@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Bubble Bobble

Started by soop, 02/06/2012, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

Honestly, the way they just tacked Super onto the beginning of SNES/SFC ports, maybe we should do the same with Turbo. Turbo Bubble Bobble. Either that or Bubble Bobble Turbo. Or PC Bubble Bobble, like what was done with many Famicom things (FC + whatever).

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Bublé Bobblehead
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Blublibblebabblewobblobble Special.

esteban

Bubble Bible.

BigusSchmuck

Oh wait I got it! Bubble Bobble Change™. I'm sure the Obama supporters are going to love that name.

Nighttrate

So now we got the name out the way, when do you think we will be able to play this bad boy?

esteban

Quote from: Nighttrate on 10/01/2014, 06:05 PMSo now we got the name out the way, when do you think we will be able to play this bad boy?
Soon. Give or take some time.

ClodBusted

Bubble Bobble Hillybilly Rodeo Overclocked Remix.

Just like the song with the same name.

deubeul

Boobies Boobies
 :arrow:

Nighttrate

Quote from: esteban on 10/01/2014, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Nighttrate on 10/01/2014, 06:05 PMSo now we got the name out the way, when do you think we will be able to play this bad boy?
Are you making a PDF manual or any artwork like a CD onbody to go with it? As I could help you with that if you needed help

esteban

Quote from: Nighttrate on 10/12/2014, 12:33 AM
Quote from: esteban on 10/01/2014, 06:13 PM
Are you making a PDF manual or any artwork like a CD onbody to go with it? As I could help you with that if you needed help
I think it would be awesome if you did that. I'm not sure what the OP is planning, but it can't hurt to ask.  :pcgs:

PixyJunket

Awesome!!

I've read that the original game has some crazy complex mechanics in terms of how items appear and such. Is this being made to adhere to all that or is it more of a "by eye" port?
Drink Craft Beer and Play PC-Engine.
Compile, Westone and Falcom.

Nighttrate

Hi mate, hows the development of this coming along?

Aladar

esteban

esteban

Bobble.

Seriously fantastic.

You know I eagerly await the next phase in the project: where you include the option for classic mode (as seen thus far) as well as "Hudson World", where sprites are modified and updated (but use original color palette to avoid any headaches for you).

So, my modest (ha!) proposal:
Bub --> Coryoon (green)
Bob --> Coryoon (blue)
Bubble Buster --> Gray Bomber (Bomberman)
Coily--> Bonk /PC Genjin
Hullaballoon --> JJ/Jeff
Willy Whistle --> Takahashi / Master Higgins
Stoner --> Gyudes (kool skeleton enemy from Neutopia)
Beluga --> Princess Tomato

Etc.

Dicer

Looks legit...keep it up :)

spenoza

Will you be writing your own sound engine, using Arkhan's Squirrel, or TailChao's HuSound?

Nighttrate

Please tell me your finnish making this game as I love Bubble Bobble & the PC Engine so both together is a marriage made in heaven

Dicer

Over a month and nothing...any updates on this? I was uber excited to see this happening

dingsbums

I would love to have Bubble Bobble on the PC Engine.
In anticipation I made a cover for a SCD version  8). When the project is hopefully done I could make a full manual, spine card & back cover also.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: dingsbums on 01/25/2015, 07:29 AMI would love to have Bubble Bobble on the PC Engine.
In anticipation I made a cover for a SCD version  8). When the project is hopefully done I could make a full manual, spine card & back cover also.

IMG
Fantastic :)

Although many of us would love Red Book + PSG tune options on a CD-ROM, I think this project is being coded as a HuCARD.

I still like the cover, though, regardless.

dingsbums

When it would become a HU Card (who can make self made HU Cards around here ?) I would change the front cover, no problem  8). I would still make the manual but instead of of the spine card / back cover I would make a HU Card case spine side & a round sticker for the backside of a HU Card case.

spenoza

Quote from: dingsbums on 01/25/2015, 09:15 AMwho can make self made HU Cards around here ?
We have at least 2 who can (and one who has, and has sold it). Probably more of those types of folk hiding in the woodwork around here somewhere.

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2015, 01:34 AM
Quote from: dingsbums on 01/25/2015, 09:15 AMwho can make self made HU Cards around here ?
We have at least 2 who can (and one who has, and has sold it). Probably more of those types of folk hiding in the woodwork around here somewhere.
Yeah i think it was db-electronics that has a really nice hucard and pcb setup he was gonna mass produce for homebrew.

