The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime

Started by DragonmasterDan, 07/08/2011, 12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

I finished L Gaim. I was thinking about jumping into Gundam. Should I start with the first series or something like Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam or ZZ. I like Tomino's style from the mid-late 80s, that's why I was thinking about jumping into one of those two. Any suggestions or recommendations for something else?
I'm in the mood for more serious sci-fi/drama stuff

SuperDeadite

If you want to watch Gundam, watch the 3 Gundam movies.  Unless you become a super fan, don't bother with the TV series, which is more about selling toys then anything else.

I'd say.
1.  3 Gundam movies
2.  Zeta
3.  Char's Counter Attack
4.  0083
5.  08th MS Team

ZZ is optional imo.  It's a comedy, Zeta is really dark and fucked up, so I can see why they chose this path, but it feels very out of place.  I found 0080 to be quite pointless.  As for AU series.  Turn A is amazing, but the more of the other AU's you watch first, the more you'll like it.  X being my favorite, though a bit flawed towards the end.  And G is simply badass.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SignOfZeta

I agree that the movies are the best place to start with the original series, but I disagree that the series they are made from is worthless. It's a great show and while several plot points drag on too long (and those G parts sequences are really repetitious and stupid) there is also a lot gained from some of the story arcs being longer.

I also really love 0080. It shows a different side of the UC universe and does it with Hal character designs.
IMG

Mzo

I think Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) might be one of the best anime series I've ever watched.

>_>
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

Ji-L87

Quote from: Mzo on 09/23/2013, 03:02 PMI think Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) might be one of the best anime series I've ever watched.

>_>
It's certainly something else.

And well animated. So, obviously it didn't sell that good :/
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Mzo

Right now I'm watching Attack on Titan, same as everyone else.  It starts off super interesting and almost feels like a Junji Ito story... but then a certain plot twist happens and it reminds you that it's a Shonen Jump story at heart.  It's still really well done and one of the few instances where I far prefer the anime to the manga.

I'm also really surprised at the third season of The World God Only Knows.  I really liked the first two seasons but the third is easily my favorite.  They do this weird thing where they skip a ton of the manga and sum it up as quickly as possible before getting to the goddesses storyline, but everything happening now is so good.  I liked it so much I bought a skull hairpin like Elsie's ._.

I've also been really, really enjoying the second season of Oreimo.  It's basically devolved into a harem anime at this point, but it's fun to watch.  I think I have an unhealthy fake cartoon crush on kuroneko .-.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

Nando

Quote from: Mzo on 09/24/2013, 04:14 PMI'm also really surprised at the third season of The World God Only Knows.  I really liked the first two seasons but the third is easily my favorite.  They do this weird thing where they skip a ton of the manga and sum it up as quickly as possible before getting to the goddesses storyline, but everything happening now is so good.  I liked it so much I bought a skull hairpin like Elsie's ._.
I'm so out of the loop. Gonna try and catch this one and Oreimo.

xcrement5x

So I've been watching some more recent anime.  

I finished watching RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne~ on Neflix and it was okay/good.  There was of lot of gratuitous sex/nudity though that I didn't really feel added too much to the story, and was almost shoehorned in.  Story was decent and the animation was quite nice, but some parts of it were almost uncomfortable to watch.

Since Halloween is coming up, the wife and I decided to watch Ghost Hunt.  It's actually quite good, has 3-4 episode arcs to tell each story, and all the characters are pretty likable.  The animation is nothing stellar, but works to set the mood for each of the stories.  It reminds me a bit of Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales but with a modern setting and plenty of humor as well to balance everything.

