OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Splash Lake Spine Color

Started by tbsjordan, 07/02/2017, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbsjordan

Hey guys, I just got a double of Splash Lake in a lot, and comparing to my other copy I noticed 1 side of the spine is blue instead of the normal green, any reason why? Everything else about the game is the same, and there does not appear to be any sun fade. I do not own a ton of CD Rom 2 games but I've never saw the blue on any before.

IMG

benlefou

IMG
A PC Engine blog.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Comrade NecroPhile is correct, this mystery is explained by the Rising Sun.

(click for larger) STACK ON RIGHT = FADED

IMG

IMG

The stack on the left is for REFERENCE.

PHOTO 1: The STACK on the RIGHT has faded spines.

PHOTO 2: I rotated the STACK on the right 180ยบ to show you how, for most titles, the spine is "green", but, sadly, Valis IV (top) and Death Bringer (bottom) have fading on BOTH spines. Ha!

I just quickly grabbed games that were "representative" of green for the LEFT stack...I tried to get non-faded, consistent green (but it might not be perfect).

NOTE: You would SWEAR that Death Bringer was printed blue, but if you look close in bottom photo, you can see that there is the *slightest* tinge of green that fades from bottom-to-middle. The photo is not ideal (shadows), but when handling item you can see the subtleties.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

tbsjordan

Wow, you all are right. Thanks for going the extra mile with the pictures, it is much appreciated! I would have thought the white would have a yellowish hue, and that's what threw me off. Darn sunfade

Thanks again,
Jordan

esteban

Quote from: tbsjordan on 07/03/2017, 03:34 PMWow, you all are right. Thanks for going the extra mile with the pictures, it is much appreciated! I would have thought the white would have a yellowish hue, and that's what threw me off. Darn sunfade

Thanks again,
Jordan
No problem, it was fun to take the pics because I wanted to do it for years.

It is amazing what I can get done when I have a day off from work and (mostly) ignore the kids.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG