Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING

Started by OldRover, 05/26/2013, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2KFreeker

Quote from: OldRover on 10/02/2013, 10:20 PMOK so y'all wanted an update... alrighty then. :lol:

The first four levels are just about complete background-wise; just waiting on some sprites for the stages now. Scoring system is almost fully implemented... just missing one detail to that. I am about to switch from snd.c to Squirrel 3.0 for the sound effects; I think that snd.c may be one of the current bottlenecks, and Squirrel is much more mature anyway. There's a little bit of occasional slowdown when playing 2 player, but it's not nearly as bad as some of those SNES shooters constantly had with only 1 player. :lol:

The game is challenging, but not over-the-top difficult. It can, of course, be customized to be more challenging, but by default, it's not too much of a headache. By default, it is probably about as challenging as Air Zonk's "Spicy" mode.

I may do more gameplay videos at some point, and as soon as we finish populating levels 3 and 4, beta testing will begin.
Excellent news man. I am still drooling over it, especially after the newest screen shot! Looks absolutely amazing!
END OF LINE.

OldRover

This is taking longer than expected but it's still moving forward. Nando has just been swamped with work lately but we're still going. :) The entire game is *technically* playable right now from beginning to end, just some levels have enemy patterns from previous levels. More screenies soon. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

Just a quick update here... yes, we are still working on this, but we have been keeping it a bit quiet as of late. I am going to do a huge update very, very soon so everyone can see where it stands.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Nando

_Paul

Nando

T2KFreeker

END OF LINE.

OldRover

Just a quick heads-up... said big update will be coming on Wednesday, if all goes according to our diabolical plans. I am going to be doing a new "promo video" with a bunch of new stuff that hasn't been seen yet.

OldRover

Here's a preview... Stage 1 has gotten new background work, and the UI has been overhauled.

lucretia-0168.png

TheClash603

OldRover

Another quickie update... work has been moving forward very smoothly over the past few days and the big update is still on-schedule. There's still plenty to do since we decided to greatly improve the quality of the game, but if Nando's calculations are correct, we should be wrapping this up soon.

OldRover

Here's a screenshot of Stage 3. As with every other stage in this game, it features heavy parallax scrolling. Nando is still working on the enemy set for this stage but should be done soon.

lucretia-0170.png

Tatsujin

houly, that last pic looks like houly, that last pic looks like houly, that last pic looks like houly,...
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

touko

wahou , i love this, mainly with animated waterfall (???) ..

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

OldRover

It's taking more time than expected to put together the update but I'm still working on it. :) More than likely tonight.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: OldRover on 12/10/2013, 07:36 PMHere's a screenshot of Stage 3. As with every other stage in this game, it features heavy parallax scrolling. Nando is still working on the enemy set for this stage but should be done soon.
This looks amazing!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

OldRover

Promotional video to tell the big news...

Lucretia: Demon Princess - 鬼姫の呪い - Promotional Video

Beta testing is about to begin. We are now officially accepting applications for closed beta testers. Registration is simple but details are everything!

To apply for a position on the closed beta team, send me a PM with the following information:

-Name you would like to have appear in the credits
-An email address you can be reached at
-Whether or not you have previous experience with closed beta testing (and if so, list your experience)
-Whether or not you have hardware (and if no hardware, whether or not you can work with Mednafen)

We will be selecting eight people for the beta test, and it will run until the game is ready for manufacturing. Each beta tester will receive two free copies of the game, plus the complete set of additional promotional merchandise.

Arjak

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Mathius

CrackTiger

Quote from: touko on 12/11/2013, 03:10 AMwahou , i love this, mainly with animated waterfall (???) ..
Looks like it turned out as intended. :D
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

I can't handle the responsibilities of beta testing, so it looks like a wait until Spring 2014 is for me.  You can still put my name in the credits, it is (()=====D~~~~

Game looks awesome!!  The inclusion of co-op is the best part, there isn't enough co-op shooters on the TG16.  Will there be any balancing or changing of the patterns with 2 players, or is it just additional firepower for the players?

ParanoiaDragon

Lookin' sweet!  I know they're different games, but it also gets me pumped for Jungle Bros. & any visual techniques learned while making Lucretia!
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2013, 09:23 PMLooks like it turned out as intended. :D
Just needed a minor pixel tweak at the top... piece of cake. :)

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/12/2013, 09:55 PMGame looks awesome!!  The inclusion of co-op is the best part, there isn't enough co-op shooters on the TG16.  Will there be any balancing or changing of the patterns with 2 players, or is it just additional firepower for the players?
The levels stay the same, but the difficulty of the bosses is ramped up when there's 2 players. Having 2 players is still an advantage though, mainly for some of the secrets. I'm not going to give too much away (they're secrets after all!), but one of the features of the game is scoring extra points for rapid kills without being hit. So-called "rush attacks" boost your score significantly, and are required to master if you want 100% completion on all the unlockables and achievements. Having 2 players at once increases your chances of pulling it off, as long as neither player is hit; being hit breaks the counter, and kills are never counted during the temporary invincibility time.

Tatsujin

touko

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2013, 09:23 PMLooks like it turned out as intended. :D
LOL, i saw it ..
The artworks are very good, and i love the animated waterfall ..

OldRover

Three out of the eight slots have been filled, so five are still to be decided. I haven't missed anyone's application, no worries. :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: touko on 12/13/2013, 05:09 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 12/12/2013, 09:23 PMLooks like it turned out as intended. :D
LOL, i saw it ..
The artworks are very good, and i love the animated waterfall ..
That video was actually the first time that I saw it in action. It was just theoritical before that. :P

Nod's pitch for that stage was basically "the first area of the jungle/forest stage in Lords of Thunder", with a bit of foreground parallax and a large section with trees and something special which will be a surprise. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

touko

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 12/12/2013, 04:00 PMPromotional video to tell the big news...

Lucretia: Demon Princess - 鬼姫の呪い - Promotional Video

Beta testing is about to begin. We are now officially accepting applications for closed beta testers. Registration is simple but details are everything!

To apply for a position on the closed beta team, send me a PM with the following information:

-Name you would like to have appear in the credits
-An email address you can be reached at
-Whether or not you have previous experience with closed beta testing (and if so, list your experience)
-Whether or not you have hardware (and if no hardware, whether or not you can work with Mednafen)

We will be selecting eight people for the beta test, and it will run until the game is ready for manufacturing. Each beta tester will receive two free copies of the game, plus the complete set of additional promotional merchandise.
Awesome. I just can't shake this weird feeling when I see the blue witch who is so precariously seated on her broom that I worry about her losing her balance and falling to her demise.

I don't know why I am queasy when I see her.

Obviously, I love everything I've seen and read about the game. The scoring system is great (fast kill).

VestCunt

Quote from: The Old Rover on 12/13/2013, 02:37 AMThe levels stay the same, but the difficulty of the bosses is ramped up when there's 2 players. Having 2 players is still an advantage though, mainly for some of the secrets. I'm not going to give too much away (they're secrets after all!), but one of the features of the game is scoring extra points for rapid kills without being hit. So-called "rush attacks" boost your score significantly, and are required to master if you want 100% completion on all the unlockables and achievements.
Whenever Rover makes a game I worry that mad Turrican/Exile2 skills will be required to play it.
Topic Adjourned.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2013, 01:51 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 12/13/2013, 02:37 AMThe levels stay the same, but the difficulty of the bosses is ramped up when there's 2 players. Having 2 players is still an advantage though, mainly for some of the secrets. I'm not going to give too much away (they're secrets after all!), but one of the features of the game is scoring extra points for rapid kills without being hit. So-called "rush attacks" boost your score significantly, and are required to master if you want 100% completion on all the unlockables and achievements.
Whenever Rover makes a game I worry that mad Turrican/Exile2 skills will be required to play it.
Heh, true dat! :D
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2013, 01:51 PMWhenever Rover makes a game I worry that mad Turrican/Exile2 skills will be required to play it.
:lol: Am I really that brutal? :lol:

OldRover

Okay... we have enough applicants to choose a beta test panel, so no new applications will be accepted. Results will not be publicly announced but instead sent via PM to all applicants. The beta test will begin after Xmas.

OldRover

Beta team has been selected. Everyone who applied will be PMed today. If you didn't get selected, don't take it personally. :D

TurboXray

Opethian

IMG

Nando

CrackTiger

Quote from: Nando on 12/26/2013, 04:06 PMMerry Xmas!
IMG
Here is what the final background looks like for that part of the game-

IMG

Happy Boxing Day!

Nando

esteban

Mathius

roflmao

Xak

Happy Boxing Day!!

This means something completely different to me
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando