The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

Only console I've bought at launch is the 360. Waited in line for 12hrs at wally world.

After the RROD debacle, it will remain the only console I buy at launch too.

Gypsy

It's a shame that they focused so much on 3D that gen (but I get it, and games were evolving) because 2D on the Saturn looks great.

@Zerogamer: I agree, there are not many benefits to being an early adopter. Pay more, have less selection when you buy it and possibly (especially lately) have poor build quality. Thankfully Sony moved on from the original model PS3 pretty quickly.

seieienbu

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/10/2016, 11:25 AMIt's a shame that they focused so much on 3D that gen (but I get it, and games were evolving) because 2D on the Saturn looks great.
2D also looked great on the playstation.  Off the top of my head, take another look at Megaman X games, Symphony of the Night, Lowmax, Legend of Mana.

Yeah if you compare Saturn to PS1, the 2D is better on Saturn as a general rule (lol SotN).  Capcom and SNK fighters are pretty good examples of this.  But just because Saturn looks better doesn't mean that PS1 didn't still look good.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gypsy

Oh I wasn't meaning to slam the PS1 or anything. I just haven't played any PS1 games in a long time so I wasn't thinking about anything on it whereas I still play Saturn pretty regularly so it's fresh on my mind. Oddly enough, I think the last game I played through on PS1 was in fact SOTN.

So you got me thinking, Adventures of Lomax looks pretty cool. So I strolled over to Ebay and noooooooooope.

seieienbu

Jesus!  I wanted it for a long while and finally bit the bullet and bought it a year ago for I think $35.  The $200 sales HAVE to be shills.  Multiple copies still being sold for $50 while before and after said copies are $200+?  Call me a conspiracy theorist if you must but I don't think that's how this works in a fair economy.

Gypsy

Yeah I refuse to pay those prices. Fortunately, there seems to be a PC version that is cheap. Feels like price fixing to me too, and I don't often think that.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

technozombie

Quote from: TR0N on 08/21/2016, 02:54 AM
This episode was a nice diversion from the normal themed episodes.

ccovell

I do love that Alpha Denshi T-shirt of yours, Joe.

nightkidzero13

the new video on game backlog was amazing, maybe a continuation down that path or bring random battle back? either way I still watch all the episodes you put up

TR0N

Game Sack Left in Japan 8
IMG

seieienbu

Never seen that Nanatsu Kaze game for Saturn looks really nice.  I think I'll give it a try at some point.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/04/2016, 09:18 PMNever seen that Nanatsu Kaze game for Saturn looks really nice.  I think I'll give it a try at some point.
Very pretty game.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Dicer

Latest back in japan episode was good, zoomed right by. That Saturn game does look neat.

I almost thumbed it down for lack of PCE, but naw.

Don't hit me Joe :(

TR0N

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/04/2016, 09:18 PMNever seen that Nanatsu Kaze game for Saturn looks really nice.  I think I'll give it a try at some point.
It does look interesting it be some thing if it did have a fan translation.Yeah joe mention it's being look at so maybe it will happen.When it came to 2D man did the saturn excel at it.
IMG

seieienbu

Quote from: TR0N on 09/06/2016, 01:05 AM
It does look interesting it be some thing if it did have a fan translation.Yeah joe mention it's being look at so maybe it will happen.When it came to 2D man did the saturn excel at it.
:lol:

Maybe someday I'll learn to actually read what I write before I hit the post button.

Medic_wheat

The sport animation and detail was jaw dropping. Granted it might be more fun to look at then play as Joe said.

Enternal

My dinner themed well with the episode.

IMG

technozombie

Joe mentioned twice about Gamesack coming to an end, is that a scheduled thing or was he just joking?

Medic_wheat

I keep forgetting the YouTube/creator Chanel "Final Boss" which is seperate from the YouTube accounts.

Took a look at it today due to Twitter post regarding Joe's transformers review.

Went down a rabbit hole and watched the transformer movie review as well.

