10.02.13 - Forum Upgrades / Theme changes

Started by PCEngineFX, 10/02/2013, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duo_R

So it's a Simple MF? Lol

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2013, 01:04 PM
Quote from: Duo_R on 10/04/2013, 12:54 PMI am no expert on SMF But sounds simple enough. Always willing to help but yeah NecroPhile gets my vote!

;-)
Well, the S does stand for simple...

lol
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Joe Redifer

At least the Lords of Thunda jewel icons are now back. MUCH better!

Duo_R

PCEngineFX

I'm not liking any other themes out there people, so better get used to this one (colors and all).  I'm still tweaking little stuff here and there, but this may be it.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/03/2013, 04:10 PMAlso, a "Mark posts as read" or similar button is now missing. I don't read every new post each time I visit so I'd like to be able to click it (as I did before) right before I leave so I can see which topics have new posts the next time I return. And can we increase the editing time to 5 minutes? I always have typos, add a bit of crap right after I submit, etc. It'd be nice to have a small buffer before the "edited" script shows up at the bottom of the post.
THIS. I'm fine with the current look but PLEASE bring back the "View all unread messages" link that used to be at the top of the main page, and add the "Mark all as read" link as Joe mentioned.  This message board has almost 20 sub-forums (too many, IMO, but that's okay) and even with the "new post" gem indicator, it's a pain to separately jump into each sub-forum to see the 1-2 threads that have new posts. And it's a waste of resources/bandwidth.

That was one of the best features here and I've never seen it on any other forum I hang out on.

esteban

Quote from: jperryss on 10/06/2013, 08:36 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/03/2013, 04:10 PMAlso, a "Mark posts as read" or similar button is now missing. I don't read every new post each time I visit so I'd like to be able to click it (as I did before) right before I leave so I can see which topics have new posts the next time I return. And can we increase the editing time to 5 minutes? I always have typos, add a bit of crap right after I submit, etc. It'd be nice to have a small buffer before the "edited" script shows up at the bottom of the post.
THIS. I'm fine with the current look but PLEASE bring back the "View all unread messages" link that used to be at the top of the main page, and add the "Mark all as read" link as Joe mentioned.  This message board has almost 20 sub-forums (too many, IMO, but that's okay) and even with the "new post" gem indicator, it's a pain to separately jump into each sub-forum to see the 1-2 threads that have new posts. And it's a waste of resources/bandwidth.

That was one of the best features here and I've never seen it on any other forum I hang out on.
UNREAD POSTS (sheet of paper image)

UNREAD REPLIES TO YOUR POSTS (talk bubbles with "+" symbol)

are both still available. TINY ICONS UPPER RIGHT CORNER, adjacent to your avatar.

THANK MOTHER GUNNER SINCE HE FOUND IT...

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/04/2013, 02:28 PMHi Aaron, I am staying away from tapatalk and using the standard browser on my iOS, I did notice that the feature I use the most (Unread Posts/Replies) is now a pair of tiny icons on the upper right next to my avatar.  (It is even smaller on Mobile).

Are these tied to the theme, or would you consider making that feature more prominent at the top?

Thanks!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: jperryss on 10/06/2013, 08:36 AM

JOE: the mark all read button is there at the bottom when you click the new unread posts sheet icon

Jerry: see esteban's post about where to find the unread issues / Also note that gem feature is still here.  If the house is "exploded apart" it has new posts, if not it has no unread posts.  there is a little explanation of this if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/06/2013, 02:01 PMJOE: the mark all read button is there at the bottom when you click the new unread posts sheet icon

It wasn't when I originally made that post.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/06/2013, 02:11 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/06/2013, 02:01 PMJOE: the mark all read button is there at the bottom when you click the new unread posts sheet icon

It wasn't when I originally made that post.
AH my bad Joe. Thanks for getting those back. I use them a lot. :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

jperryss

Quote from: esteban on 10/06/2013, 12:46 PMUNREAD POSTS (sheet of paper image)

UNREAD REPLIES TO YOUR POSTS (talk bubbles with "+" symbol)

are both still available. TINY ICONS UPPER RIGHT CORNER, adjacent to your avatar.

THANK MOTHER GUNNER SINCE HE FOUND IT...

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/04/2013, 02:28 PMHi Aaron, I am staying away from tapatalk and using the standard browser on my iOS, I did notice that the feature I use the most (Unread Posts/Replies) is now a pair of tiny icons on the upper right next to my avatar.  (It is even smaller on Mobile).

Are these tied to the theme, or would you consider making that feature more prominent at the top?

Thanks!
Awesome. I totally missed those icons due to the background and the fact that I never look in the upper right area when I'm on this site. Thanks all!

mrhaboobi

Cant say i like the new theme, and so many adverts .. how do i get rid of them?  Feels just a little over whelming..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Duo_R

I dig the new look in all honesty, used to it now. But then again I like Skittles!

PunkCryborg

Only thing I don't like is the space on the sides. It looks nice but it makes it very hard to see pics. Browsing the sales threads are annoying if the pics are big because you have to scroll left to right now to see the images.

Joe Redifer

This is the HabboLand Theme by Diego Andrés. Maybe someone needs to e-mail good ol' Diego and tell him to get his ass in gear and fix the width. Diego must be a giant chode.

esteban

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/15/2013, 05:28 AMhoboland
"Habbo" is Norwegian for "video editor" which, in Norway, is the career path that leads to becoming a hobo.