10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.

Started by Keith Courage, 05/20/2014, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Courage

I regularly have these briefcase setups for sale which include 1 controller, Super CD 3.0 system card, Power cable, and AV cable. Price for this would be $220 plus shipping. All CD drives have new gearing installed as well as other regular maintenance done to them. I also have some that come with Core Grafx systems instead of a white PCE. Will give a $20 discount if you don't need a controller. I can also give a $20 discount if the Super System CD card is not needed. This would be true for those of you who plan to use your Turboeverdrive as the system card.

I also have refurbished PC engine DUOs on hand for sale as well but not as often.
A regular PC Engine DUO base price is $215. All Duos I sell are completely recapped and include an AV cable, and power cable. NO CONTROLLER INCLUDED in this price. I can however add one for an extra $20.

I can add other modifications to these as needed

S-Video $29
Region switch $55 or $65 depending on the type of system being modified. 
RGB Mod $65. Does not include scart cable. $20 extra for a cable.
Component video modification
Led modifications

Also, if money is an issue I sometimes have DUO systems missing a hu card cover or PC engine CD setups missing the briefcase lid in which case I'd discount.

Example pictures

IMG
windows 7 print screen
IMG
print screen windows xp

IMG
free image host

Even though I re-whiten these systems I have not been able to get some of the CD drives to be quite as white as the pc engines themselves but they are very very close.

Ninja16608

Very nice price. Do you have taps and how much more for one and a second controller?

roflmao

I've purchased from Keith Courage in the past and was very happy with the purchases.  I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat.

Keith Courage

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 09:42 PMVery nice price. Do you have taps and how much more for one and a second controller?
Unfortunately I don't have any spare controllers or taps. It always seems to be difficult to find controllers for PCE systems at a good price and I only have enough for each system I am selling at the moment.

ahuffman

Argh where was this earlier this week, lol. Great stuff man, if I did not just buy a Duo-R I would be all over this.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 09:53 PMI've purchased from Keith Courage in the past and was very happy with the purchases.  I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat.
I would too, I have a piece he worked on. And after the free help early on here, this is one I would trust.

Unfortunate about the taps, I see them on the bay from time to time and for a good price, but, coming from Japan or other far away places is killer and a lot more chance for damage in transit.

Trenton_net

Do you happen to have any loose IFU units? Specifically because I'm looking to have a clean/white/unscratched one modded for S-Video or Component. Also, how about drives?

jtucci31

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 09:42 PMVery nice price. Do you have taps and how much more for one and a second controller?
Someone on here is selling some controllers and taps I'm pretty sure. I know I just recently bought a Tap and 3 controllers with Bomberman.

Otherwise I'm sure something will pop up here.

Keith Courage

Quote from: Trenton_net on 05/20/2014, 10:31 PMDo you happen to have any loose IFU units? Specifically because I'm looking to have a clean/white/unscratched one modded for S-Video or Component. Also, how about drives?
I do have some separate white CD drives I can sell but I don't have any spare IFUs.

jperryss

KC is a top-notch seller, I purchased a briefcase setup from him last year.

wildfruit

Do you have the facility to mod for rgb scart?

Keith Courage

sure, I do RGB modifications now.

wildfruit

spenoza

KC, here was a guy at Racketboy inquiring about the PC Engine, so I filled him in some and mentioned you were selling some deals over here. Maybe he'll drop by and inquire.

lunch_box

Keith Courage

Quote from: guest on 05/25/2014, 03:16 PMKC, here was a guy at Racketboy inquiring about the PC Engine, so I filled him in some and mentioned you were selling some deals over here. Maybe he'll drop by and inquire.
Thanks spenoza

Keith Courage

Just updated with some example pictures.

LINK398

Keith Courage

I have another one ready for sale.

Bump a Dump!

paybacks3

Been away with work.  Great person to do business with . love my duo.  Really only around on the weekends the last 2 months but when I am home that duo is on and rocking. Always had an open line of communication with. "KC"

****** BUMP ******
IMG

chapsy

Meant to post this earlier but got a little busy.

Got a briefcase setup from Keith this past weekend.  Everything works exactly as advertised.  He even retrobrited the console for a little extra, and the system looks great.

Pic below is what I received:

IMG

Definitely a recommended seller.  Couldn't be happier, especially after that nightmare I had with the Duo I bought from another vendor.

Thanks so much!

bonoedgey

I too just recently got a briefcase setup from Keith, and it's great. Excellent guy. It works like a charm. Thanks again Keith Courage.  :D

esteban

Quote from: chapsy on 08/18/2014, 03:20 PMMeant to post this earlier but got a little busy.

Got a briefcase setup from Keith this past weekend.  Everything works exactly as advertised.  He even retrobrited the console for a little extra, and the system looks great.

Pic below is what I received:

IMG

Definitely a recommended seller.  Couldn't be happier, especially after that nightmare I had with the Duo I bought from another vendor.

Thanks so much!
Gorgeous. Goddamn.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 05/25/2014, 03:16 PMKC, here was a guy at Racketboy inquiring about the PC Engine, so I filled him in some and mentioned you were selling some deals over here. Maybe he'll drop by and inquire.
Is racketboy still a thing?   I dont think he has updated any articles in over a year.

Keith Courage

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I am backed up by 5 days or so right now with getting systems ready for people but rest assured I have them and plan to continue doing this as a side hobby.

VGC1612

Keith Courage

capnd77

I can attest to the quality work that Keith Courage does.  Recently got a briefcase setup with svideo and region mod and everything works and looks fantastic.

Keith Courage

I have a PC engine DUO for sale. All the capacitors have been replaced so it now works great. I am asking $190 since the unit is a little more scratched up than others I normally sell.

SOLD!!!!!!!!

bulletnyourass

Keith Courage

SuperGrafx

Just wanted to post positive feedback for Mr. Keith Courage.

Bought one of his PCE Briefcase systems, and man, he does great work on these consoles! 
The community certainly benefits from having him!
Definitely a recommended seller.  Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

LINK398

Was negotiating a deal for a unit for a little bit and we finally agreed on a kind of package deal.

Well I received my unit and it works great thanks a lot

Also would like to mention that when I got to the box it was soaked because it happened to be raining and the box was nearly falling apart. However because of the great packaging everything was fine thanks again

alders666

Hi everyone

I'm new so this is my first post but just wanted everyone to know received one of Keith's Briefcase setups today and wow wow wow!, looks and plays absolutely perfect and a pleasure to deal with.

Gentlegamer

Keith Courage supplied me with a Duo-R with region switch, great deal.
IMG

moerupolice

I was thinking, because I love old hardware so much, of replacing my DUO-RX with a briefcase setup. It's just such a beautiful 80s looking piece of hardware. If the gears are replaced in the CD-ROM2, am I going to sacrifice reliability at all in switching? Is this stupid of me? I realize the DUO-RX is typically worth more money, but mine didn't cost me all that much, so I would be losing nothing.

albatross

Quote from: moerupolice on 11/21/2014, 07:38 PMI was thinking, because I love old hardware so much, of replacing my DUO-RX with a briefcase setup. It's just such a beautiful 80s looking piece of hardware. If the gears are replaced in the CD-ROM2, am I going to sacrifice reliability at all in switching? Is this stupid of me? I realize the DUO-RX is typically worth more money, but mine didn't cost me all that much, so I would be losing nothing.
why not just have both side by side...now that would be sweet!

moerupolice

Quote from: albatross on 11/21/2014, 08:26 PMwhy not just have both side by side...now that would be sweet!
I'd have to sell the RX to get the other, my financial predilections do not allow me to justify the purchase otherwise.  :-k

Keith Courage

The DUO-R/RX has proven to be very reliable. However, with new gearing, caps, and regular maintenance done to it I wouldn't see why a briefcase setup would be any less reliable. Then again, the DUO-R systems are at least 5 years newer as well so maybe in the long run a DUO-R may last 5 years longer? Who knows for sure.

moerupolice

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/22/2014, 06:53 AMThe DUO-R/RX has proven to be very reliable. However, with new gearing, caps, and regular maintenance done to it I wouldn't see why a briefcase setup would be any less reliable. Then again, the DUO-R systems are at least 5 years newer as well so maybe in the long run a DUO-R may last 5 years longer? Who knows for sure.
Thanks. I'm considering it. I've seen 37 year old Ataris still functioning, so I think it's really just a matter of keeping them maintained. If i'm in the market for it, you'll be the first I go to.

spenoza

I just want to say that I'm glad you are keeping some of these older units in good working condition and on the market. The more of these we keep alive, the longer our hobby can persist.

Keith Courage

I have 1 briefcase setup, DUO, and DUO-R ready for sale if anyone is interested.

VenomMacbeth

If you still have the Duo or Duo-R after the holidays, I might grab one from you as I'll be needing one soon to replace my IFU setup.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

moerupolice

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/07/2014, 04:24 AMIf you still have the Duo or Duo-R after the holidays, I might grab one from you as I'll be needing one soon to replace my IFU setup.
What is the problem with the IFU setup? Is it just the CD-ROM? Sometimes the fix for this is extremely simple.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: moerupolice on 12/08/2014, 09:03 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/07/2014, 04:24 AMIf you still have the Duo or Duo-R after the holidays, I might grab one from you as I'll be needing one soon to replace my IFU setup.
What is the problem with the IFU setup? Is it just the CD-ROM? Sometimes the fix for this is extremely simple.
Oh, you misunderstood.  I've already sold the IFU & CD-ROM, but kept the PCE.  I'm looking for a Duo to replace it, as I want to get an arcade card & didn't want to have to pay through the noseholes for a Pro.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

DeshDildo

I nabbed a Duo from Mr. Courage and it works flawlessly.  He also did a nice job with the re-cap.  Good clean work at a great price.  Thanks again!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"