So Joe. Will you do a supplemental review over the new bluray release of the film that has cleaned up animation?  It's set to release in October. I know I have my copy pre-ordered.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: technozombie on 09/06/2016, 11:39 PMJoe mentioned twice about Gamesack coming to an end, is that a scheduled thing or was he just joking?
I think in the contex of the video it is a joke.

My predictions of the "future" of game sack?

I think they will rebrand under one company with their YouTube friends/partners in the "Final Boss" domain they have.

In part to combine viewers and make more ad money.

But I believe the following may also be a factor

1). They won't be under YouTube fair use thumb.

2). They can better promote and advertise their content, merch, and annual appearances to conventions. Thus allowing better content for their videos as well. Like when Game Chaser went to Norway for a game convention along with Pat the NES Punk

3). Videos could be longer (granted on average you already make 20-30 minute videos. How much longer could they be?).

This is all pulled out of my ass.  And in part what I might do. Granted I do not preten to know how the business end of content creators on YouTube and such work. Let alone on a seperate site that you have to pay server space to house your videos.

TurboXray

Quote from: Enternal on 09/06/2016, 07:24 PMMy dinner themed well with the episode.

IMG
What.. no sushi, only rolls!?

johnnykonami

Has there been an episode on digitally downloaded retro games that feature translations for the first time?  Monster World IV (I mean, officially, I'm of course aware of the fan translation), Earthbound Zero, Radiant Silvergun, etc.?  I like supporting this kind of work, it's some of the only games I will buy like this rather than trying to get the original.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/08/2016, 08:28 PMSo Joe. Will you do a supplemental review over the new bluray release of the film that has cleaned up animation?  It's set to release in October. I know I have my copy pre-ordered.
I might review the Blu-ray. Not a bad idea! I have mine pre-ordered and it is taking forever and a day to release itself.

sirhcman

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/09/2016, 01:10 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/08/2016, 08:28 PMSo Joe. Will you do a supplemental review over the new bluray release of the film that has cleaned up animation?  It's set to release in October. I know I have my copy pre-ordered.
I might review the Blu-ray. Not a bad idea! I have mine pre-ordered and it is taking forever and a day to release itself.
Speaking of blu-ray's is a volume 2 for GameSack in the works? Also I noticed your videos are on Amazon Prime.. have they been up there for awhile? I was shocked to see the PS2 episode when I was looking for a movie to watch :)

Joe Redifer

Yes I am actually building Volume 2 to the hard drive for final testing as I type this. All goes well it can be sent off to the factory for replication. It's really packed full this time. Last one had like 3GB free space. This one has maybe 49 MB free space.

Yeah I put the videos on Amazon when they started offering their program. They pay you. I got my first payment a few days ago. $1.11. Looking at mansions tomorrow.

Gypsy

You know what they say, money changes you. Stay humble man.  :lol:

Medic_wheat

So what does that amazons prime money come out to in rupees?

technozombie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/11/2016, 04:21 AMYes I am actually building Volume 2 to the hard drive for final testing as I type this. All goes well it can be sent off to the factory for replication. It's really packed full this time. Last one had like 3GB free space. This one has maybe 49 MB free space.

Yeah I put the videos on Amazon when they started offering their program. They pay you. I got my first payment a few days ago. $1.11. Looking at mansions tomorrow.
I searched for some Gamesack videos on my Amazon Firestick, but it showed no results.

sirhcman

Quote from: technozombie on 09/12/2016, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/11/2016, 04:21 AMYes I am actually building Volume 2 to the hard drive for final testing as I type this. All goes well it can be sent off to the factory for replication. It's really packed full this time. Last one had like 3GB free space. This one has maybe 49 MB free space.

