

1. Break In
2. Gradius

Funny thing is...I owned these titles previously!  But since I sold ALL my collection years ago...I'm trying to RE-COLLECT my favorite titles :)

Gillian Seed

Didn't get these tonight, but the last games I remember buying were Magicoal, Ys IV, and L-Dis.

esteban

Quote from: Gillian Seed on 08/04/2013, 02:11 AMDidn't get these tonight, but the last games I remember buying were Magicoal, Ys IV, and L-Dis.
Solid bunch of games.  :pcgs:

Bardoly

Quote from: esteban on 08/04/2013, 06:39 AM
Quote from: Gillian Seed on 08/04/2013, 02:11 AMDidn't get these tonight, but the last games I remember buying were Magicoal, Ys IV, and L-Dis.
Solid bunch of games.  :pcgs:
I absolutely agree.  Have you beaten all three of them yet?

Gillian Seed

Not sure if you were talking to me or not, so I apologize if you meant esteban :P

I've beat L-Dis and have just started playing Ys IV recently. I was originally hoping to play the translation but none of my computers have a write speed lower than 12x :C so I'm stuck with the extremely tedious Youtube method to follow the story. Hoping to save Magicoal for when I find another person to play with (good luck with that @ myself)

bawitback

Won a loose Mr. Heli for 12USD including ship.
Also purchased an Avenue Pad 3 for 15USD.
IMG
|| Use your Special Attack ||

esadajr

Long story short, today I picked up all this Obey

/w1051-h591-no/13+-+1
Gaming since 1985

roflmao

Quote from: esadajr on 08/05/2013, 12:42 AMLong story short, today I picked up all this Obey
What a haul!  Congrats!

Bloufo

Latest additions to my PC Engine collection.
Both systems look good and work fine.

IMG

esadajr

^^^
Redundancy eh. You must work in IT
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 08/07/2013, 04:55 PMLatest additions to my PC Engine collection.
Both systems look good and work fine.

IMG
They must be miniaturized PCE Suitcases, otherwise those tiles are huge  :pcgs:.

Nope, I still see mini-suitcases...

Bloufo

^^
This is true. IMG

As soon as I get a chance I'll be sure to post some of my other recently acquired miniaturized PCE collectibles.

MotherGunner

I had no idea they had miniaturized collectibles.  Cool!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Nando

Quote from: MotherGunner on 08/08/2013, 05:01 PMI had no idea they had miniaturized collectibles.  Cool!
Crazy, I had only ever seen the other consoles and those were really nicely sculpted.

Tatsujin

I own a miniaturized version of drac x special huey :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bloufo

Here's another couple recent miniaturized PCE finds.

To the untrained eye they must look almost like the real thing.

For the full effect I even managed to find a miniaturized SCART lead.  :wink:

IMG

Tatsujin

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 08/08/2013, 09:20 PMHere's another couple recent miniaturized PCE finds.

IMG
GODDAMN!  :pcgs:

Bardoly

Quote from: Bloufo on 08/08/2013, 09:20 PMHere's another couple recent miniaturized PCE finds.

IMG
I wants one!  My SuperGrafx is patiently awaiting a Super CD Rom mate.

My recent PC Engine pickups.

/hw6a.jpg