This did get me thinking though, has anyone else watched Ayakashi or Mononoke (not Princess Mononoke)?  They're both very good series that seem to have minimal recognition.  The art style for Mononoke specifically is amazing, and the stories are very fun. 
Edit:
Oh, and I forgot about Mushishi which is also very neat to watch.  All of these series are more akin to short stories than anything though.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/01/2013, 12:36 PMSo I've been watching some more recent anime. 
Since Halloween is coming up, the wife and I decided to watch Ghost Hunt.  It's actually quite good, has 3-4 episode arcs to tell each story, and all the characters are pretty likable.  The animation is nothing stellar, but works to set the mood for each of the stories.  It reminds me a bit of Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales but with a modern setting and plenty of humor as well to balance everything.
I been watching ghost hunt as well on netflik recently.With it's super natural theme it's not that bad either.You get a episode that can be rather silly,then it being very serious.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

Just finished Ghost Hunt and I'd give it a 3.5/5 maybe.  Definitely enjoyable but don't go into it expecting a masterpiece.  Like TR0N said it can be a bit inconsistent on the style.

Now to finish watching Toradora before diving into all the new anime I grabbed at Entertainmart!

DragonmasterDan

Plastic Little arrived for me. I'm back logged with other anime to watch for now though.
--DragonmasterDan

retroguy

I found something interesting yesterday. When the first Pokémon movie was released here, they left out the prologue, but dubbed it later as a bonus on a different DVD. Someone took the audio from both and laid it on top of the original Japanese version to make a "complete edition" of the movie. Very cool! Check it out:

Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back English Dub
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

munchiaz

finished up pokemon the origin last night. I'm a big pokemon game fan, not so much when it comes to the anime. But this cool since its based on the red,blue,green pokemon game. I also just finished watching the new gundam anime, gundam build fighters. It has to do with building gundams and using them to play a fighting game. It's neat if you're into gunpla.

Lastly, i started watching hajime no ippo again, since a new series just started

Nando

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/10/2013, 03:44 AM. I also just finished watching the new gundam anime, gundam build fighters. It has to do with building gundams and using them to play a fighting game. It's neat if you're into gunpla.
I saw the previews for that, they also have a neat looking tie in game. I was wondering if it was any good. The premise if somewhat original, and it's Gundam! how do you like the mech designs?

munchiaz

Quote from: Nando on 10/10/2013, 09:14 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 10/10/2013, 03:44 AM. I also just finished watching the new gundam anime, gundam build fighters. It has to do with building gundams and using them to play a fighting game. It's neat if you're into gunpla.
What system is the tie in game for? So far they have only showed 1 new gundam model. Hes the typical red,blue white, yellow gundam. Looks more modern, like gundam wing type gundams. If that makes any sense

I saw the previews for that, they also have a neat looking tie in game. I was wondering if it was any good. The premise if somewhat original, and it's Gundam! how do you like the mech designs?

Nando

well maybe not a direct Anime tie in but here it is. Gundam Breaker

http://kotaku.com/gundam-breaker-lets-you-build-and-pilot-the-gundam-of-1152250037

IMG

There's a revamped Vita version coming too.

Ji-L87

So, the new anime season is already underway. Anyone else watching Kill la Kill?

It's studio Trigger's latest work (escapees from GAINAX) and it's bit like Subekan Deka meets Utena meets Gurren Lagann. (Minus the detective part). The first episode in particular is very well animated and the show's use of CGI is actually pretty tasteful.  I.e. it mixes well with the hand drawn stuff.

The big question for me is if the show will manage to be this captivating all the way through. Only 3 episodes are out right now but the pace is furious, cramming stuff into these episode that would take a more normal show at least double the time.
Other possibly negatives is that the show maybe looks a bit too much like Gurren Lagann (same visual style, with a few tweaks) that it felt the most fresh the first time 'round.

None the less, I'm more positive about the future of japanese animation again. :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Nando

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 10/22/2013, 03:37 AMSo, the new anime season is already underway. Anyone else watching Kill la Kill?
On my list, alogn with Magi

Here's some fun stuff coming our way. 

http://www.tofugu.com/2013/10/14/fall-2013-anime-roundup/

TR0N

Guess i shouldn't be surprise there's a bayonetta anime coming i hope it's good.
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate anime trailer
IMG

DragonmasterDan

I got the first few episodes of Aura Battler Dunbine sitting in my "to watch" queue right now.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

So I finished Toradora over the weekend and it was a great ending.  The characters and everything are just very well done, and even though it's based around high school kids the story didn't seem shallow.

I'm just watched the first episode of Armitage III, episodes are about 45 mins each so that's one per workout session and I'll probably be done next week.  I feel like I'm cheating the experience here though because the animation looks amazing and I'm only watching it on a tiny 9" portable DVD player.

PunkCryborg

I've always wanted to watch Armitage III ever since I read about it bitd in Animerica. Let me know how it is! I love the cyberpunk style
I just watched the first Gundam movie the other night and it was AWESOME. I also watched the UK dub of Cyber City Oedo which has some of the most ridiculous cursing I've ever heard. I'm interested in trying the pce game after I watch the last one since I should be able to follow along the story if it's the same as the OAVs

xcrement5x

Just finished Armitage III today and my experience was kind of mixed.  The animation was great, but it seemed like it had more style than substance in the story.  Still really enjoyable though, it has a ton of cyberpunk influences, and a lot of Blade Runner influences.  Some things are a bit weird watching from "our" present to the "their" future, but it was worth my time for sure.  I'm just not sure if I would rewatch it any time soon.

Now to decide on what to watch next, I'm thinking between Agent Aika and Green Green.

Digi.k

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/06/2013, 03:58 PMI've always wanted to watch Armitage III ever since I read about it bitd in Animerica. Let me know how it is! I love the cyberpunk style
I just watched the first Gundam movie the other night and it was AWESOME. I also watched the UK dub of Cyber City Oedo which has some of the most ridiculous cursing I've ever heard. I'm interested in trying the pce game after I watch the last one since I should be able to follow along the story if it's the same as the OAVs
Story is quite cliched but is has some awesome music. Watch the original short series first before trying the movie.  I really disliked the remix to the music.

Currently I am downloading a series called Blue Exorcist

IMG

xcrement5x

My wife really liked Blue Exorcist.  I guess there is a movie as well that is being shown in limited theaters.

So, I picked Agent Aika to watch next.  That was a poor decision and apparently I should have done a bit of Googling before deciding this would be what I watched on the treadmill/elliptical at the gym.  Lots and lots of fanservice in the form of boobies, panty shots and nudity. 

The ecchi was a bit lower in the first ep, but by the second ep I had to stop because it was SO over the top.  Then it was Fox News on the gym TV for the next 20 minutes :(

Googling about Green Green yields interesting results and makes me think I should just start looking to other parts of my anime collection for stuff to watch at the gym.    :shock: 8-[

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 11/15/2013, 03:07 PMSo, I picked Agent Aika to watch next.  That was a poor decision and apparently I should have done a bit of Googling before deciding this would be what I watched on the treadmill/elliptical at the gym.  Lots and lots of fanservice in the form of boobies, panty shots and nudity. 

The ecchi was a bit lower in the first ep, but by the second ep I had to stop because it was SO over the top.
I still think AIKa is good tho'. For being what it is - that bit is important. It is a total fanservice show and one must enter it with that mindset, otherwise it will shock you with it's hysterical number of panty flashes.
I still think it's a much better show (hand animated, great background art, great soundtrack, good character & vehicle design, enjoyably 90s) than many newer fanservice shows that somehow actually gains popularity while AIKa mostly receives flak. (For example the Queens Blade-thing).

But I guess I'm just happy when a show is drawn in a visual style I like.

Quote from: guest on 11/15/2013, 03:07 PMGoogling about Green Green yields interesting results and makes me think I should just start looking to other parts of my anime collection for stuff to watch at the gym.    :shock: 8-[
If AIKa wasn't for you, Green Green is pretty much worse. It can be funny, yes, but ultimately it's a poorly written, poorly animated show with some occasional highlights but overall very forgettable.

Not saying not to watch it - just keep them expectations low  :wink:

Unrelated to that,
I just finished watching Nadia - the secret of Blue Water.
The style is great, the beginning and ending is properly good. However the middle is pretty bad - and it pretty much ruins it - but stick through and you will be rewarded with a good closure.
CHECKPOINT!

Xak

I like old 80s animes and early 90s "movies" or OVA's whatever that stands for. I just love the quality and realism in the drawings back in the 80s (Golgo 13, Venus Wars , Devilman), those are classics. Now anime has gotten all weird and the art style has changed and got more eccentric . Please someone prove me wrong, and show me something cool like those movies I mentioned above. Vampire Hunter D was pretty cool too, and Demon City Shingitsu ?

I love that realistic anime art style the 80s OVA's used to bring.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Ji-L87

Quote from: Xak on 11/16/2013, 10:44 PMPlease someone prove me wrong, and show me something cool like those movies I mentioned above.
Have you checked out Gundam Unicorn (have only seen screencaps) or the Redline movie? It's decidedly current in aesthetics but also does have a bit of an oldschool feel if I remember correctly. It's also kind of a rush :mrgreen:

But oh man. I agree with you and you made me want to go on a rant : >

I think you'll be hard pressed to find the kind of realistic touches you're after in modern anime. Or at least the mainstream stuff. Your best bet will be in the movies and not TV series. And by that I don't really mean movies connected to a running TV series (as those will only look like a better produced version of said show) but more in the line of Miyazaki, Mamoru Hosoda etc (Summer Wars, Girl who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children - his stuff does have more "current" look to it tho').

You said you liked OVAs and I too also totally love OVAs. (Original Video Animation)
They are awesome. Often done better than your average TV series but with way more creative freedom and no need for censoring since it went directly into the, then, booming home video market.

Everybody wins. Except for now - since it has pretty much died. Oh OVAs are still released but most stuff seem to be extra episodes for already existing works or smaller projects that just doesn't make much of a splash. I guess there just isn't much money to be had there anymore.

TV is where things are at right now and I'm not sure it's actually fair to compare OVAs with TV series - The drawing styles have changed, as you said, people are working at least partly digitally (i.e. the final line drawings are not printed on cels) - which dramatically change the way things look -  not to mention there is a lot of outsourcing going on (cheaper that way) and 3DCG is a thing now - which is both good and bad.

Honestly, I believe backgrounds is the one thing that have suffered the least over the years. Some are more digital than others but I've seen some stunning stuff in recent shows. There are still studios doing good animation work: Kyoto Animation, GAINAX/TRIGGER, Madhouse to name a few but they probably won't look like you want them too.

IMG <---- Example of how much better Kanon from 2006 (KyoAni) looks compared to the one from 2002. Not a show you'd be interested in perhaps but something I had on hand  8-[ TV anime is actually looking better and better - however the aesthetics are not always for us perhaps.

Then again, some shows just makes me want to
IMG
Recent example

I'll end this rant with this:

IMG

/rant  :-$

To brighten things up a bit. Here's a brief video showing that Production IG are still doing a lot of the animation work for the newest Ghost in the Shell installment the traditional way.

Memory of GR -making of ARISE- Production I.G
Things go digital in the end of course but it's good to know that way of working hasn't died off entirely.
CHECKPOINT!

xcrement5x

I've got no problem with fanservice shows, I just don't like watching them at the gym where everyone can see it.  :?  I watched and enjoyed Girls Bravo, I just did it at home though.

I switched over to a Pet Shop of Horrors DVD I found.  It's only about 90 minutes but decent for the 2 eps I watched so far. 

xcrement5x

Bump for posterity. 

I finished Pet Shop of Horrors, it was pretty good for being only about 4 eps.  Nice little shorts that are each separate stories.  Then I just finished Tokyo Babylon which has two 45 min eps each on it.  It was not that great but at least it is watched and can now be gotten rid of.

I'm watching RahXephon now.  I managed to get the whole thing rather cheap a couple years ago and never got time to watch it.  The first couple episodes seem reaaaally slow to me, not enough meat and too many teasing open questions.  Hopefully it gets better.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2013, 05:00 PMI'm watching RahXephon now.  I managed to get the whole thing rather cheap a couple years ago and never got time to watch it.  The first couple episodes seem reaaaally slow to me, not enough meat and too many teasing open questions.  Hopefully it gets better.
I recall watching some of this. If I recall right, it was position as a better fleshed out Evangelion....never did watch more than a handful of episodes. I liked the Mech design.

