OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Started by SmaMan, 06/09/2013, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmaMan

Downloaded it last night from the eShop, and it's a whole lot of fun! A lot has changed from the previous installments, but the core mechanic of "just hanging out" has stayed the same... if that's the best way to describe it...

Anyone else got (or plan to get) this game? If so, add me!
My 3DS friend code is 0688-5773-0158
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

SMF

I plan on picking up the hard copy when my wifes AC 3DS XL comes in the mail. Shes a HUGE fan and has beaten everyone starting with gamecube. Very excited for this game definitely.

My friend code is 1676 3690 3915
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SmaMan

Huh, she beat Animal Crossing? I didn't know that was possible, lol!

Anyways, I've added your FC. It'll be awesome to play this game with some OBEYers.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

Digi.k

I should be getting my copy soon.  I want the physical copy !!!

SMF

Quote from: SmaMan on 06/10/2013, 07:00 PMHuh, she beat Animal Crossing? I didn't know that was possible, lol!

Anyways, I've added your FC. It'll be awesome to play this game with some OBEYers.
Yes ifs very beatable. Fill up the museums pay off the loans and everything else. You can only add on to your house so much. She was rewarded with a statue of her in game self.

I will add you later tonight. What other games you play on the 3ds

jlued686

Been playing it for the past couple days and enjoying it...almost to a OCD level. I'll post my friend code in a minute.

Digi.k

/secretsociety1/image-1.jpg

Got mine today with pre order toy

my friend code is:

1263-5612-2847

SmaMan

Still waiting on your FC jlued686, but I do have Digi.k added. Jealous on that pre-order toy, didn't get that here in the states :/

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2013, 09:07 PMBeen playing it for the past couple days and enjoying it...almost to a OCD level. I'll post my friend code in a minute.
I totally know what you mean. I literally haven't been able to put this game down. Pretty much ALL my free time this week (and some not free time) has been spent on this game.   :oops:

Quote from: SMF on 06/10/2013, 07:55 PM
Quote from: SmaMan on 06/10/2013, 07:00 PMHuh, she beat Animal Crossing? I didn't know that was possible, lol!

Yes ifs very beatable. Fill up the museums pay off the loans and everything else. You can only add on to your house so much. She was rewarded with a statue of her in game self.

I will add you later tonight. What other games you play on the 3ds
I suppose you're right, even after that though, the game can still be played further, collecting a new furniture set and the like... eh, I dunno. I've always liked it's focus on not replayability (though it does have a ton of that) but of continuability.

Other 3DS games I play? Hmm, as far as which ones are online-enabled, I have Mario Kart 7, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Sonic Generations, Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball... I may be forgetting a couple.

futureman2000

I am a mayor.  1521-2606-8609.

Digi.k

I'm gonna add you later Futureman and it was cool meeting up with you SMA

IMG

futureman2000

Thanks for the fruit Digi.k! I anticipate a bountiful harvest...

Digi.k

Money tip for those that might need it.. if you unlock the island you can make a lot of money there..

Michael Bay's 'The Island'
IMG

Don't sell the items you catch at the island until you reach your town.
IMG

using your shovel.  in your town bashing rocks can earn you some cash too if you are fast enough!
IMG

special visitors may appear but in a secret way and will give you furniture stuff.
IMG

Some rocks you can also get crystals which can be used to upgrade furniture earning you higher points.
IMG

Digi.k

I think I'm going to hunt these down...

IMG

esteban

My friend code is: 0666-BOOB-LESS

I look forward to cracking corn with y'all....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SmaMan

Oh esteban, you funky ploofter! Hahahah! Hah....

...you serious?

Digi.k

Quote from: esteban on 06/18/2013, 07:03 AMMy friend code is: 0666-BOOB-LESS

I look forward to cracking corn with y'all....
Esteeeeeeee :o

jlued686

So, Digi.K, how do you get your fishing pole to the island? I tried putting it in the basket yesterday, but no dice.

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 06/18/2013, 10:01 AMSo, Digi.K, how do you get your fishing pole to the island? I tried putting it in the basket yesterday, but no dice.
borrow it from lloid.  Whatever you catch from the island or obtain stuff like fruits you have to put it into the box inside the hut and when you travel back to town you take it out of the box next to the boat.  You wont be allowed to take stuff back and forth except the clothes.

IMG

jlued686

Gotcha! Never even talked to him!

Thanks, man. I've got some bells to make!

tsuran

I got it a few days ago, and it is amazing! Hoping to be able to upgrade my main street soon.
Posting is overrated.

Digi.k

It's not pixel perfect but hey I'm happy with the result.

IMG

I'm gonna to create some more designs using famous pc engine game characters starting with these two !!

IMG IMG

Also keep a look out when are are chopping down trees.  If you find a stump that is not the typical 'Bulls-eye' design leave it.  Rare things could grow or appear on it!

IMG IMG

jlued686

Holy shit, those are amazing! Nice work! I'd love that Bonk one.

Here's a pic of me wearing my TurboGrafx-16 shirt, standing in front of my Moonland flag.

IMG

Kinda hard to see...

SMF

Dammit you all suck now instead of chasing bells I'm going to spend my days creating AWESOME TURBOB STUFF.

jlued686

Just realized I forgot to post my friend code. Please add me!
3050-7595-1118

SmaMan

Added you jlued! My FC is on the first page if needed.

Also, props on those PCE designs, digi! Thanks for leaving the Genjin one in my town. Those are pretty boss. I've only designed a couple shirts based on actual shirts I own...
You should definitely post up the QR codes for them if you have that unlocked yet.

Digi.k

Quote from: SmaMan on 06/25/2013, 11:51 AMAdded you jlued! My FC is on the first page if needed.

Also, props on those PCE designs, digi! Thanks for leaving the Genjin one in my town. Those are pretty boss. I've only designed a couple shirts based on actual shirts I own...
You should definitely post up the QR codes for them if you have that unlocked yet.
I'm working on a few more designs..

Anyway my total number of hours so far....

IMG

Digi.k

QR tags
IMG IMG

Some new ones

pc dengin and parasol stars
IMG IMG

checking out with KK slider and finally my first catch out of 3 games..
IMG IMG

Digi.k

Not sure if this is new but I think I found a way to get the 10th villager to stay....

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/04/2013, 12:05 AMNot sure if this is new but I think I found a way to get the 10th villager to stay....
Awesome! I figured out how to have brunch with the 7th Guest...has anyone else figured it out, too?

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

In a tent out in the woods. Alone just the two of us......... >__>  But I'm not into furries..
IMG

Quote from: esteban on 07/05/2013, 06:03 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 07/04/2013, 12:05 AMNot sure if this is new but I think I found a way to get the 10th villager to stay....
Awesome! I figured out how to have brunch with the 7th Guest...has anyone else figured it out, too?
I hate to think WHERE HE got that pigeon milk.....
IMG

uhhh tastes... creamy..
IMG

Starbucks here we come !!  ~You want pigeon milk with that too ?
IMG

SmaMan

Looks like you're progressing rather well! I haven't had any problems getting the 10th villager to stay... were there any?

Digi.k

Quote from: SmaMan on 07/12/2013, 02:30 PMLooks like you're progressing rather well! I haven't had any problems getting the 10th villager to stay... were there any?
Haven't seen you online in a while Sma :o

Regarding the 10th villager, just had to be persistent till the question of staying permanently came up and then it was a matter of playing a mini game.  If I'd lose then the visitor would have taken my shovel away ..... basically my mini game was rock, paper, scissors which thankfully I won!  So now I have have 10 animal residents, myself and a random camper from time to to time

I also obtained 'Perfect Town' rating which I came as a surprise since I was just thinking about how to place the 'public work projects'
IMG

Climbing frame and a rare zelda tree stump :o
IMG

Creating Hybrid flowers:
IMG

They love my coffee.. I put that special something in there....
IMG

dating..
IMG

yes I know I've been away playing ACNL too much...
IMG

Digi.k

some new stuff:

IMG

If you are into Feng Shui (the chinese art of strategically placing stuff) check these notes out:

IMG

IMG

IMG

Also RED items should goto the EAST side of the room.

yup resell them here at Re-Tail flea market.. Someone will buy them used!
IMG

futureman2000

You have a really well developed town there. I've been too busy to do much other than check out people's homes in the... whatever that area is called. I need to put some time in catching bugs to pay off my mortgage!

tbsjordan

I really did not need to see this thread, as I've been trying to convince myself not to get this. I really want to play this, but I don't have time really, and I don't want to buy another system at this point. I've logged so many hours into the GC and DS versions. I definitely plan on buying a 3DS for this in the future when the system goes down in price.

Digi.k

Quote from: tbsjordan on 07/25/2013, 04:59 PMI really did not need to see this thread, as I've been trying to convince myself not to get this. I really want to play this, but I don't have time really, and I don't want to buy another system at this point. I've logged so many hours into the GC and DS versions. I definitely plan on buying a 3DS for this in the future when the system goes down in price.
hmmm might be a good idea for you to stay away.. I got hooked..

IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: futureman2000 on 07/24/2013, 05:20 PMYou have a really well developed town there. I've been too busy to do much other than check out people's homes in the... whatever that area is called. I need to put some time in catching bugs to pay off my mortgage!
someone on my 3DS FC did an amazing job with their town paths.  He really loves his 8-bit nintendo stuff.

IMG IMG
IMG

and I swear I wonder if this game should get a teen rating, sometimes when the conversation just catches you unexpectedly I think "Nintendo wtf" !!

Yea I'm going to send letters to all the other villagers about you !!
IMG

what do you do to yourself Pete ?
IMG

and this conversation arc...
IMG

SmaMan

Ah yes, I haven't been online in a while, either on this forum or this game. Been busy with things... and I just got Shin Megami Tensei IV, a game that is just addicting enough to kick my AC:NL addiction... for now anyway.

I need to get back on though. It seems like forever since I started funding the Coffee Shop and my next house expansion.