@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esadajr

Oh yeah this is happening! Keep up the good work!

My name on the credits "No! It says Betty. Betty Symington"
Gaming since 1985

Arkhan Asylum

Not sure if I am really a fan of what started as a PCE game ending up on more non PCE machines than PCE machines really.

But, congrats on the goal, and good luck with everything.

Has Watermelon or The CobbWeb(TM) bothered you guys about anything yet?

I know Rover told Cobbinator to fuck off at least once before.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

elmer

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2016, 02:43 PMNot sure if I am really a fan of what started as a PCE game ending up on more non PCE machines than PCE machines really.
Yeah, where was the stretch-goal for the PC-FX port?  :lol:

Congratulations, guys! Now you've just got to finish the darned thing.  :wink:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: elmer on 10/06/2016, 02:55 PMYeah, where was the stretch-goal for the PC-FX port?  :lol:
Yeah.

Except the target audience would be 6.5 people, so there'd be little point in advertising and asking for all that money for give us a game when we already will end up with basically the same game on PCE, I figure.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TurboXray

I have a PC-FX with a geek-y CD drive (pretty much doesn't work).. so do I contribute as .2 to that total number?

Old Rove and team; congrats!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2016, 02:43 PMHas Watermelon or The CobbWeb(TM) bothered you guys about anything yet?
An ex-WM guy did, but not Brandon.

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2016, 02:43 PMI know Rover told Cobbinator to fuck off at least once before.
And I'll tell him to fuck off again if need be.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NightWolve

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarumaru/henshin-engine-the-game-pc-engine-tg-16-pc-steam/description

Well, in other news...F*CKIN'-A!!! Can NOT believe the outcome...

Base funding, plus 3 stretch goals reached ???

In some sense, only 511 people joined, so we're kind of dying off as PCE fans willing to back projects like this, and from that amount you have to subtract off the Sega fans... It's the generosity that put this over the top, of course! But yeah, another way of looking at it.

Wanted to wait till the KS was over on this one... Sadly, we have a bit of a dysfunctional PCE forum family, to say the least...there was some jealousy, envy, sour grapes, bad blood that came to the surface, etc. but worst of all, somebody registered here who hates this forum/us/whoever, in a despicable act of intimidation, floated a FCC legal threat to Aaron given the 1-2 newsletters that went out to our members...

Part of me, stupid me, thought us PCE fans would stick together, we'd put most differences aside, and could never have predicted something like that happening, but all it takes is one angry, bitter heckler with a grudge against whoever, so that's how it went... Suffice to say, I won't make that mistake again with this place...

I was very hurt that a zen soul such as Aaron was subjected to this, getting caught in the crossfire, feeling responsible, and yeah, he'll *never* use the newsletter system again as a result... But, hey, it did reach a respectable amount of PCE people, it helped somewhat reverse the downward trend after the DreamCast UK site began its attacks/criticisms, so I'm glad it helped in whatever way that it could, even though some friendships/respect will have been lost in the process...

Anyway, I debated whether or not to get that negativity out of the way so soon, still not sure it was wise one way or another, but yeah... I'm still really pissed about it, more than I care to express in this thread publicly...

Rest of today, despite all the unbelievable bullshit to get here, is technically for celebrating! So congrats again guys, now it's just time to get to work with "laser-like focus," deliver a kickass product, move forward, etc.! The butthurt the saboteurs are feeling right now must be considerable, so there's that!!

P. S.

Gonna again avoid the "anomaly" with his PSG-obsession until say manana or so... There's been a little too much drama lately...

OldRover

He who dings the Nanto plays foolishly with the fires of hell.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Gredler

OldRover

Quote from: Gredler on 10/06/2016, 09:08 PMI'm one of the elite 3 $5 backers, yo.
Even the smallest pledges help in the long run. :D

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS EFFORT! :D

NightWolve

Quote from: Nulltard on 10/06/2016, 09:02 PMI wasn't a backer. I waited too long and then got busy and missed the deadline. Glad to see the 35k stretch was made without me!
I think John is just joshing on that one. ;)

sirhcman

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/06/2016, 10:35 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 10/06/2016, 09:02 PMI wasn't a backer. I waited too long and then got busy and missed the deadline. Glad to see the 35k stretch was made without me!
I think John is just joshing on that one. ;)
Pretty sure he is serious, lol

NightWolve

What a bit of a rollercoaster this has kind of been, wow... I do not think I myself would ever wanna even try to run a Kickstarter project... :/

OldRover

Haters gonna hate. Btw, Ross decided to post more garbage on the DCJY FB group, going after Saru for cutting the SNES port possibility out of the equation. I swear this guy is lovesick or something.

Arkhan Asylum

Nice use of the size tags, dumbass.

lol.

also wtfchatroomareyoutalkingabout

Gredler

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/07/2016, 01:29 AMNice use of the size tags, dumbass.

lol.

also wtfchatroomareyoutalkingabout
I have been hounding null to change the DoxPhile chat name to devophile but he is resistant. Considering one game won a gamejam and the other got a 35k kick-start would insinuate that at least a bit of development chat spawns from the filth that passes through that nasty chat room ;) gotta stop posting after drinking, but y'all are enticing to conversate with

OldRover

Meh.

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/06/2016, 08:30 PMIn some sense, only 511 people joined, so we're kind of dying off as PCE fans willing to back projects like this...
I wouldn't say that.  Based on sales of other homebrew games, few of which have sold 500+ after being available for sale for years, the support has never been all that great.  It's a pretty small niche, and factoring in people's unwillingness to pre-order and/or give money to kickstarter and methinks Yuki did really well.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

spenoza

Create first, worry about audience later. If you're making time to do what you love, at the very least you'll end up loving some of what you do.

OldRover

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

(sorry, had to) :lol:

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gredler

blueraven

Quote from: Nulltard on 10/06/2016, 11:14 PMWell, like many of us, I've seen this dream of saru's from the start (at least the start in chat) to the point it started becoming reality and rover got involved. I met Saru at MGC (thanks again for the booze run!) and while I haven't met rover, I know his generosity and character. I fucking know beyond doubt that both of their intentions are true and their commitment to this project is beyond scrutiny[size=78%].[/size]

When some fucker comes along and tries to shit on that party? Yeah... Fuck them.
Yes to all of this. I can confirm exactly what Nulltard is saying. I also started speaking to Saru when he first joined, and started talking to him about comics when he first joined. He gave me tips on what tablet to buy if I wanted to go digital and actually sent me a video review he had done to show me exactly what I would be getting into. Not only can I vouch for his character, but I remember when he started on the Henshin Engine digital comic last year. So if that makes me a hipster, then fine.

And how the fuck do you have more posts than me null? lol.

Been spamming that website of yours, I guess. If you send me one more email about it, I will report you to the mods and write to the admin at DoxPhile

spenoza

Congrats, team, in a decisive Kickstarter victory. Now comes the hard part, delivering the finished game  ; )

OldRover

Woot.

OldRover

The scene is unfinished but here's a work-in-progress.

14479812_10209752381113562_1128825066745561325_lost.jpg
14581576_10209752589638775_5078238176486567824_lost.jpg

Arches added.

esteban

FUCKING GORGEOUS. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BONUS LEVELS THAT REUSE ALL THESE ASSETS. FUCK ME, I AM IN LOVE.

OldRover

Meanwhile, in the hallway...

14591793_10209752915686926_4447077710043729793_lost.jpg

seieienbu

Seriously, this looks like the best Castlevania game that never was.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/08/2016, 02:36 PMSeriously, this looks like the best Castlevania game that never was.
But *WHERE* are the MODE7 chandeliers?!?!?!?

:)

DISCLAIMER: I actually like the SNES/SFC installments, so don't harass me. :)

technozombie

Quote from: esteban on 10/08/2016, 03:03 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 10/08/2016, 02:36 PMSeriously, this looks like the best Castlevania game that never was.

I played through Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania for the first time last year. As someone who looks back at each game without nostalgia glasses, Rondo of Blood is the superior game.

Back on topic: Going around showing a playable demo is a hell of a lot better than how most kickstarters....ummmm.....kick off. They had a working game BEFORE they started asking for money.

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 10/08/2016, 03:03 PM

Rover brings a bucket of awesome to the thread, and you ask about chandeliers?

In the middle of all of this you want him to decorate the MF?

I suppose that you want candles and shit too. And a pony.

Yeah those chandeliers in Castlevania were pretty dope.

OldRover

Quote from: technozombie on 10/08/2016, 04:07 PMBack on topic: Going around showing a playable demo is a hell of a lot better than how most kickstarters....ummmm.....kick off. They had a working game BEFORE they started asking for money.
...and yet we still have idiot motherfuckers saying that our game is a scam and doesn't exist. Figure that one out. This would have to be the most elaborate scam ever devised... which wouldn't be possible in the first place if I'm as inept as the haters claim I am.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 10/08/2016, 04:32 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 10/08/2016, 04:07 PMBack on topic: Going around showing a playable demo is a hell of a lot better than how most kickstarters....ummmm.....kick off. They had a working game BEFORE they started asking for money.
...and yet we still have idiot motherfuckers saying that our game is a scam and doesn't exist. Figure that one out. This would have to be the most elaborate scam ever devised... which wouldn't be possible in the first place if I'm as inept as the haters claim I am.
I hear your frustration.

INSANITY.

On a more positive note, I heard that this stage of Henshin Engine will feature  *skeletons riding motorcycles* as an *homage to Castlevania 64*

Now *that* was the peek of Castevania, IMHO.  64Xthe awesome. 64Xmotorcycleskeletons.

OldRover

I finished the outside part of the castle... this was more work than I anticipated but since I am so dedicated to the art of scamming coding, it's all done.

/14572223_10209755272305840_5852061493604401388_lost.jpg

OldRover

And just so people don't think I'm trying to show off mockups as actual ingame screencaps, here's a video that proves that we're working hard.

esteban

That video was awesome! I love the bats, the chain on the drawbridge, and Yuki's squat-punch.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 10/08/2016, 01:25 PMNote that my scummy, incompetent ass, who cannot even make a master CD without assistance (nevermind the fact that the only thing I actually needed were CDRs that didn't have holes in them... my technique was correct the whole time), still has to add the arches, the bats, and the drawbridge chains... new shots soon.
Rover, I am only going to say this one time:

Stop parading through the development process of this game, drawing attention to things said negatively about you in nearly every post you make.   

You do not need to constantly bring up all the heckler/skeptic speech that you've attracted.  In just two pages of this thread, you've already overdone it. It's giving people a reason to say more.  You don't need to play the self-defeatist pity card to the PCEFX forum.  Everyone here knows you have good intentions with getting this game done.

Now, on the topic of that CD assistance thing: 

Your technique might have been "correct" when building and generating the stuff for MSR in terms of producing a bin/cue or iso/cue, but, you definitely had audio track issues and other alignment issues that needed to be sorted out. 

We *definitely* had to assist you, and you came to us for the help.  You even said you didn't know what was up.  We didn't either, and had to dig in to sort it out.  It was interesting, and a good learning experience for everyone involved. 

Please do not lie and act as if none of that actually happened, because it did.  You had some issues, we gladly helped you sort them all out and get your game pressed, and that's that.

Also, please don't insult people's intelligence with such made up excuses so far after the fact.  It wasn't "holes in your CDRs".  If the CDRs had physical integrity issues, they would not even try to go as far along as you got before data errors popped up.

Want to know how I know this?

I eat alot of chips.  OldMan was chain smoking at the time.  They have a cat.  I excitedly launched a CD into a case at his house without really being careful, at like 4AM.   It got a little scuff probably from my chipfingers, some cat hair that ended up on the tray, or a little cigarette ash. 

They refused to even TRY to use this CD, as it didn't pass their FIRST wave of checks.   Had your CDRs "just had holes in them", you would have been stopped at that point as well.   One slight imperfection in the physical checking process will make them not even waste time proceeding.  Spotting a hole is one of the easiest things to do.  Even a small pinhole. 

You know this.  I know this. 

This is why when you pressed MSR, I said to be super careful when sending a disc.  I already went through them saying "this disc is physically unfit.  send a better one.".

This is really not cool.

I imagine that the reason some people still bring it up as a flame point is because you sort of arrogantly talked about how stupid the pressing house was, and how you knew better.

...and yet, the entire time, you did in fact have some data issues, and now here you are deflecting and even making up absurd excuses for why you had issues.

Back then, I even *asked* you why you were being so arrogant about it, while asking us for help.   Your reply on IRC was "because I can.".

The people are not flaming you because you needed help.   Nobody actually cares if someone needs assistance.

It's because of how you went about it, and how you now are sort of downplaying it and acting like you were all set.   Just admit you had some pressing issues and needed some help.   That's going to do more to shut up the hecklers than drawing attention to their words while effectively throwing us under the bus.  It makes their attempts to make fun of you no longer valid via accepting the actual truth of what happened, instead of giving them more things to laugh at when you come up with such goony ass excuses for what was wrong.

I personally don't appreciate that shit.   Don't make people regret helping you.

We helped because making the PC Engine dev scene kick back into overdrive was one of Aetherbyte's goals.

Don't put a sour taste in people's mouths.

OldRover

I was pretty irritated. I'm pretty much over it now. Ranting is how I deal with shit sometimes. You do plenty of ranting too, so... yeah. :P

The past is the past. I'm fine with letting sleeping dogs lie.

EDIT: I deleted my comment. Yeah, I was pissed. I apologize.

Sarumaru

sirhcman

Arkhan Asylum

Why would you being pissed at other people cause you to completely lie about something like that, and go as far as making up a terrible excuse instead of stating what really happened?

Color me pissed.

When I rant, I don't lie.   Don't conflate your heckler dodging, and me laying into people that do stupid things.

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2016, 11:25 PMWhy would you being pissed at other people cause you to completely lie about something like that, and go as far as making up a terrible excuse instead of stating what really happened?
Despite the fact that what I said wasn't a complete lie, nor was it a "terrible excuse", I'm willing to just drop this and move along. I never denied the fact that I reached out for help.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 10/08/2016, 11:34 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/08/2016, 11:25 PMWhy would you being pissed at other people cause you to completely lie about something like that, and go as far as making up a terrible excuse instead of stating what really happened?
Despite the fact that what I said wasn't a complete lie, nor was it a "terrible excuse", I'm willing to just drop this and move along. I never denied the fact that I reached out for help.
You said you didn't screw up, and blamed it on bad CDRs.   That's ... pretty false, and pretty insulting to the amount of time and effort we, especially OldMan, put into helping you get your stuff working so everyone could finally get their game.   

You need to take a step back and cut the bullshit.  This is *precisely* why you have this squadron of people always at the ready to start firing shots at you.   You practically hand people ammo when you do this.

"holes in the CDRs" is nonsense.  It doesn't even add up with what actually happened at pressing time when you had issues.  Don't insult everyone, including the group of people who helped you out.

Sarumaru

OldRover

Nah, too busy sorting tiles to make the new maps. :D

esteban

Peace, Love and Harmony 

IMG

Sarumaru

elmer

Quote from: esteban on 10/09/2016, 12:03 AMPeace, Love and Harmony
Everyone just needs to calm down and to realize the truth ... there is no PC Engine!  :wink:

blueraven