10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

That movie you just watched

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/09/2014, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallzter

You should make sure you've seen Rise 1st to understand this one fully. Yea can't name too many James Franco movies that I've seen that I liked.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: wallzter on 07/12/2014, 09:58 PMYou should make sure you've seen Rise 1st to understand this one fully. Yea can't name too many James Franco movies that I've seen that I liked.
James Franco in Spider-Man 3 and Pineapple Express is what dreams are made of. Hmm yess.
IMG

wallzter

Pineapple Express was funny! But they should of stopped at Spider-Man 2. Part 3 was too long too Dumb (plot) and the reason they decided to just go a completely different direction and just do a remake. Franco works when he's a character you don't have to take serious but that's about it (most of the time). Glad he died at the end. More like a nightmare then dream.

HailingTheThings

IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/12/2014, 10:14 PM
Quote from: wallzter on 07/12/2014, 09:58 PMYou should make sure you've seen Rise 1st to understand this one fully. Yea can't name too many James Franco movies that I've seen that I liked.
James Franco in Spider-Man 3 and Pineapple Express is what dreams are made of. Hmm yess.
I agree. But what about going back to Freaks and Geeks even? He r00led.

I also like Spider-Man 3 for what it's worth, not sure if you're serious or not though lol

TheClash603

Quote from: wallzter on 07/12/2014, 10:26 PMPineapple Express was funny! But they should of stopped at Spider-Man 2. Part 3 was too long too Dumb (plot) and the reason they decided to just go a completely different direction and just do a remake. Franco works when he's a character you don't have to take serious but that's about it (most of the time). Glad he died at the end. More like a nightmare then dream.
I enjoyed the humor in Spider Man 3, and I think the movie is quite underrated.  When I saw it in the theater and the new suit started crawling up Spidey, some black dude yell, "YEEE-AH SPIDAMAN, YOU A BROTHA NOW."  So everyone seemed to be getting into it.

Not to mention, the new movies are junk.

NightWolve

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/13/2014, 01:46 PM
Quote from: wallzter on 07/12/2014, 10:26 PMPineapple Express was funny! But they should of stopped at Spider-Man 2. Part 3 was too long too Dumb (plot) and the reason they decided to just go a completely different direction and just do a remake. Franco works when he's a character you don't have to take serious but that's about it (most of the time). Glad he died at the end. More like a nightmare then dream.
I enjoyed the humor in Spider Man 3, and I think the movie is quite underrated.  When I saw it in the theater and the new suit started crawling up Spidey, some black dude yell, "YEEE-AH SPIDAMAN, YOU A BROTHA NOW."  So everyone seemed to be getting into it.

Not to mention, the new movies are junk.
Heh. I agree, I liked Sam Raimi's direction better of the first 3 Spider-Mans. The 1st reboot was junk, gone was the charisma, the fun, etc. I have not seen the new reboot #2, but I don't like this actor over Tobey Maguire, I know that, and was so unimpressed by the 1st, I can't imagine it got all that better. I'll still see it on video when it comes up, though.

wallzter

I think both Spider-Man 3 and the 2nd part of the remake suffer from the same thing.  They both try to cram In too many villains into 1 movie in sorta an attempt to cover up the many flaws that they have.  I've seen many so called blockbusters lately (Godzilla, Spider-man, X-men, Transformers, Dawn, Edge of tomorrow) the only 1 would watch again or recommend anyone watch in theatres is Edge of Tomorrow.

NightWolve

Quote from: wallzter on 07/13/2014, 03:32 PMthe only 1 would watch again or recommend anyone watch in theatres is Edge of Tomorrow.
Ah, good, I loved Tom Cruise's "Oblivion" (watched many times) and was looking forward to this latest SciFi movie of his as well.

wallzter

I too liked Oblivion im a sucker for sci-fi.  Edge of tomorrow was very entertaining it's kinda a mix of Ground Hog Day and Butterfly effect.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2014, 12:20 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/12/2014, 10:14 PM
I agree. But what about going back to Freaks and Geeks even? He r00led.

I also like Spider-Man 3 for what it's worth, not sure if you're serious or not though lol
Honestly I've never watched an entire episode of Freaks and Geeks and I didn't even realize that he was in it, oops. I bet he was good though.

I actually do like the Raimi Spidey flicks. 3 is kinda eh, but its still very enjoyable. One thing that really pissed me off is the voice they gave Venom, was too Topher, needed more alien/monster. My friend kept making fun of it after we saw it in theatre. Saying random Eric Foreman lines creepily like Venom-ish. Pretty funny. Only one I can remember off the top of my head is something about "Donna Pinch-A-Butt-y," though.

IMG
IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HailingTheThings

IMG

Tatsujin

Waxwork 1988

on the warner trip :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jeffhlewis

I just watched Silence of the Lambs again for the first time as an adult (I remember seeing it when I was like 8 or so, and having my mom run out of the kitchen to cover my eyes during the Buffalo Bill scenes, haha).

It's amazing how well it holds up 20+ years after release - cinematography, performances, soundtrack. Such a good movie.

NightWolve

HailingTheThings

IMG

MrFulci

They're Playing with Fire - I've seen the movie before, and my feelings about it aren't much different. it's just an OK movie, plot stutters a bit, but Sybill Danning makes the movie worth watching.

Pigs and Battleships - I'm familiar with some of this director's other movies, but I'd never seen this one before. It was good, some humor here and there, I liked it.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

roflmao

Saw "Kiss the Girls" last night finally. Morgan Freeman (man he looked a lot younger) and Ashley Judd (again, so young!). I dug it.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2014, 12:26 AMSaw "Kiss the Girls" last night finally. Morgan Freeman (man he looked a lot younger) and Ashley Judd (again, so young!). I dug it.
I remember seeing a commercial for that movie all the time on TV like a thousand years ago, never saw it, though.
IMG

TheClash603

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/13/2014, 10:34 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/13/2014, 06:58 PMbwahaha

Things (1989): THINGS — Awful Movie Reviews
What the hell did I just watch here ?
The greatest movie ever made... in 1989, in canada and with a crappy super 8 camera.
It is said that they had $40000 in budget but what the fuck did they wasted it on? (hookers and blow likely). Also I remember reading that half the "cast" got pissed off about something and left middle shooting, that's why the duo of "main characters" keeps drinking beer and doing incomprehensible things at the house's kitchen for like half an hour of the movie, not to mention about the chainsaw guy "dissappearing into the 4th dimension" and reappearing only way later, and other oddities.
This is truly a unique movie and everyone who's a fan of Z grade movies should watch it at least once!
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

Bklyn4ever

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2014, 12:26 AMSaw "Kiss the Girls" last night finally. Morgan Freeman (man he looked a lot younger) and Ashley Judd (again, so young!). I dug it.
Excellent, one of my favs!

Bklyn4ever

Gonna see planet of the apes later on today. Will let everyone know what I thought of it.

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/23/2014, 03:20 AM
I remember seeing a commercial for that movie all the time on TV like a thousand years ago, never saw it, though.
I saw this in the theatre. I can't remember much. But Ashley Judd is reason enough to see it again.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Bklyn4ever on 07/23/2014, 10:48 AMGonna see planet of the apes later on today. Will let everyone know what I thought of it.
A friend of mine really liked it, thought it was great and recommended it. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 91%. Most actors are no-names, except for Gary Oldman I see, and looks like another guy is from The Hobbit. So eh, I'll wait for it to hit DVD, no rush.

PukeSter

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I never saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes (or any of the originals for that matter), but this one had me floored.

Such an intense and emotional film, despite being about grunting apes. A+ imo.

The humans didn't have enough character development, but whatever.

PukeSter

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/13/2014, 10:30 PMI just watched Silence of the Lambs again for the first time as an adult (I remember seeing it when I was like 8 or so, and having my mom run out of the kitchen to cover my eyes during the Buffalo Bill scenes, haha).

It's amazing how well it holds up 20+ years after release - cinematography, performances, soundtrack. Such a good movie.
Haha, my mom saw this before I was born.

She had no idea it was a horror movie though, and vividly remembers every part. :(

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 07/23/2014, 11:10 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/23/2014, 03:20 AM
I saw this in the theatre. I can't remember much. But Ashley Judd is reason enough to see it again.
And again and again, again...? Ashley and the Judds? Hmm *wink-wink*

IMG
IMG

Bklyn4ever

I just saw planet of the apes. I thought it was pretty good. They continued the story from the previous movie well. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

reson8er

Just watched Anchor Man 2. Pretty disappointing.

Miracle_Warrior

After years of hearing about Pan's Labyrinth, I finally watched it the other day and now I am going to be that guy who tells everyone "YOU HAVE TO WATCH PAN'S LABYRINTH".  Really, it's a fantastic film if you can tolerate reading subtitles; it gave me a lot to think about.

