That TV Series You're Watching

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/22/2014, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420GOAT

i only watch whats on when i sit, i NEVER schedule ANY shows. mostly catch street outlaws, parks and rec, and ancient aliens and storage wars. im ok with wasting time as long as its not scheduled.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

NecroPhile

Did anyone watch Last Man on Earth last night?  I thought it was pretty funny, but it's gonna take some creative writing to stretch the premise out for a long lived show.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

InfraMan

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 03:18 PMDid anyone watch Last Man on Earth last night?  I thought it was pretty funny, but it's gonna take some creative writing to stretch the premise out for a long lived show.
I thought it was really good... one of the best premieres I've seen in a long time, and the soundtrack was great.

Plus, they pretty much have a blank check creatively. If the premise starts to wear thin they can easily write in other characters and stuff.

SplatterTrigger

I started watching Better Call Saul recently. The first episode I found slow and uninteresting. However it did pick up for me by episode three.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 01:33 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 02/28/2015, 05:55 PMJust had x-files box set delivered. 150hrs of mystery!!
Start with Terms of Endearment (season 6, episode 7).  :mrgreen:
I've seen them all before but I didn't realise you had a cameo in terms of endearment! Seriously though I'm doing start to finish and watching the movies and the appropriate juncture. 55 discs to go!

Psycho Punch

I thought Last Man on Earth was The Omega Man, remade. Got all excited for nothing :(
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

Finishing up House of Cards season 3 right now.  I didn't like this season as much as the second which I, in turn, liked less than the first.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/05/2015, 12:16 AMI thought Last Man on Earth was The Omega Man, remade. Got all excited for nothing :(
I thought you were talking about The Man Who Fell To Earth and I started listening to Low for no reason.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gredler

So far I've been enjoying Better Call Saul, maybe it's the memories of Breaking Bad it's stirring up, but I really enjoy it so far. My girlfriend is a huge Batman fan so we started Gothem and have loosely been keeping up, I have mixed feelings about that show but it's a nice way to burn an hour while reading news on the tablet :)

InfraMan

Quote from: esteban on 03/05/2015, 02:48 PMI thought you were talking about The Man Who Fell To Earth and I started listening to Low for no reason.
This sentence made me happy. =D>

esteban

Quote from: InfraMan on 03/05/2015, 04:27 PM
Quote from: esteban on 03/05/2015, 02:48 PMI thought you were talking about The Man Who Fell To Earth and I started listening to Low for no reason.
This sentence made me happy. =D>
:)

bob

If anybody watches Hells Kitchen (I never have before this season), my sister owns a restaurant outside of boston and her chef is on this season.  Brendon.  He couldn't tell us how far he makes it, except, "didn't win".  LOL.

esteban

Quote from: galam on 03/10/2015, 02:37 PMIf anybody watches Hells Kitchen (I never have before this season), my sister owns a restaurant outside of boston and her chef is on this season.  Brendon.  He couldn't tell us how far he makes it, except, "didn't win".  LOL.
I don't watch it, but now I want to! Ha.

bob

Quote from: esteban on 03/10/2015, 03:46 PM
Quote from: galam on 03/10/2015, 02:37 PMIf anybody watches Hells Kitchen (I never have before this season), my sister owns a restaurant outside of boston and her chef is on this season.  Brendon.  He couldn't tell us how far he makes it, except, "didn't win".  LOL.
I don't watch it, but now I want to! Ha.
on tonight

Sadler

Quote from: Gredler on 03/05/2015, 02:54 PMSo far I've been enjoying Better Call Saul, maybe it's the memories of Breaking Bad it's stirring up, but I really enjoy it so far. My girlfriend is a huge Batman fan so we started Gothem and have loosely been keeping up, I have mixed feelings about that show but it's a nice way to burn an hour while reading news on the tablet :)
This week's Better Call Saul is probably the best hour of television I've seen since Breaking Bad. Just great acting from Jonathan Banks. The Rail Runner thing bothered me a bit (though I thought it started later than 2006), but by the end it made no difference. Hell, this week's episode would stand out as one of the best Breaking Bad episodes had it been part of that series.

EDIT: I also think this season of It's Always Sunny is really good too. Charlie Work is one of my favorite episodes yet.

Jinxed

I was not getting my hopes up for better call saul, but im loving it so far. gonna watch latest episode tonight.

Gredler

Quote from: Sadler on 03/10/2015, 07:26 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 03/05/2015, 02:54 PMSo far I've been enjoying Better Call Saul, maybe it's the memories of Breaking Bad it's stirring up, but I really enjoy it so far. My girlfriend is a huge Batman fan so we started Gothem and have loosely been keeping up, I have mixed feelings about that show but it's a nice way to burn an hour while reading news on the tablet :)
This week's Better Call Saul is probably the best hour of television I've seen since Breaking Bad. Just great acting from Jonathan Banks. The Rail Runner thing bothered me a bit (though I thought it started later than 2006), but by the end it made no difference. Hell, this week's episode would stand out as one of the best Breaking Bad episodes had it been part of that series.

EDIT: I also think this season of It's Always Sunny is really good too. Charlie Work is one of my favorite episodes yet.
I haven't seen this week's episode of Saul, but I was hoping to watch it tonight. I'm glad to hear other people enjoy the show, as sometimes I feel like my opinions are swayed by prior enjoyment of related properties.

We may have similar tastes though, but this Always Sunny season has restored my faith in the potential for quality on the show. I felt like the last season was a dip, but it was hard to follow up on Fat Mac :D

seieienbu

...I came in to talk about Better Call Saul but it seems I was beaten to the punch.  That was some mighty fine television.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SplatterTrigger

Last night's episode of Better Call Saul was very good.

Bklyn4ever

jeffhlewis

Just watched the Better Call Saul finale on my DVR last night...I feel like it was a bit of an anti-climactic ending to the first season. All in all, I'm really happy they made the series, and I hope that they continue with a season 2, but I also feel like I wouldn't be into the show without its relation to Breaking Bad.

I do love the little fan Easter Eggs they drop in from time to time - like Jimmy saying that he wanted to vacation in Belize.

esteban

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/14/2015, 03:35 PMJust watched the Better Call Saul finale on my DVR last night...I feel like it was a bit of an anti-climactic ending to the first season. All in all, I'm really happy they made the series, and I hope that they continue with a season 2, but I also feel like I wouldn't be into the show without its relation to Breaking Bad.

I do love the little fan Easter Eggs they drop in from time to time - like Jimmy saying that he wanted to vacation in Belize.
OK, I haven't added my two cents. :)

I watched the entire series. Overall, I like the show, and I like that it isn't attempting to be as XTRRME as Breaking Bad.

However, the final episode suggested that the series *might* be taking a turn for the XTREME.

We shall see...

NecroPhile

I finished up Kingdom Hospital over the weekend.  It's a weird show, where you might be better off watching the finale first so you don't sit through the other ten shows wondering what in the fuck is going on.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TurboGrafx

I am currently watching Daredevil and Friday Night Lights on netflix.

I won't go into the shows I watch that are currently on TV. That is too long of a list.

SplatterTrigger

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/14/2015, 03:35 PMJust watched the Better Call Saul finale on my DVR last night...I feel like it was a bit of an anti-climactic ending to the first season. All in all, I'm really happy they made the series, and I hope that they continue with a season 2, but I also feel like I wouldn't be into the show without its relation to Breaking Bad.

Agreed.

Digi.k

Quote from: SplatterTrigger on 03/04/2015, 08:30 AMI started watching Better Call Saul recently. The first episode I found slow and uninteresting. However it did pick up for me by episode three.
This is kinda how I felt about Game of Thrones.  First episode wasn't gripping but after that I was hooked.

TR0N

The current season of game of thrones.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Warbucks

Game of Thrones
The Flash
Scorpion
Grey's Anatomy

Digi.k

esteban

SplatterTrigger

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/16/2015, 09:20 PM
Quote from: SplatterTrigger on 03/04/2015, 08:30 AMI started watching Better Call Saul recently. The first episode I found slow and uninteresting. However it did pick up for me by episode three.
This is kinda how I felt about Game of Thrones.  First episode wasn't gripping but after that I was hooked.
I was somewhat biased when it came to Game of Thrones since I read the novels and enjoyed them.

Currently watching Game of Thrones. Also I just finished up the final season of Entourage. I stopped watching the show because seasons 6&7 really went down the tubes for me. But after all these years I figured I would do a quick refresh and at least finish the series. Well the final season sucked as well in my opinion.

Sadler

Quote from: esteban on 04/20/2015, 11:06 PMSilicon Valley
Great show, absolutely love it! :D Closing tracks on this show are great too.

MotherGunner

The TV show ''mine'' watching is some good ole TNG.  I need to check out the HD versions...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Gredler

My girlfriend has been wanting to watch "Everything You Didn't Know About Animals" every night; it's a pointless facts about animals show, but every now and then there's an interesting tidbit. One that comes to mind is that Tiger's stripes are actually visible on their skin if shaved, or that polar bear fur is clear in color and their skin is black - so their white color comes from reflected light.

I much prefer fictional narratives, like Game of Thrones, but I'm practicing my future gameplan of "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

esteban

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/03/2015, 07:09 PMThe TV show ''mine'' watching is some good ole TNG.  I need to check out the HD versions...
Wait, there are HD versions?

I am going to watch TNG this summer. Hopefully Netflix has HD...

munchiaz

The girlfriend and I just finished the DareDevil netflix show. it was pretty awesome. Sucks i will have to wait like a year for more episodes

PCEngineHell

MotherGunner

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2015, 06:58 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/03/2015, 07:09 PMThe TV show ''mine'' watching is some good ole TNG.  I need to check out the HD versions...

-MG

esteban

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/05/2015, 12:07 AM

I watched the entire video. That was great. :)

mitsuman

The new season of Orange is the new black is released next Friday. So I'm sure I'll spend all weekend watching the full season.

BigusSchmuck

Started watching Turn: Washington's Spies. Awesome show.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 06/05/2015, 06:49 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/05/2015, 12:07 AM

I watched the entire video. That was great. :)
Pretty cool and it's a series worth watching again some time.

munchiaz

Started watching X files with the G/F last week. I watched it alot as a kid, but i've never sat down and when through it completely. Now with it coming back to TV i figured it would be a good time to get back into and watch it. The first 10 episodes defiantly have a monster of the week feeling, but we are still enjoying it.

Renmauzo

Recently discovered the Wire for the first time. I wasn't sold on the first episode, but got hooked pretty quickly after that. Into the beginning of season 2 now and wishing the team hadn't been split up. I can see why this show was so popular in the day.

esteban

Quote from: Renmauzo on 06/23/2015, 09:56 PMRecently discovered the Wire for the first time. I wasn't sold on the first episode, but got hooked pretty quickly after that. Into the beginning of season 2 now and wishing the team hadn't been split up. I can see why this show was so popular in the day.
Excellent show. Every season is great.

schweaty

Quote from: Renmauzo on 06/23/2015, 09:56 PMRecently discovered the Wire for the first time. I wasn't sold on the first episode, but got hooked pretty quickly after that. Into the beginning of season 2 now and wishing the team hadn't been split up. I can see why this show was so popular in the day.
stick with it.  season 2 isnt bad but it is a divergence from the rest of the series.  things get back on track in season 3

SplatterTrigger

True Detective Season 2 first episode. A lot going on for a first episode. I know it's laying the groundwork etc but I felt the episode lacked something. On the other hand Colin Farell's character is very well done.

MotherGunner

Switched from TNG to Orange is the new black.  I can't say that I LOVED it, but it was a decent show.  I confess, I have never seen Game of Thrones so that's next on my list.
-MG

schweaty

DareDevil is legit... seriously

Warbucks

I started watching HUMAN two episodes in.

It seems like a decent show.