What are you currently listening to?

Started by geise, 10/27/2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: SMF on 03/31/2013, 11:46 PMArch Enemy is 10 times better.... Just saying is all. Now go back to torturing your ears with that radio friendly crap.
^ fucking yes!!

In a sort of Pink Floydy kick-
Porcupine Tree....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Been on this on and off all day
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperPlay

Digi.k

some 80's dance stuff on itunes

Dayton - the sound of music
Aurra - you and me tonight
Sharron Redd - Can you handle it
Zapp and Roger - computer love

Digi.k

munchiaz

The new Tyler, the creator album WOLF.

geise

I'm a huge Devin Townsend fan.  I don't know how I missed one of his albums that have been out since Sept 2012.

munchiaz

roflmao

Power Glove ~ Fantastic Lover
All of their music is a glorious tribute to the late-80's/early-90's electronic music scene.  If you like the soundtracks to the games and movies from that era, you might get a kick out of this.  A tongue-in-cheek homage, much like the new Far Cry 3 game (which I sooo want to play!)

esteban

jlued686

Any of you guys watch the documentary A Band Called Death? I just checked it out the other night and it was really, really good. It's about a punk band from the early 70s that never made it, but their music began resurfacing a few years ago. Check it out. It's worth a watch. So far it's available on iTunes.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2013, 09:59 AMAny of you guys watch the documentary A Band Called Death? I just checked it out the other night and it was really, really good. It's about a punk band from the early 70s that never made it, but their music began resurfacing a few years ago. Check it out. It's worth a watch. So far it's available on iTunes.
I haven't, but it sounds interesting.  :pcgs:

geise

That documentary was very interesting.  Thanks for sharing! :D

Currently I'm listening to:
IMG

munchiaz

SuperPlay

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/01/2013, 11:20 AMSUper castlevania IV OST
I love the castlevania OST :-)

For me just listing in on
Donkey Kong Country OST

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2013, 12:20 PM
STATUS: I was 99% certain I knew what this was before le click.

I WAS LE CORRECT.   :pcgs:

handygrafx

Phantasy Star II
"Dezoris Winter"   a remix of "Silent Zone"
http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01065/

Sword of Vermilion
-An old remix of "Statts"
"Statts 2010"
"Last City"  original Genesis version, my fav tune from Sword of Vermilion
Live version of my favorite video game tune of all time "After Burner" from that game, by S.S.T band (Sega Sound Team)

esteban

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 06/09/2013, 07:43 AMDamn, after a short visit, I heard countless wonderful, new tracks from ??? games...  :pcgs:
Yeah, this is pretty much all I've been listening to lately.  It's great!  It says that it's "Streaming Radio for X68000, PC-8801, X1, FM77 and MSX Series".  I don't know anything about those computers, aside from what I read here, but there are a lot of PC Engine soundtracks and they sound fantastic. :)

roflmao

After digging around on their website, I found a better link to the radio station: http://gyusyabu.ddo.jp:8080/index.html
This page is updated with track info and a screenshot. :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2013, 11:54 AMAfter digging around on their website, I found a better link to the radio station: http://gyusyabu.ddo.jp:8080/index.html
This page is updated with track info and a screenshot. :)
Awesome, thank you.  :pcgs:

soop

A lot of Frank Ocean.

Also, my friend's sisters D&B set.  Not my usual cup of tea, but I like it.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

JoshTurboTrollX

Just finished a first listen to the new Megadeth and Alice in Chains albums.

The New Alice in Chains is actually better than the last!!  I really like it!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bawitback

The Smashing Pumpkins - Eye (1996)
http://vimeo.com/52116884

Alphaville - Big in Japan (1984)
IMG
|| Use your Special Attack ||

esteban

Quote from: bawitback on 06/12/2013, 08:02 PMThe Smashing Pumpkins - Eye (1996)
http://vimeo.com/52116884

Alphaville - Big in Japan (1984)
Listen to Alphaville. Always.

To Germany With Love is so infectious that you'll be singing "I am an emigre" in mere moments.

Z6 - You, Eugene and Me

Just heard this for the first time. Ridiculous song title/lyric....but for some reason I want to listen to it over and over. The chorus is actually grating (yet oddly catchy).

Sparky

One of my fav bands Matthew Good, now chip tuned in a remix :)

https://youtu.be/7SuyLej04dY

geise

Haha!  That was awesome Sparky.  Currently I've been listening to the new Darkane - The Sinister Supremacy.
IMG

wildfruit

minecraft soundtrack
keith apicary songs
guile theme orchestrated

psychobear

The Beatles as of lately.. A little bit of black sabbath as we'll

blueraven

Mississippi Fred McDowell, Skip James, and The Specials.

BigusSchmuck

Christopher Lee's Charlamange albums. Crazy that the guy is 91 and still making music let alone metal.

bawitback

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2013, 07:28 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/28/2011, 10:45 PMLately I've been into the newest albums from Astronautalis, Iron Maiden, Fucked Up, Patton Oswalt, and Erasure. Looking forward to the new Doomtree and Gift of Gab.
That's rather eclectic.  And Erasure still makes albums?  I'll have to check that out... loved their stuff in the 90's.

I've been in retro mode for a bit... some older albums from The Cure, The Eels, and some Frente! to offset the doom/gloom of the other two.
Erasure has a bunch of great stuff from 90's/early 2000's (I'm probably missing anything released in the last five years).

The biggest surprise for me is that PET SHOP BOYS and Depeche Mode actually have some decent post-1990 stuff.

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

BLOUSE—I have 2 singles and s/t album, but I want MORE.  :pcgs:

Gogan

Rammstein- Liebe ist fur Alle da

And of course, I'm always jammin my own tunes:
Nothin beats the real thing.

Bernie

Listening to my dog whine, cause she wants to come inside...but she took a mud bath earlier..  ugh.. 

Yes, I know this is a music thread.  :)

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 07/28/2013, 07:15 PMListening to my dog whine, cause she wants to come inside...but she took a mud bath earlier..  ugh.. 

Yes, I know this is a music thread.  :)
I'm sick of that song!

bawitback

New Order - Subculture (1985)
The Mad Capsule Markets - Jesus is Dead (1992)
IMG

esteban

Quote from: bawitback on 08/05/2013, 12:21 AMNew Order - Subculture (1985)
The Mad Capsule Markets - Jesus is Dead (1992)
Subba-culture....  :pcgs:

SuperPlay

Blade Runner Soundtrack (2013 ReMix)

Jabberwok

Billy Idol... his 1st 4 albums rocked... er I mean rock  :? Especially Rebel Yell...

esteban

Quote from: Jabberwok on 08/05/2013, 04:38 PMBilly Idol... his 1st 4 albums rocked... er I mean rock  :? Especially Rebel Yell...
Absolutely. For some reason I have Eyes Without A Face stuck in my head for the past few weeks.

Currently listening to Trans-X, Living on Video

wildfruit

JoshTurboTrollX

Found this while screwing around during my downtime/build time-

Shatterhand NES remix:

wildfruit

a bbc radio series called journey into space from the 1950s it was quite ahead of it's time, probably

VenomMacbeth

I'm listening to the Cocteau Twins on shuffle.  So dreamy...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

geise

Actraiser Symphonic Suite

esteban

DILEMMA: Great songs are often guilty of having horrible "official" and/or "unofficial" videos.

That is why I'll simply say that I'm enjoying a great song with a horrendous, generic video.

NOTE: In general, music videos, I feel, often degrade the music. I have been horrified when I see the pap thrown together for songs I cherish.