PC Engine C162 Question

Started by LowRes, 12/29/2017, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowRes

Hey guys,

I bought a Core Grafx II off Game Doctor HK and he region modded it for free.  Got it yesterday and when I re-capped it last night I noticed C162 was removed and replaced with a jumper wire.  Looks like it was done in order to fit the long switch he uses for the region mod.  Everything works perfectly fine without C162 but I was just wondering what this cap was for?

If I have to, I could probably get a new cap in there working around his switch.  Unless there's another reason this cap was removed?

His region mod is pretty clean, and very good price for a core grafx II.  Definitely would buy stuff from them again, just wondering other's thoughts on this C162 being removed
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

ginoscope

Yeah that is odd that the cap is missing that is a big 470uf cap by the av out from what I remember.  I just recently capped a coregrafx 1 and I did add the cap.  Does the av out work fine with composite?

Wouldn't hurt to try and put it back in.

LowRes

Quote from: ginoscope on 12/29/2017, 11:51 AMYeah that is odd that the cap is missing that is a big 470uf cap by the av out from what I remember.  I just recently capped a coregrafx 1 and I did add the cap.  Does the av out work fine with composite?

Wouldn't hurt to try and put it back in.
Ya it's the biggest cap on the board, works fine composite out the AV connector, and works fine in a IFU Unit.  Just wanted to hear from some guys that might know if that cap is removed for any other reason besides just to make room for the region switch.  I'm gonna go ahead and fit a new cap back in there.  Was just curious if others have seen this before. 

*Edit*
With the long legs of a new capacitor I was able to lay it down behind the AV connector and install the cap.  No problems with case fitment, and everything is working fine.  I guess He removed it just to fit the switch and didn't want to deal with getting a new cap in there.  Anyway, for anybody else that may come across this, there's room for a new cap.
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

Nodoka75

On my non-modded Coregrafx II C162 is a 470uF/16V capacitor.