DragonmasterDan

I finally watched the first episode of Bubblegum Crash. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was warned it would be.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Just finished RahXephon today, it was pretty darn good and definitely worth the watch!  It does have a very Evangelion feel to it, but at least they didn't run out of budget 2/3 of the way through so everything looks great.  The ending is VERY Eva-esque, but it's got a nice semi-prologue to make a bit more sense of it all.  I also have the movie, but was told that the movie is really just a retelling of the series without much too it, I may watch it someday in the background.

Up next is an anime Bunny Drop which was given to me by a friend for Christmas.  I've heard good stuff about it, so I'm looking forward to it.  Also, only being 13 episodes makes it a bit faster to finish.  :)

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2014, 03:55 PMJust finished RahXephon today, it was pretty darn good and definitely worth the watch!  It does have a very Evangelion feel to it, but at least they didn't run out of budget 2/3 of the way through so everything looks great.  The ending is VERY Eva-esque, but it's got a nice semi-prologue to make a bit more sense of it all.  I also have the movie, but was told that the movie is really just a retelling of the series without much too it, I may watch it someday in the background.

Up next is an anime Bunny Drop which was given to me by a friend for Christmas.  I've heard good stuff about it, so I'm looking forward to it.  Also, only being 13 episodes makes it a bit faster to finish.  :)
I really enjoyed RahXephon as well.   I like it a lot more then Evangelion personally.  It's been a while, but I recall enjoying the movie as well, but I think it is semi different from the series, I just can't recall what the differences are.
IMG

Ji-L87

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/02/2013, 07:02 PMI finally watched the first episode of Bubblegum Crash. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was warned it would be.
But not nearly as good as one wants it to be, rite? :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!

HailingTheThings

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Digi.k

Quote from: Xak on 11/16/2013, 10:44 PMI like old 80s animes and early 90s "movies" or OVA's whatever that stands for. I just love the quality and realism in the drawings back in the 80s (Golgo 13, Venus Wars , Devilman), those are classics. Now anime has gotten all weird and the art style has changed and got more eccentric . Please someone prove me wrong, and show me something cool like those movies I mentioned above. Vampire Hunter D was pretty cool too, and Demon City Shingitsu ?

I love that realistic anime art style the 80s OVA's used to bring.
haven't been on this thread in ages but some obscure animes should be hunted down.  Although these ones are 90's.

Genesis survivor gaiarth is one of them  I love this one !!

IMG

also if you ever liked Tenchi Muyo then El Harzard the magnificent world is also an amazing show.
IMG

another strange show was moldiver
IMG

only shows I can remember enjoying from the 80's is the Urusei Yatsura tv show, Creamy Mami and Candy Candy although that is one really old show !!

IMG

candy candy
IMG

TR0N

I didn't know until now that the space cobra adventure tv series got a dvd/bluray release  :shock: =D&gt;

Space Adventure Cobra Trailer
IMG

xcrement5x

I've actually worked through a fair number of stuff since the last post and forgot to update!

Bunny Drop - Really good slice of life series.  If you're a parent then this one will pull at your heart strings
Welcome to NHK - Okay, a bit to otaku heavy for me.  The underlying theme is a good one though.
Attack on Titan - Watched about half of the first series.  Action, killing, blood, babes.  Story is a bit weak IMHO.
Crest of the Stars - Older but good.  It was worth my time but I'm glad I didn't pay a lot for it.
Princess Jellyfish - Wow, this one was great.  It's very girl themed but I enjoyed almost every episode of this series.

