arggh trying to 1cc this.. currently scored:

shubibiman

Here is an old score of mine :

clickaclick

I lost at stage 1-8
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Digi.k

Ceti Alpha

Yes, most impressive. :D I may have to put in Raiden tonight.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

atr3yu

Ok I am going to have to play this and show of my skillz!!!!

Ultra Luigi

Any difference in difficulty from TG-16 to Atari Jaguar? I have the Jaguar version.

I know this is the Hucard thread but since I don't have the game I thought I would share it here. Well this is what I got on that version.

5977260 Stage 4-7

I need to get this game asap.

RoyVegas

Raiden gets no highscore love from anyone since 2009? Must be because it has no easy way to take a pic except for in between levels.  Here's the highest I've been able to get lately:

Updated with another higher score: 580650

(Photo removed as I got a higher score.)
All is well. :)

RoyVegas

Lil bit higher:  706150

Edit: New pic even higher: 803850

Edit again: Pic removed due to a higher score.

shubibiman

RoyVegas

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/31/2013, 04:30 PMWow! Your TV rocks!
Thanks!  I picked it up from a thrift shop that was advertising it on Craigslist.

RoyVegas

Moving up just a little more: 883,000

Edit: Pic removed

RoyVegas

1,086,150. I did finally get to level 8 after using a continue!

Edit: High score pic removed for a higher one.

RoyVegas

I keep getting higher scores thinking theres no way I'll be able to top it anytime soon.  Then I end up getting something higher.  This one should stand for me for quite awhile for me: 1,243,150

edit: or not....  just got this one: 1,309,200

edit:  pic removed for a new higher one.

RoyVegas

Beat it today!!   Took a couple continues and didn't get a high score but was worth posting since the game is so damn hard. Pic below

Then I played it again for a high score run and got the killer score in the second pic. 1,735,800  That moves me into first!  :mrgreen:

IMG
IMG

roflmao

RoyVegas

So, so sad I couldn't beat it on my 1.7 mil run.  Believe it or not, I got all the way to the last boss of the game on my first ship.  I killed his different parts and all that was left was his head.  It was flashing red, the flames came out and I dodged a few sprays of his fire before I got trapped and died.  I had 5 or 6 guys left and wasnt able to finish it.  To think I almost 1 man cleared this shocked me.

This isn't over for me yet.  I will 1cc this bastard.

shubibiman

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/16/2013, 02:42 PMSo, so sad I couldn't beat it on my 1.7 mil run.  Believe it or not, I got all the way to the last boss of the game on my first ship.  I killed his different parts and all that was left was his head.  It was flashing red, the flames came out and I dodged a few sprays of his fire before I got trapped and died.  I had 5 or 6 guys left and wasnt able to finish it.  To think I almost 1 man cleared this shocked me.

This isn't over for me yet.  I will 1cc this bastard.
You have been kickin' ass! I knew you were determined to beat this bastard simply from your occasional updates/progress.

I have gotten to that stupid "head" and panicked (knowing I was so close) many times. I tend to be my own worst enemy: I choke at the worst moments, it's crazy, and it's totally because I lose concentration.

I have to start playing Raiden CD to see if I can beat it (it has 2 extra stages and a nice soundtrack, especially if you are familiar with the original chiptunes, which you are  :pcgs: ).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

ok finally got of my ass and updated !!! I not been playing this at all since I been sidetracked by lots of other games !!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2013, 05:43 PMI've started proper my effort to best Roy's score... after an hour or so last night I almost cleared stage 2 and approached the quarter-million mark.  Roy: your score is and likely always will be safe. Lol
Almost cleared Stage 2  :pcgs:

Hey, everybody started at this point. You may just beat the game. It took me a million years.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2013, 05:43 PMRoy: your score is and likely always will be safe. Lol
I did get to the last boss on my first ship, die and not beat it with my remaining ships.  Someone could easily beat my score though. Remember, when you beat the game you get 1 mil bonus points, so there are multiple ways for someone to pass me up.

Lazing Blazers

I was lucky enough to clear the first loop on one life with minimal bombs so after the 1 million point bonus for clearing the game I was just over 3 million. I broke down around level 3 on the second loop and finished with a score of 3,433,600.

I think this is a great port although the CD Super Raiden is even better. I enjoy the chip tunes but the new Red Book Audio arrangements are incredible. The CD version is definitely tougher all in all due to the addition of the very challenging levels 9 and 10 although the 8 levels of the HuCard are more difficult than the first 8 of the CD due to faster bullets. So the first 8 levels of the two ports are not identical which I've often read on this site and elsewhere.

Hopefully bumping these ancient threads won't ruffle any feathers and will get more people into playing some PC Engine games!