Psycho Punch

I thought it was pretty meh actually.

TheClash603

Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 07/25/2014, 05:47 PMAfter years of hearing about Pan's Labyrinth, I finally watched it the other day and now I am going to be that guy who tells everyone "YOU HAVE TO WATCH PAN'S LABYRINTH".  Really, it's a fantastic film if you can tolerate reading subtitles; it gave me a lot to think about.
I liked it a lot too.  I watched it a second time and I think I liked it even more.  It ended about as perfect as any movie in the last 15 years.

I just watched The Purge, because my friend is making me see part 2 tomorrow.  It was a good premise, but the execution was so-so...  the first two-thirds of the movie dragged quite a bit.

NecroPhile

I recently watched the Lego Movie and found it pretty entertaining, though I could've done without the smarmy and trite "lesson" of the live action bit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

*batteries not included
I haven't seen this film since watching it on HBO not that long after it  came out in theaters.  So it's been forever, but I i still love the film.  Charming and great for being a family film.

EvilEvoIX

Just saw Tammy, I believe that this movie will destroy Mellisa McCarthy's career.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 10:18 AMI recently watched the Lego Movie and found it pretty entertaining, though I could've done without the smarmy and trite "lesson" of the live action bit.
Yeah, rented that too. Wasn't too crazy about it; some parts amusing, others a little douchey, so I found it OK - one viewing and that's enough for me.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2014, 10:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 10:18 AMI recently watched the Lego Movie and found it pretty entertaining, though I could've done without the smarmy and trite "lesson" of the live action bit.
Yeah, rented that too. Wasn't too crazy about it; some parts amusing, others a little douchey, so I found it OK - one viewing and that's it is enough for me.
Ughhhhhh

This movie.......

My friends kids litterly watched it on repeate from Friday until Saturday (off a very good bootleg) when I was visiting a month or so back....

The first time I saw it I found it charming and funny....

48 hours later (and my sleeping on the couch in front of the tv) I grew to hate it with every fiber within me.

I also realized that friends of the family have no powered other people's kids when we beg them with a $20 each to shut the tv off and go to bed so that I may sleep!

NightWolve

Yeah, it was more of a kiddie movie (had something for adults, but obviously lego, so), I don't doubt kids will love it.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

NightWolve

Hahahaha! OK, so I admit I kinda liked that song, it was catchy. ;)

Dicer

I have missed some summer stuff I wanted to see due to low funds, but I did re-watch the original "The Thing" (Kurt Russel) with my kiddo not long ago, we had a great time with that.

Rented Grudge Match from Redbox, and that was surprisingly good as well, Stallone/DeNiro worked well off each other.

NightWolve

Quote from: Dicer on 07/29/2014, 09:11 PMRented Grudge Match from Redbox, and that was surprisingly good as well, Stallone/DeNiro worked well off each other.
Yeah, I gave it a shot too, also via Ghettobox/Redbox, and was surprised. I had my doubts it being yet another boxing movie with Stallone, but it's pretty good overall.

TheClash603

Quote from: Dicer on 07/29/2014, 09:11 PMI have missed some summer stuff I wanted to see due to low funds, but I did re-watch the original "The Thing" (Kurt Russel) with my kiddo not long ago, we had a great time with that.

Rented Grudge Match from Redbox, and that was surprisingly good as well, Stallone/DeNiro worked well off each other.
The Thing is an all-time classic.  Love all of the FX, the soundtrack, and one of my favorite closing scenes ever.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/31/2014, 08:59 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 07/29/2014, 09:11 PMI have missed some summer stuff I wanted to see due to low funds, but I did re-watch the original "The Thing" (Kurt Russel) with my kiddo not long ago, we had a great time with that.

The Thing is an all-time classic.  Love all of the FX, the soundtrack, and one of my favorite closing scenes ever.
I know I am in the minority here but I liked the prequel movie. As a companion movie to watch in a mini marathon with the original it holds up nicely

TR0N

Funny you mention the thing.Awhile ago i was watching big trouble in little china on netflik.Sure i have it on the dvd,but it's one my favorite movies still staring kurt russel.BTW the sob must pay !!
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/31/2014, 08:59 PM

The Thing (80's) is all-time favorite.

I rewatched it when it was released on blue ray a few years ago...DAMN, JUST AS AWESOME as watching it as a wee lad (I was too young, but loved it, but it scared the heck out of me).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

Watching Big Trouble in Little China. Talk about a blast from the past. I forgot how much I love this movie.