HailingTheThings

Genesis survivor Gaiarth looks pretty cool, too bad there's not a proper DVD release for it in NA, I found a listing for decent quality bootlegs, however.
IMG

NessFreaK

I am just curious if anyone else here collects anime? If not, what difference do you think there is between collecting video games and collecting anime? Because I find that people who actually buy anime are few and far between ...

majhost.com/gallery/NessFreaK/shelves/bb.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: NessFreaK on 04/23/2014, 03:56 PMI am just curious if anyone else here collects anime? If not, what difference do you think there is between collecting video games and collecting anime? Because I find that people who actually buy anime are few and far between ...

majhost.com/gallery/NessFreaK/shelves/bb.jpg
One reason why i stopped buying anime is because its so expensive. $30 for a DVD with a little over an hour a footage. I could never stomach that price

xcrement5x

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/23/2014, 04:17 PM
Quote from: NessFreaK on 04/23/2014, 03:56 PMI am just curious if anyone else here collects anime? If not, what difference do you think there is between collecting video games and collecting anime? Because I find that people who actually buy anime are few and far between ...
One reason why i stopped buying anime is because its so expensive. $30 for a dvd with a little over an hour a footage. I could never stomach that price
It's gotten a lot better in the last several years.  Publishers release stuff as sets much more reasonably priced now, and the second hand market has a solid 15 years of stuff so used is pretty affordable.  You really only get into problems when a license on something popular expires, no one else picks it up, and no more discs are being reprinted.  Then the finite supply goes nuts on certain volumes for people trying to own it all.

I don't actively collect anime like I do games because of the sheer amount and the space involved, but I have a solid collection of stuff all the way back to some VHS.  Most of it is in boxes though at this point.  I'm probably most proud of all the Ah My Goddess stuff: OVA on LaserDisc, Both Seasons (one signed by the character design/cheif animation director), Mini goddess set, etc. 

DragonmasterDan

I mostly collect particular series/directors works. I have a fair amount of anime DVDs but nowhere near as much NessFreaK and even less organized.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Bump from the mists of time!

I've watched a couple things recently off Netflix.  First was Baka and Test.  It's a goofy comedy show with a school setting that's pretty fun if you don't take it too seriously. 

However, the other title (which I'm still watching) is Knights of Sidonia, and it is great.  It's seinen and has a deep sci-fi feel to it which I haven't felt for a long time in any shows.  Story wise it's very engaging, and most of the characters are pretty well done for what I've seen.  Stylistically it looks phenomenal.  If you've ever seen FREEDOM, it uses a similar kind of style to create the cell shaded 3D animation look, blended with some traditional drawings from my understanding.  Definitely worth the watch on Netflix if you've already got an account, and the opening song is pretty badass.  :D

Nando

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2014, 10:37 AMHowever, the other title (which I'm still watching) is Knights of Sidonia, and it is great. 
I've had a lot of people recommend me that and Kill-A-Kill (sp?)

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nando on 07/29/2014, 02:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/29/2014, 10:37 AMHowever, the other title (which I'm still watching) is Knights of Sidonia, and it is great. 
I've had a lot of people recommend me that and Kill-A-Kill (sp?)
Heh, Kill-La-Kill is on Netflix too and I watched that a month or so ago as well.  The animation style in that is very crazy, and lots of ecchi and fanservice shots but it is still a fun romp.  If you liked Gurren Laggann you will probably thoroughly enjoy Kill-La-Kill.

Medic_wheat

I had stopped a long time ago buying anime due to price ....

But that has recently changed. Prices are reasonable and I feel I can finally afford to own complete sets of some of my favorit anime series, movies and OVAs.

The only problem now is I have amassed such a large and complete downloaded collection in DVD and Bluray I find it hard to drop down cash on stuff I already have on a hard drive where I can stream on my tv and just sit back and watch without ever having to swap out a DVD or change a feature to sub or dub....

With that said my collection is steadily growing. Mostly in Bluray because why not..it's typically priced the same as DVD collections especially the SAVE collections which apart from the fugly green save label on the spine are great deals.

-Evangelon movies first two
-black butler season 1 & 2
-robotech season 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 (missing 5-6)
-brotherhood complete
-and more...

Still want to get my hands on a lot of other stuff. Pretty much all of the SAVE library

geise

IMG
No La Blue Girl/Inju Gakuen?  No Urotsukidoji?  No Angel of Darkness?  No Rei Rei?  No Ogenki Clinic?  Where are the classics?