@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PCE HuCards and CD games for sale / auction

Started by Koa Zo, 12/27/2017, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koa Zo

Hi everyone,
Come watch me get slaughtered with $1.99 HuCard auctions.

I also have a bunch of stuff listed as Buy-it-Now.
Anything you're interested in PM or post here and we can work out a direct sale discount.

Edit:
Oh yeah, for international shipping you may want to contact me for a quote and invoice, I think the eBay Global Shipping uses Priority which is like $30+ to most countries.
Here are actual shipping rates to most European countries:
Priority Mail flat rate box (can hold 1-3 games) = $33.50
First Class mail in a protective box (1-3 games) = $23.00
First class mail in a bubble envelope (1 game) = $14.00

USA domestic shipping is typically:
$4.50 first game, $6.50 for 2 games, then +$1 for each additional game

LowRes

Interrested in Kaze Kiri, sending PM...
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

exodus

good price on that coryoon too, if I could afford it (sent a PM about the ultrabox/hyper catalog games btw)

EmperorIng

Can vouch for Koa as a longtime member of shmups.com.  :wink:

Submitted my bid for Black Hole Assault... affectionately renamed "Ass Hole Assault" per one youtube comment. It looks that way, but I will take the chance!

Hoping somebody gets lucky with that Blood Gear and doesn't get too reamed with bid-wars. What a fine game that is.

exodus

Blood Gear is so cool! It's weird that it's not so well known, though I guess that's starting to change.

Koa Zo

Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/27/2017, 08:18 PMCan vouch for Koa as a longtime member of shmups.com.  :wink:

Submitted my bid for Black Hole Assault... affectionately renamed "Ass Hole Assault" per one youtube comment. It looks that way, but I will take the chance!

Hoping somebody gets lucky with that Blood Gear and doesn't get too reamed with bid-wars. What a fine game that is.
Thank you. Though I might be just as much a longtime member here too. I signed up at both forums around the same time, but then for years my Duo-R was dead and I never visited. In recent years I've gotten back into PCE; new gear and expanded my collection. I enjoy reading this forum but never post because I don't have anything useful to add.

Black Hole Assault is campy good fun. I genuinely like the cinematics, storyline, and voice work. Straight-up it's the best English voice work I can think of from that era - not that it's great, it's just not bad.

Quote from: exodus on 12/27/2017, 08:21 PMBlood Gear is so cool! It's weird that it's not so well known, though I guess that's starting to change.
I would love to play a translation. I'm sure the Japanese text is why Blood Gear isn't more well regarded. I also always wished the mech had a bit more agility and corresponding increase in intensity of enemies - it doesn't have the action of say Assault Suits Valken, or even Devastator. The graphics (I love the relatively bright color use), the SFX, and BGM are all really enjoyable and topnotch. It is a stellar game every action mech sidescroller fan should play. But how rad would it be if we could do it in English!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Koa Zo on 12/27/2017, 11:41 PM
Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/27/2017, 08:18 PMCan vouch for Koa as a longtime member of shmups.com.  :wink:

Thank you. Though I might be just as much a longtime member here too. I signed up at both forums around the same time, but then for years my Duo-R was dead and I never visited. In recent years I've gotten back into PCE; new gear and expanded my collection. I enjoy reading this forum but never post because I don't have anything useful to add.

Black Hole Assault is campy good fun. I genuinely like the cinematics, storyline, and voice work. Straight-up it's the best English voice work I can think of from that era - not that it's great, it's just not bad.

Quote from: exodus on 12/27/2017, 08:21 PMBlood Gear is so cool! It's weird that it's not so well known, though I guess that's starting to change.
I would love to play a translation. I'm sure the Japanese text is why Blood Gear isn't more well regarded. I also always wished the mech had a bit more agility and corresponding increase in intensity of enemies - it doesn't have the action of say Assault Suits Valken, or even Devastator. The graphics (I love the relatively bright color use), the SFX, and BGM are all really enjoyable and topnotch. It is a stellar game every action mech sidescroller fan should play. But how rad would it be if we could do it in English!
You should play the Turbo version of Ys I & II. It features some of the best English voice actors and an Oscar nominee.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Koa Zo

Quote from: guest on 12/29/2017, 01:31 PMYou should play the Turbo version of Ys I & II. It features some of the best English voice actors and an Oscar nominee.
It's really strange that I've yet to play Y's I & II on Turbo. I'd played the SMS version back in the day and never looked back at the Turbo CD version since. While I remember enjoying the SMS game, the Y's games in general never appealed to me. Considering the enduring presence of the series I am more curious to experience the Turbo version.

esteban

Quote from: Koa Zo on 12/30/2017, 03:26 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/29/2017, 01:31 PMYou should play the Turbo version of Ys I & II. It features some of the best English voice actors and an Oscar nominee.
It's really strange that I've yet to play Ys I & II on Turbo. I'd played the SMS version back in the day and never looked back at the Turbo CD version since. While I remember enjoying the SMS game, the Ys games in general never appealed to me. Considering the enduring presence of the series I am more curious to experience the Turbo version.
It is worth it. I enjoyed the SMS version, but the Turbo combo is really worth everyone's time (even folks who might not like the genre).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LowRes

Koa gave me a great deal on Kaze Kiri and shipped fast :) Thanks again
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

Koa Zo

Quote from: LowRes on 01/09/2018, 04:46 PMKoa gave me a great deal on Kaze Kiri and shipped fast :) Thanks again
Nice working out a deal with you, glad it went to someone who is playing it!

All-in-all my auction sales worked-out ok. A bunch of stuff sold for way less than I paid for it, but a few items sold for a bit more than I paid. Overall I probably broke even. There were only a few item watchers, so I was quite nervous that I was going to be practically giving the games away.
It worked out nicely that two buyers scooped up a lot of the items with a mix of high-end and obscure.