The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

I always loved Gangster Town on sms.  Shooting Gallery is great too.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 02/03/2013, 12:51 PMThe stickers come off quite easily. I like it, never played it before. Can't beat any game for under $3.00
WAIT! You never played StarFox SNES before? I friggin' loved that game. IMG

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/03/2013, 05:06 PM
Quote from: galam on 02/03/2013, 04:36 PM/dragoon.jpg
Shooting gallery is such an awesome game. So underrated.
STATUS: I am currently lost in the maze that is Section Z. Seriously. I remember making maps when I was a kid 25 years ago. I NEED THEM NOW. I feel like Chris Bucci, except I won't find anything.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Nando

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2013, 05:32 PM
Quote from: Nando on 02/02/2013, 07:53 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/01/2013, 11:48 PM
Quote from: Nando on 02/01/2013, 09:03 AMTron is that a SNES to SFC converter?
Yes it is it's made for a pal snes but it works on a sfc as well,letting you play snes games on it.That's why i bought one.
What's the brand?  I plan on buying a SFC in the future,  and want one of those.
FYI, you can play any region game on any console, just by doing physical, not electrical modifications.
From what I understand, one has to jack around with (file down) the slot cart in the SFC, something I don't particularly want to do. Is there another way?

I know that in the SNES, it just takes a pair of needle nose pliers and two tabs off, but I actually want the JP console :D

SuperPlay

Here are some of my recent(ish) pick-ups

A big thank you to Bernie and HardcoreOtaku for the Spine Cards and again to HardcoreOtaku for the PC Engine Fan booklet :-)

IMG

/capture04t.jpg

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Spent my eBay bucks on Astralius, Burai, Burai II, and Cobra II.   The abc's of meh.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2013, 03:26 PMSpent my eBay bucks on Astralius, Burai, Burai II, and Cobra II.   The abc's of meh.  :mrgreen:
HAHAH so quotable!

and nice haul SuperPlay!

no pic on my end but ROLFMAO sent me a copy of this

IMG

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Joe Redifer

Lambor? His name is Sideswipe. SIDESWIIIIPE!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

SMF

I've been spending my time over at Juliens Auction and spending WAY TO MUCH MONEY. Picked up a MJ signed piece also a bass guitar signed by Kip Winger and a Fear Factory guitar signed by the members of the band. Also a Dee Snider signed mic along with some Hollywood memorable. O also was able to come across a Elm Street spare pinball board for cheap WOOHOO!!!
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Nando

nectarsis

geise delivers teh Neo goodness

/DSCN3361_zps57cf4d75.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Bernie

Got this in today. 

/2013-02-07%2016.55.49.jpg   :mrgreen:

tbsjordan

Sorry for bad pic quality...got these in the mail today:

IMG

Pretty tasty, as I've been wanting the CD version of Turf Masters for a long time. Last Hope won't stay sealed for long :)

Tatsujin

Latest Gameside Shooting Books vol. 4 & 5 :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

& some humble trash :)
IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

munchiaz

Nando

Tats!  Yermaking me drool. So want some of those mags!

roflmao

A few recent local finds. :D

/recent-pickups-120207-600x558.jpg

EDIT:  I just wanted to add my 2 cents on a couple of these... :P

I've been on a  Robotech kick lately.  I found the first 5 DVDs of Robotech a few weeks back and have really enjoyed re-watching them.  And I just picked up the old Palladium RPG rulebook for Robotech.  It's chock full of so much awesome artwork.  So when I saw Battlecry, which I've never played before, I figured I'd give it a go.

For some reason I've been feeling the urge to suffer through old PS1 racers lately.  :mrgreen: I think it might have started when some of us were talking about Bleemcast and Gran Turismo.  Anyway, not too long ago I picked up Wipeout 3 for the PS1 and have been having fun playing that.  JetMoto 2 caught my eye as I remember having fun playing *one* of the JetMoto games bitd.  In many ways, the game has not aged well and the controls feel clunky compared to modern racers, but you can tell there's a lot of spit shine on this game.  Lots of nice little graphical touches and the game mostly plays pretty fast.

I picked up GBA Eye of the Beholder on a whim.  Didn't know anything about it.  I've only played it for a handful of minutes to make sure it works, but it reminds me a LOT of Order of the Griffon as far as play mechanics go.  You create a party, wander around in first person mode, and go into a turn based Heroscape/D&D 4E mode for battles.  Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

I've had the GBA Attachment for my Gamecube for practically ever so I've never felt the need to pick up a Super Gameboy.  And I only have 3 GB/GBC games.  But I really like the ones I have and I prefer using a SNES pad to a Gamecube pad.  Really like the interface for this!  I didn't know you could take screenshots!  Wicked cool.

I'm going to go start another thread asking what games playable on the Super Game Boy are worth picking up.

TheClash603

My Gamestop still didn't get Fire Emblem.  They told me it should be in on Friday.  I better not get screwed out of my preorder art book!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2013, 09:30 PMA few recent local finds. :D
/recent-pickups-120207-600x558.jpg
So when I saw Battlecry, which I've never played before, I figured I'd give it a try.
Any good?

roflmao

Quote from: Nando on 02/07/2013, 11:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/07/2013, 09:30 PMSo when I saw Battlecry, which I've never played before, I figured I'd give it a try.
Any good?
Well honestly I haven't tried it yet.  My Gamecube isn't currently hooked up and today I kept going back and forth between which TV to hook it up to.  I know once it's out I'm going to want to revisit a few choice GC and GBA games so I'm torn between hooking it up in my dedicated retro area in the bedroom (27" Tube TV, boom box speakers, gaming chair) or my living room setup (47" LCD, 5.1 setup - big bass, comfy couch).  I'll decide tomorrow and let you know what I think of the game.  I've read/watched mixed reviews, but overall it sounds like there's fun to be had, if only in short bursts.  I'm cool with that.

I really like this guy's videos and he had a pretty favorable view of the game:
so I'm hoping to report back with a favorable report. :)

Nando

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2013, 11:51 PM
Quote from: Nando on 02/07/2013, 11:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/07/2013, 09:30 PMSo when I saw Battlecry, which I've never played before, I figured I'd give it a try.
Any good?
I really like this guy's videos and he had a pretty favorable view of the game:
so I'm hoping to report back with a favorable report. :)
Looking forward to the review.

Since you are in a Macross kick; remember these?
robot2.jpg RobotechN64.jpg

VenomMacbeth

THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Nando

Cyberbots!!!! on my never ending list of games I want to play. Did you like it? I used to play the arcade version. At least I think there was an arcade version I played :D

Mathius

Heh everyone seems to be getting Macross related games.

bob

I have always wanted to try the GB Ninja Gaiden.

Anyway, picked up this small lot at a local auction...

/turbo/tru1.jpg
/turbo/tru2.jpg
/turbo/tru3.jpg
/turbo/tru4.jpg
/turbo/tru5.jpg
/turbo/tru6.jpg

Mathius

Battle of Olympus is a really cool Zelda II clone. I remember renting it bitd and being completely entranced by it. Just be prepared for some stupidly long passwords. It's worth it though.

PunkCryborg

I love Tetris Plus  :D
/20130208101047.jpg
Also got some Famicom games I really wanted off of YJA
/20130208101159.jpg
Majors sent this to me  :)
/20130208101255.jpg

nectarsis

Got rid of some stuff I no longer needed, and nabbed:

/DSCN3362_zps7bf7f19b.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: galam on 02/08/2013, 09:46 AMI have always wanted to try the GB Ninja Gaiden.
It's...alright.  A bit slow as compared to the NES version, but still fun.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PikachuWarrior

Game store:

Chu Chu Rocket (Dreamcast): $6.00
Wild Arms 4 (PS2): $15.00

Didn't have neither, so I was happy to add them to the collection!
IMG

Bardoly

Some PC Engine goodness arrived today from Hong Kong!

HuCard games

1. Cyber Core
  2. Cyber Cross
  3. Genji Tsushin Agedama
  4. Jinmu
  5. Makyo Densetsu (The Legendary Axe)
  6. Mr. Heli
  7. Power Sports
  8. Rastan Saga II
  9. Saint Dragon
10. Shubibinman (Kaiso Chojin Schbibin Man)
11. Shubibinman 2

CD games

12. Cho Aniki
13. Forgotten Worlds
14. Fray CD Xak Gaiden
15. Image Fight II
16. Kaiden 00
17. Kiso Louga
18. Moto Roader MC
19. Popful Mail
20. Super Darius II
21. Terraforming

Very reasonable pricing from a fellow forum member choijimmy!  Thanks man!

I would post up some pictures, but I haven't been able to figure out how to 'hotlink'? the pictures in my Box account directly into the post.  :(

PunkCryborg

My Tetris Plus in action with the artwork in the cab
/20130208222819.jpg

Bernie

Not game related, but still a big passion for me.  Music.

/IMG_20130209_095022_974.jpg

bartre

well, my journey has begun...
now i just need to get that supergun together.
got this one for testing, it was cheap and seemed like a good enough game, "Crime City."

/IMG_0748_zps2a066c2a.jpg

PCEngineHell

Its pretty meh fun wise, but as a tester board it should be fine.

Bernie

Picked this up yesterday.  After buying a second Turbo Duo controller, figured I would pick this up to go with it.

