10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.

Started by Keith Courage, 05/20/2014, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Courage

I've got a DUO and two briefcase setups ready for sale if anyone is interested send me a pm. Prices are listed at the beginning of this thread.

mitsuman

Got my duo from Keith Courage today. Awesome work!

albatross

picked up a briefcase unit from Keith and couldn't be happier!  great work!  thanks again!

cobrad12

Got my duo system today and its perfect!! Great seller!!

Pinwizkid

I too just received my PC Engine briefcase from Keith Courage and what is there to say? The thing is perfect. Looks great, works great, and was packed great.

I paid extra to have a region switch put in and the switch installation was done so neatly that it looks like the console was manufactured with it.

If you are thinking of getting one of these consoles, don't hesitate to deal with this seller. Top notch product. Thanks again!

-Brendan

some stupid japanese name

captain_n77

My PCE Duo arrived today. It works like a charm and is as clean as a whistle. It was packaged like a pro to boot. Super excited and enjoying Macross 2036 right now. Thanks man!
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

kosko99

Ordered a DUO-R to him, waiting for the component video mod to be done.
Can't wait to play the system :D

Sarumaru

I got the PC Engine Duo in today, I am very satisfied and it works flawlessly. You do excellent (and very clean) work.  Thanks again!

VenomMacbeth

Picked up my Duo last night & am playing it today, and I couldn't be happier. ^-^
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

PixyJunket

Keith Courage, do accept hardware sent to you for repairs/mods?

My Duo-R's multi-out is badly loose and the CD drive is starting to show signs of age (it just locked up the system on me during Dragon Knight III's ending sequence the other day). I also might consider a component mod, but I'm mostly looking to get it back into healthy shape.
Drink Craft Beer and Play PC-Engine.
Compile, Westone and Falcom.

Keith Courage

Yes, I also take on most repairs such as recapping, cd drive adjustment/repair, mods  etc..... Feel free to send me a pm.

Keith Courage

System is sold to save2600.

however, I do happen to have some other complete CD briefcase setups and standard Japanese duo systems on hand that I just haven't finished cleaning up / doing general maintenance to yet. so if anyone else is looking for something else feel free to send me a message.

System has an upgraded S-video port installed as well as having general maintenance done to the CD drive with new gears etc... Will include one controller, AV cable, Power cable, and Super system 3.0 Card.

IMG

IMG

IMG

Digi.k

I might be interested in a component set up brief case. Do you have pictures of the game image quality?

full price and....

and how much would shipping be to London UK? it doesn't necessarily have to be quick just get here in one piece and be trackable ?

chapsy

Hey Keith, just wondering.

I got a guy that is looking to get a PC Engine.  Do you do trades at all?  He's looking to trade a fair bit of N64 and Genesis stuff.  Figured I'd recommend you since I was so happy with my purchase come you (and still am).  Just wanted to know if trades were an option for you though.

Keith Courage

Unfortunately I'm not really in the market for any other game stuff right now. In fact, I really need to start downsizing a little.

chapsy

That's cool man.  Just figured I'd ask.  Thanks for letting me know.

VGC1612

Keith Courage

Sure do. Just sent a PM.

Digi.k

Got it today and testing it out.  Thanks man

IMG
IMG
/9989a832-de9f-4b39-a3b0-1d992a1b2b2a.jpg

Gentlegamer

Is it possible to mod a PC Engine for video and power out of the back of the console?
IMG

Keith Courage

Yes, it's possible. Would have to just mount an extra set of jacks on the rear.

Honestly it's a little easier to do with a DUO though since the power jack is already on the rear.

Wiggly

Hi, New PC Engine owner here,

How much would it be for a cd-rom and briefcase unit to be shipped to the UK?
I'm not after a PC engine, as I've just got hold of an RGB modded one.
Cosmetic condition not an issue, just as long as it works.

Cheers,

Graham.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Keith Courage on 06/09/2015, 02:26 PMYes, it's possible. Would have to just mount an extra set of jacks on the rear.

Honestly it's a little easier to do with a DUO though since the power jack is already on the rear.
I have the excellent Duo R you did for me... but I'm gradually thinking it would be super cool to have an original white PCE, but I'd want it to have the hook ups out the back. If it was modded this way would it break potential compatibility with the CD-ROM?
IMG

Keith Courage

No issues at all if RCA jacks were to be added to the rear of the IFU.

Gypsy

Looking for a CD-ROM2 system. Been playing the auction game on Ebay to no avail lately. I'm willing to fix one but working is preferred. Do you have any available currently and if so how much are you asking shipped within the US?

Keith Courage

same prices that are listed at the very first page of this thread plus shipping.

I also have a few duo systems that are missing a door cover or a few briefcase that are missing the lid that I would sell for an extra $25 off.

Gypsy

I didn't see any individual prices in the OP. Only a price for a full set-up.

Also damn I should have came here and bought from you to begin with for the full set-up, would have been less. :/

Keith Courage

Sorry, I don't have any spare pc engine consoles or separate CD drives for sale at the moment. Only complete system+CD setups and DUOs.

LostFlunky

grolt

I'm a notorious strange man.

780racer

Dracula

Attack Alpha Target

Jay-Ray

Hi I'm really interested in buying a duo from you I just have one question what power supply do you include I know Japan and U.S. Have different voltages.

Keith Courage

I typically include a 3rd party AC adapter that would work for all regions. Compatible with 100V-240V

Mikeyy00

datbuta

Just wanted to say that I picked up my modded PC Engine Duo from the post office over the weekend. I had tested a bunch of old games I had lying around the house that my brother had and everything works great!! Thanks Keith for the great work on the system! Fighting Street works great and I suck ass at this game! Ninja Gaiden and Sidearms are keeping me occupied!! Now all I need is another controller and a Duo Tap!

Preparefordescent

I sent you a message but I do not know if it was received.

grolt

Got my system shipped all the way to me from Alpha Zones and happy to report everything is working great.  KC installed a region mod and it's able to play both PC Engine and Turbo games flawlessly.  Super happy to finally be a Duo owner and it's nice having the peace of mind that the system has been cleaned, calibrated and capped to perfection.  Highly recommended.
I'm a notorious strange man.

physcopanda

Hi - I'm looking to get hold of either a briefcase setup or PC Engine Duo (ideally) with RGB and region mod. Do you have any available? I'm in the UK, please can you let me know? Thanks

Keith Courage

amstrick

Hey there! Looking to buy a Duo-R with a region mod and s-video (I saw on the first couple of posts that you don't do RGB correct?)

Any chance this might be available? Thanks for your help!

mickcris

Quote from: amstrick on 09/22/2015, 11:50 AMHey there! Looking to buy a Duo-R with a region mod and s-video (I saw on the first couple of posts that you don't do RGB correct?)

Any chance this might be available? Thanks for your help!
He does RGB now. It's listed in the 1st post. That other post you read was outdated.

amstrick

I see, thanks for the update.

Right now, I've just got my American Turbografx-16, so I'm really excited to expand that library.

Koop

Hey sent a PM asking about potentially picking up some sort of partial Briefcase setup. Let me know if it's possible or not please.  :)