I searched for some Gamesack videos on my Amazon Firestick, but it showed no results.
Only two I saw:

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-2-Game-Sack/dp/B01IX073LC/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1473691957&sr=1-1&keywords=Joe+Redifer

https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Make-Youtube-Show-Game/dp/B01FIGL11W/ref=sr_1_2?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1473691957&sr=1-2&keywords=Joe+Redifer

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2016, 10:53 AM
Quote from: technozombie on 09/12/2016, 10:23 AM

Only two I saw:

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-2-Game-Sack/dp/B01IX073LC/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1473691957&sr=1-1&keywords=Joe+Redifer

https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Make-Youtube-Show-Game/dp/B01FIGL11W/ref=sr_1_2?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1473691957&sr=1-2&keywords=Joe+Redifer
I'm going to give those a watch. If Joe gets that mansion maybe he'll let us come over and be in an episode of Playing With (ball)Sacks.

Joe Redifer

Yeah those are the only two up there. Subtitles are a requirement and I don't like doing subtitles as they're a pain. I don't mind if others do them though.

ClodBusted

Joe Redifer

That's weird. Really weird. You click on it and it changes to Joe Reiter. I attribute it to Amazon messing up somehow and confusing it with the Game Sack blu-ray.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/15/2016, 03:25 PMThat's weird. Really weird. You click on it and it changes to Joe Reiter. I attribute it to Amazon messing up somehow and confusing it with the Game Sack blu-ray.
I think we should all watch that movie, nonetheless, in honor of Game Sack.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Game Sack-Games That Make Consoles Look wEaK
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 09/18/2016, 02:06 AM Game Sack-Games That Make Consoles Look wEaK
Virtua Racing
And
Virtual Hydlide

were great. :)

I have to disagree with Athena...while the game is flawed/broken, it really does have a unique personality. The graphics/sprites/level design all scream FANTASTIC, only to be utterly sabotaged by the horrible controls and collision detection. Since this episode is *about* judging a book by its cover, Athena has decent aesthetics (I can think of a billion FC/NES games with far worse aesthetics).

BUT THAT's OK. :)

I would have defended the character designs in Super Pitfall NES, too. If I had too.

Then there is Chubby Cherub.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

I'm sure I'll get rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but I'm surprised Keith Courage wasn't mentioned or the PC Engine version of Lode Runner - The Lost Labyrinth.

seieienbu

When I think of underwhelming games Altered Beast for PCE CD springs to mind instantly.

Gypsy

Heh, Athena is pretty terrible. I can feel the sloooooth with Bebe's Kids. Fun video.

Lol the Virtual Hydlide bit. XD

CrackTiger

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/19/2016, 01:09 AMWhen I think of underwhelming games Altered Beast for PCE CD springs to mind instantly.
I could see Golden Axe, but Altered Beast CD is much more whelming than the Genesis version.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

technozombie

Coming right off Final Fantasy 6 and playing Chrono Trigger as a kid I was underwhelmed. That's probably not a popular opinion though. Tecmo: Secret of the Stars is a graphically underwhelming game considering it came out the same year as Chrono Trigger.

TR0N

IMG

Gypsy

Instant cred for Napple Tale being included (presumably since I can see it on the image before I start the video, which I am just now watching). Loved that game.

Edit: Yes. Second game mentioned. I will say for anyone looking to get a retail copy of Napple Tale just be patient. The bins are high but if you wait for an auction, you can probably get it for $30 or less (iirc I paid $12 but had to replace the case). And yeah like he says, brush up on your Japanese or use a guide.

Dicer

Joe were you sleeping during the Yoshi section?

crazydean

I didn't realize Yoshi's Wooly World was supposed to be like SMB2. I just figured it was another super easy kiddie game like Yoshi's Story. I guess I need to get another Wii U. After not playing it for a year, I sold it a few months ago.

Looks like I need to pick up a PS3 as well. That Puppeteer game looks amazing. The last time a new game piqued me interest like that was Shovel Knight two years ago.

PS: Thanks for this episode guys. I typically don't like the 2.5D, but you guys found some gems.

TR0N

IMG

Medic_wheat

Fun video there are a few games on my radar I have yet to get and your video helped reminde me if that.

The video looked good. Did you capture it when that new HDMI mod that the N64 has now?

Joe Redifer

No just RGB.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/16/2016, 04:08 AMNo just RGB.
Makes me want to get my N64 RGB modded. One day.