@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

WTB Turbografx 16

Started by tbsjordan, 03/16/2011, 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbsjordan

I'm looking to buy a Turbo Grafx-16.

SaturdayMorningRobots

Honestly I think you should go for the Duo R. a LOT of the US games are actually more expensive than the Japanese imports, Also the CD games shouldn't be passed up. Also there were simply a whole lot more games released in Japan. The best of both worlds would be a Duo R with a mod to let you play American Hu cards.

I got one for $150 (Unmodded) not long ago. It has a teeny scratch on the lid but is nice and white. IMO the system is well worth that. I didn't blink to pay $200 for my second Turbo duo a few years back from TZD (before I knew about the capacitors) because It's my favorite system ever. I always regretted selling my original.

As for the TG 16, I never really regretted selling mine (with Turbo Booster) IMO The PC engine is a much more elegant machine.

tbsjordan

You are probably right. If I could find someone that would sell me one for that price I'd jump on it. Maybe I'll be able to find one sometime soon for around that price.

VestCunt

Look for both, take your time, and buy whichever you find a good deal on for now.  A TG16 for U.S. cards + plus a Duo-R is the cheapest way to play all of the games.  You'll want both eventually.
Topic Adjourned.

SaturdayMorningRobots

Quote from: guest on 03/18/2011, 06:27 PMLook for both, take your time, and buy whichever you find a good deal on for now.  A TG16 for U.S. cards + plus a Duo-R is the cheapest way to play all of the games.  You'll want both eventually.
Wouldn't a premodded Duo-R probably be cheaper? Or are TG-16's pretty cheap these days?

tbsjordan

Well I'm not exactly sure how much a modded Duo-R would run, but it looks like it isn't going to be too easy to get a Turbo and a couple games for less than $60-70.

tbsjordan

Still looking for a Turbo. Someone has to have an extra around here!