Aladar

WIP 20150218

Added:
- Side borders of the platforms.
- Secret Rooms.
- Various power-ups effects.

TODO:
- Today's record screen.
- EXTEND screen.
- Water and fire bubbles effects.
- Power-ups effects for potions, blu cross, yellow cross and skull.
- Level 100.
- Ending(s).
- Music and sound FX.
- Various little things.

IMGIMG

Dicer

Thank the gods it lives, I was getting worried...

Looks awesome

NecroPhile

Woot!  Gettin' closer!   :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nighttrate

Quote from: Aladar on 02/18/2015, 08:29 AMWIP 20150218

Added:
- Side borders of the platforms.
- Secret Rooms.
- Various power-ups effects.

TODO:
- Today's record screen.
- EXTEND screen.
- Water and fire bubbles effects.
- Power-ups effects for potions, blu cross, yellow cross and skull.
- Level 100.
- Ending(s).
- Music and sound FX.
- Various little things.

IMGIMG
All I can say is "WOW" this look amazing, when do you think your be putting this out?

roflmao

Sweet! Thanks for the update.

esteban

spenoza

Dude, you take all the time you need to get this to a point that makes you happy with your work. Whenever you decide to share it with us, I will be grateful. I'm so impressed already with the work you've done. I hope when you are finished with this project you'll take up something original, or get involved with one of the other homebrew devs or teams here on the forums. You clearly have the skills and patience to do good work.

Todd Gill

Like the others have said, that looks amazing.

Aladar

WIP 20150325

Added:
- Today's record screen.
- Water bubbles effect.
- Blu cross, yellow cross and skull.

TODO:
- EXTEND screen.
- Fire bubbles effect.
- Potions.
- Level 100.
- Ending(s).
- Music and sound FX.
- Various little things.

I hope to release the game by the end of this year.
Only beta testers will receive it in advance.

IMGIMG

roflmao

This is looking so sweet.

wildfruit

Colour is amazing 😊

esteban

Quote from: Aladar on 03/27/2015, 02:00 PMIMG IMG
As always.... gorgeous progress.

If progress is beautiful, then this is gorgeous.

Dicer

Quote from: Aladar on 03/27/2015, 02:00 PMWIP 20150325

Added:
- Today's record screen.
- Water bubbles effect.
- Blu cross, yellow cross and skull.

TODO:
- EXTEND screen.
- Fire bubbles effect.
- Potions.
- Level 100.
- Ending(s).
- Music and sound FX.
- Various little things.

I hope to release the game by the end of this year.
Only beta testers will receive it in advance.

IMG IMG
Simply awesome...how does one become a tester?

spenoza

That's still a lot left to do, but given the massive progress you've made, I'm certain you'll do great. Are you considering doing some original project development on the PCE or assisting some translation teams with hacking/programming when this project is done? It certainly looks like you have the necessary skills.

esadajr

Looking better everyday. Thanks for your efforts.
Gaming since 1985

EvilEvoIX

Always a fan of a good translation.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Debvgger_

Already saving money for this. Congratulations on such a seemingly well rounded work :-)

ToyMachine78

This is awesome! Bubble Bobble is the perfect game to show off the turbo's color palette! Take my money now!!!!

CPTBadAss

I'm very excited for this :D. I just discovered that people were making homebrew hu-card games and I'm very eager to try one out.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

Elder

This is yet another project I'm eagerly awaiting.  Good luck with development :)

esadajr

thanks for the hard work. Did I already say I can't wait for this?
Gaming since 1985

shubibiman

Wow ! Great WIP here ! Keep it up !
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

spenoza

OK, I have a couple questions about this... Are you recreating everything from scratch? How have you sussed out all the enemy patterns and behaviors? Is the original arcade the primary source or one of the later ports?

I hope the end result is very hack-able. It would be awesome to be able to create modified versions of the game to create all sorts of user-generated content.

Aladar

The arcade is the only source, I have reverse engineered the coin-op and deeply studied the code.
The Z80 code is translated in the HuC6280 code but not in a mechanical way otherwise is too slow and big.
Every piece of code is redesigned to behave exactly as the original but with the speed and compactness of a code written with the HuC6280 in mind.
So the enemies behavior is perfectly reproduced, even the bugs!
In the future I will release the source code so everyone can mod it.