OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

man, all that looks soo good. I just started a life style change last week. Been trying to eat better and get some exercise, so no candy for me.

bartre

and now i'm thinking about the sugar free haribo gold bear stories........

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mathius on 04/09/2014, 10:49 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/09/2014, 10:45 AMTrade you my sealed Magical Chaise or my Keith Courage Comic for the diabeetus.
IMG
Genius.
IMG

xcrement5x

Lol, it's not that good for me either since I've been on a pretty decent health kick since last October and I'm down about 10-15 lbs.  I will probably just try and eat all the cookies at once, then feel sick and throw up so I don't eat anymore....

Or maybe just bring it in and share with my coworkers.

Nando

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 04/10/2014, 01:44 PMOr maybe just bring it in and share with my coworkers.
Do it, you just might get a kiss on the cheek!

IMG
IMG

bob

Magical Dinosaur Tour arrived today.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Quote from: galam on 04/10/2014, 05:56 PMMagical Dinosaur Tour arrived today.
I wonder what % of members own this game.

Then I wonder why we all suck so much.

bob

I know I know. I put an $11 bid and won at $10.50. I didnt expect to. I assumed somebody would swoop in and get it for $200 at todays rates.

Also,  snagged this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231201806926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

synbiosfan

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 04/10/2014, 08:25 PMI know I know. I put an $11 bid and won at $10.50. I didnt expect to. I assumed somebody would swoop in and get it for $200 at todays rates.

Also,  snagged this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231201806926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Fantastic game!

Gun.Smoke, not MDT. :)

NecroPhile

Thanks to xelement, I got my first LA game yesterday (and something 'extra').

IMG

I'll never be a FEKA agent!  NEVER!!!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

IrishNinja

some awesome books showed up this last week or so, just yesterday i got vol 1 of PC Engine Gamer & was really impressed with the quality - free bookmarks were awesome too! 

IMG
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

An over 10 year search has ended

/1526308_10203303830778551_4332058870058572537_n.jpg

BigusSchmuck

I got Herc's Adventures for the Playstation 1 today only to find out that the back of the case had a huge crack in it! Definitely not your normal wear and tear lol.

technozombie

I just got this, it needs some TLC but i got it at a good price and everything works.
IMG_20140401_192531.jpg

Opethian

Quote from: technozombie on 04/13/2014, 05:00 AMI just got this, it needs some TLC but i got it at a good price and everything works.
wow nice I have that marquee great game
IMG

technozombie

I think I'm going to convert it to a MAME cabinet just for vertical shooters. Although it's not an original cabinet or anything, I'm still going to keep it where I can easily switch it back to a standalone Raiden 2. I also got a free Shinobi. The cabinet is trash and the monitor has some burn-in but the board works and the monitor looks fine when playing the game.

Anyone have opinions on running Turbo games in a MAME cabinet? i.e. Are there arcade equivalents that are better or what games would be good in a stand-up setting?

xcrement5x

While I was unfortunately not able attend MGC like all the cool kids, I did have some pretty decent luck this weekend!

First the relatively run of the mill, mainly PS1 games with a PS2 game as well.  Just stuff I found at thrifts and my local media store.

IMG

Resident Evil: Survivor
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (+ Bonus Disc)
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2
Cool Boarders 2001
San Francisco RUSH
Chessmaster II
Pandemonium
Tenchu 2
Ape Escape 3 [PS2]

All pretty decent stuff, I've especially wanted a copy of Pandemonium for awhile.  Now I just need a Saturn version.

Next, the slightly stranger.  These were both found at the thrift
IMG

Issac Asimov's ROBOTS VCR Mystery Game
Nintendo Gamecube BEAT PAD (DDR)

I don't have  DDR pad for Mario mix so this was an easy buy for a couple of bucks.  The VCR board game just screamed my name so I had to grab it.  Now it'll be time to dig out the ol' VCR!

Finally, the flippin' awesome: Sega Edition :D

IMG

Defcon 5 [SAT]
Herc's Adventure [SAT]
Rise 2: Resurrection  [SAT]
Mega Man 8: Anniversary Edition! [SAT]
Three Dirty Dwarves [SAT]
Arcade's Greatest Hits  [SAT]

Mega Everdrive for Genesis

So, I went by a retro game store in my area I hadn't been to in awhile.  Their selection is a lot better than when they originally opened up, but when I asked about Saturn stuff they brought a big stack of games out.  All these were in there, no cracked cases and while the discs have some scratches they still play great. 

Best of all, their prices were awesome compared to feebay!  I didn't get them all for like $5 each or something, but everything was a price that I was happily willing to pay.  I've been specifically looking for a copy of Mega Man 8 for quite awhile, so to find one in my area made me ecstatic.  I had to work really hard to keep my game face on while checking out.  They even had a loose Winning Post as well but I don't need that game.

Last but not least, the Mega Everdrive from the group buy.  Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I'm stoked to get some time in.  There are lots of pricey titles and homebrew I've always wanted to try out and now I finally can.

bob

Nice gets. I love finding good PS1 games at thrift stores. Its getting harder.

synbiosfan

Quote from: galam on 04/13/2014, 10:24 PMNice gets. I love finding good PS1 games at thrift stores. Its getting harder.
I know I used to buy most of my games locally. Around 2008-9, most places started leaving games unpriced and would check eBay before giving you a price :( They would still offer it at a better price and you could talk them down a bit but...damn.

Tatsujin

finally got my hands on one of these without giving away an arm and a leg too :P

IMG
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

xcrement5x

Quote from: synbiosfan on 04/13/2014, 11:34 PM
Quote from: galam on 04/13/2014, 10:24 PMNice gets. I love finding good PS1 games at thrift stores. Its getting harder.
I know I used to buy most of my games locally. Around 2008-9, most places started leaving games unpriced and would check eBay before giving you a price :( They would still offer it at a better price and you could talk them down a bit but...damn.
I'm lucky that there are a couple places near me that just flat price stuff.  The thrift near me normally has games from $1.99 to $5.99 depending on what number they decide to make up that day, but if you can wait a couple weeks that color goes on sale for 50% off. 

The media store is pretty much flat pricing on retro stuff though: $4 for GB/GBC/GBA, $5 for NES and most PS1, and $8 for SNES and N64; no Sega stuff though :( They're hit or miss on stock, since a lot of collectors check the store, but if you swing by when someone has sold stuff off you can find some nice stuff.

NecroPhile

The PAC of OBEY:

IMG

Thanks, BMW.  It's so sexy!  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Tatsujin

synbiosfan

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2014, 10:01 AMfinally got my hands on one of these without giving away an arm and a leg too :P

IMG
Been wanting an actual copy of Pepsiman for years, every couple of months I play a boot copy on my DC using bleem, what fun! Me should probably like purchase one soonish.
IMG

bartre

My MGC 2014 haul:
zpselnj2gq8.jpg

Highlights are a Laseractive W/ the sega pac and a sharp x68000 compact flash setup, thanks to Beemer, and a Sharp twin famicom with a handful of carts and a couple FDS games.

zpsukwngm7n.jpg

and something of a last minute pick up here, i was helping tear down the musem hall and one of the retro pc guys asked me if i wanted a monitor.
for $10, i couldn't refuse a PVM :)

Last, but certainly not least, there's a little something handmade by the daughter of our very own turbokon (totally awesome, couldn't wait to get it loaded and in use):

zpscsrt373g.jpg

jtucci31

Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2014, 10:39 PMMy MGC 2014 haul:
zpselnj2gq8.jpg

Highlights are a Laseractive W/ the sega pac and a sharp x68000 compact flash setup, thanks to Beemer, and a Sharp twin famicom with a handful of carts and a couple FDS games.

zpsukwngm7n.jpg

and something of a last minute pick up here, i was helping tear down the musem hall and one of the retro pc guys asked me if i wanted a monitor.

Last, but certainly not least, there's a little something handmade by the daughter of our very own turbokon (totally awesome, couldn't wait to get it loaded and in use):

zpscsrt373g.jpg
That Twin Famicom looks great! But i would pay money for a duct tape wallet with the PCE logo on it, that is amazing!

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2014, 11:09 AMThe PAC of OBEY:
One of the best investments I ever made was my N1, great score!

Too bad my LA disc try is now starting to stick again...  those fucking things are unreal how poorly they are made.

bob

Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2014, 10:39 PMMy MGC 2014 haul:
zpselnj2gq8.jpg

zpsukwngm7n.jpg

zpscsrt373g.jpg
Please make Rise of the Dragon one of the first games you play and tell me what you think. I have it and would like to know how others feel about this one.

NightWolve

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/10/2014, 08:08 PM

Guilty as charged... I don't remember how I got it, price must've been dirt cheap and I said what the hell. I had a Turbo Duo and it needed more CDs, so... Used copy of course.

bartre

Well I picked it up on recommendation from Jeff.
His words "better than snatcher"

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2014, 10:09 PMResident Evil: Survivor
OH NOOOOES! Not that one... :( I bought that piece of shit new when it came out. It's like the Capcom internal development game-builder for making real RE games, etc. I wish I hadn't fallen for it.

QuoteResident Evil 3: Nemesis (+ Bonus Disc)
That one you're good. Enjoy.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2014, 11:48 PMWell I picked it up on recommendation from Jeff.
It some ways it actually is better then Snatcher. It's a bit more hands on and a lot less digital comic adventure.

TheClash603

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/15/2014, 12:36 AM
Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2014, 11:48 PMWell I picked it up on recommendation from Jeff.
It some ways it actually is better then Snatcher. It's a bit more hands on and a lot less digital comic adventure.
I picked this game up sealed for $8 recently at a local game shop.  They had about 20 of them, all sealed for the same price.  I still didn't open it, I just bought it because it looked pretty cool and was cheapo.