TurboDuoTap.webp

New in box, although the box has a few dings.  No biggie since I dont save boxes anyway.  :mrgreen:

roflmao

Quote from: Nando on 02/07/2013, 11:43 PMSo when I saw Battlecry, which I've never played before, I figured I'd give it a try.
Any good?[/quote]
Ok, so I've played it off an on over the past couple of days and I'm on the fence.  It's not really very good, but the nostalgia factor is pretty high.  It's cool to be able to fly around in the Robotech universe, but the controls are very clunky.  As the jet, it's not too bad, but the Guardian is really challenging to get used to, and when you're in Battloid mode, you only have a machine gun.  The graphics are pretty good.  They have a nifty cel shaded effect, though I don't think it's as nice as the effect found in Wind Waker.  Music from the original show is here, which is neat.  Nice cutscenes.

SamIAm

Got myself a Sony Wega 29 inch CRT (larger than that is hard to find in Japan unless you're OK with widescreen). Damn fine picture. Really makes me want to S-Video or RGB mod my Duo and Supergrafx, but that will be much later, if ever.

IMG

The other TV I was using?

IMG

Hello, new tate monitor. :)

tpivette

Quote from: SamIAm on 02/10/2013, 12:13 PMGot myself a Sony Wega 29 inch CRT (larger than that is hard to find in Japan unless you're OK with widescreen). Damn fine picture. Really makes me want to S-Video or RGB mod my Duo and Supergrafx, but that will be much later, if ever.
Nice score! I've been searching around craigslist for Sony Wega 32 inchers, as I'm beginning to think my Samsung 40" LCD just doesn't cut it for my older consoles.

How does the Duo look on that TV in composite?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

CGQuarterly

Quote from: SamIAm on 02/10/2013, 12:13 PMIMG
What kind of chair is that, and where did you get it?  That looks perfect for my needs....

Chris

SamIAm

Quote from: tpivette on 02/10/2013, 01:22 PM
Quote from: SamIAm on 02/10/2013, 12:13 PMGot myself a Sony Wega 29 inch CRT (larger than that is hard to find in Japan unless you're OK with widescreen). Damn fine picture. Really makes me want to S-Video or RGB mod my Duo and Supergrafx, but that will be much later, if ever.
Nice score! I've been searching around craigslist for Sony Wega 32 inchers, as I'm beginning to think my Samsung 40" LCD just doesn't cut it for my older consoles.

How does the Duo look on that TV in composite?
It definitely looks good, and I'd bet you would be glad to get hold of a CRT. Naturally, the Duo in composite (and the Supergrafx, too) has that quirk where certain color patterns get all funky when they scroll. That's the nature of the composite encoding on this system. If an S-Video mod can reduce or get rid of that, then I think I wouldn't really need any other quality boosts.

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/10/2013, 02:56 PMWhat kind of chair is that, and where did you get it?  That looks perfect for my needs....

Chris
Picked it up used, so I'm afraid I can't say. :(

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: SamIAm on 02/10/2013, 09:55 PMIt definitely looks good, and I'd bet you would be glad to get hold of a CRT. Naturally, the Duo in composite (and the Supergrafx, too) has that quirk where certain color patterns get all funky when they scroll. That's the nature of the composite encoding on this system. If an S-Video mod can reduce or get rid of that, then I think I wouldn't really need any other quality boosts. 
With the S-video mod (thesteve on the forums version), it fixes both the dot crawl and color shimmering. It even gets rid of rainbow effects and shimmering you see even when the screen is sitting still. It also improves resolution and color by a lot. It is definitely worth doing, trust me.

SuperDeadite

Some more undumped X68k stuff.  Now backed up and protected. :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JoshTurboTrollX

Went thrifting Saturday morning and found a PS2- w/memory card, 2 (working) controllers and all hookups in VERY nice shape.  This particular thrift store that I went to had 4 PS2s for sale, 2 of them had generic 3rd party controllers, and none of the others had memory cards.  When I tested out the one I picked up I found a Guitar Hero II disc inside.  =)  I bought a copy of Raiden III years back, but never was able to try it out as I've never had a PS2 that played those finicky blue backed games!!  Well, I was happy to find that this one was able to do it!  All for only $16.  All working, very happy!!

This thrift store has more PS2's and a couple Original Xbox's as well that are listed at $16 each (If I get them on Saturday's (15% off) )  If anyone is interested, I could take a look next weekend. =)

3 blocks of walking later and I found a copy of final Fantasy IX for Psone for $2.50.  All in all, a great day of 'squatch'n' for goodies!!

/img20130210105444.jpg

Went to the local market and found an actual beer that once stood in the court of the Crimson King!!  And it's pretty tasty too!!

/img20130211070426.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esadajr

just a few Sonic comics. Now I just have to drive a couple hundred miles to pick them up :)
Gaming since 1985

Opethian

IMG

Nando

Got this as a surprise gift a few days ago
IMG

I had an original GBA and this one "blows it" out of the water. It's all about that back-lit screen.

Bernie

Yeah Nando, the SP is certainly wayy better than the original.  I loved mine!