Now I am going to have to crack that seal and give it a shot!

bob

I had recommended RotD in another thread that was talking about Snatcher/choose your adventure games.
It is good. The opening scene was a bit frustrating for me, but once you get it, there is some fun to be had. Im surprised its so cheap. I picked it up for $4 about a year ago.

Nando

Got this yesterday from InfraMan's raffle! 

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/15/2014, 01:35 AM
I picked this game up sealed for $8 recently at a local game shop.  They had about 20 of them, all sealed for the same price.  I still didn't open it, I just bought it because it looked pretty cool and was cheapo.

I think Rise of the Dragon was reprinted, thus causing there to be a lot of copies to be made so it's still kind of easy to be found.  This really only applies to the jewel case and not the cardboard box version in my experience though.  It's definitely a neat game though, I've actually got a DOS version as well.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/15/2014, 10:14 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/15/2014, 01:35 AM

I think Rise of the Dragon was reprinted, thus causing there to be a lot of copies to be made so it's still kind of easy to be found.  This really only applies to the jewel case and not the cardboard box version in my experience though.  It's definitely a neat game though, I've actually got a DOS version as well.
Yep, there was a cardboard and jewel case version of it. I remember buying it for 4.99 at Toys R Us in the jewel case back in the day.
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/14/2014, 11:47 PM

Guilty as charged... I don't remember how I got it, price must've been dirt cheap and I said what the hell. I had a Turbo Duo and it needed more CDs, so... Used copy of course.
I got my copy in some sort of buy 2 get 1 free deal at TZD back in the day then sold it off with all my goodies in 2008.  (Currently not in game library!)

I actually have fond memories of it as it helped me get an A in science class when I did a project linking technology with science in bringing my Duo to class to show it off.  I basically played it for 20 minutes showing off the animations and let the narrator do the talking.  :)

Quote from: galam on 04/14/2014, 10:57 PMPlease make Rise of the Dragon one of the first games you play and tell me what you think. I have it and would like to know how others feel about this one.
It's such an inexpensive Sega CD title, and super fun!  I love the point n' click games for consoles (Loom, King's Quest) and this one falls in line with the best of them.  Also, I really dug that the main character was voiced by the same guy that was Leonardo in the 80's TMNT series!  I need to give it a good playthrough again.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2014, 10:59 AMGonna have to get back into the swing of scanning crap. ( :
/turboedge_s.jpg
Yay!

I own these but haven't been able to find them for the past few years (I hope I still have them).

Anyway, I'm so grateful that you're scanning them. There are a few (not many) interesting moments in there...I wish more of these newsletters were published during the first few months of TG-16's launch...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2014, 10:01 AMfinally got my hands on one of these without giving away an arm and a leg too :P

IMG
If it wasn't for superdeadite's videos, I wouldn't even know what this game was.

I actually would want to play it. I can't say that about a lot of games.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/15/2014, 11:47 AMAlso, I really dug that the main character was voiced by the same guy that was Leonardo in the 80's TMNT series!  I need to give it a good playthrough again.
Cam Clarke? The guy who went on to voice He-Man in the '02 reboot and such?
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 04/15/2014, 01:28 PMIf it wasn't for superdeadite's videos, I wouldn't even know what this game was.

I actually would want to play it. I can't say that about a lot of games.
hahaha. yeah it is much fun. simple arcade feel gameplay, nice colors, no pop-ups what so ever. and also has that kind of some sega super scaler game atmosphere :)

must say, quite a big effort for an initially advertisement only title :)

synbiosfan

I've sold a few things (for bills and upcoming mod work on my Duo-R) so I treated myself to one of these!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281310330669?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Quotethe cartridge is encased in a regular Vectrex case and has a color Vectrex-style label. There are no switches on the cartridge for selecting games. Instead, games are selected via on-screen menu that allows you to scroll through several banks of titles and select the game you want to play by hitting the fire button.

The way it works is that the first time Vectrex is powered up with this cartridge inserted you are presented with a game slection menu. Using the controller's buttons you select the game you want. From that point that game then stays selected until Vectrex is reset.
Awesome!

NightWolve

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/15/2014, 11:47 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/14/2014, 11:47 PM

I got my copy in some sort of buy 2 get 1 free deal at TZD back in the day then sold it off with all my goodies in 2008.  (Currently not in game library!)

I actually have fond memories of it as it helped me get an A in science class when I did a project linking technology with science in bringing my Duo to class to show it off.  I basically played it for 20 minutes showing off the animations and let the narrator do the talking.  :)
Hey, that is pretty noteworthy! You found a creative use for it to your benefit that few ever found with its intended purpose. ;)

tggodfrey

I finally bought this.  No it wasnt on ebay or on this forum.

/1609774_10201884401854124_422595560854130389_n.jpg
/10261987_10201884401894125_6374627680852709598_n.jpg
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy