10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Adjusting the narrow width - Possible?

Started by Trenton_net, 03/09/2015, 10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trenton_net

Hey Everyone,

Is it possible to adjust the narrow width of the forums by any chance? The reason I ask is because anytime someone posts a large image, it gets cut off and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find scroll bars to move it. Even then, you can only show parts of the image, so if you want to see more, you have to re-scroll it again to get the parts which are not visible. Seems like a shame considering many people have large screen monitors and a super narrow website is just wasting space.

I'm aware that perhaps there are other topics posted on this subject matter, but I thought I would make a fresh one rather than bump 120 > day old post. :-)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineFX

Lemme re-visit looking into changing the width again....may just have to ditch the entire theme to do it though.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

That's a lot of work just for some big pictures of asses.
IMG

PCEngineFX

Well I agree that the width is limiting and should be fixed.  Glad at least there is a workaround for the meantime.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Gentlegamer

I use the embiggen plugin Nulltard made.
IMG

esteban

If folks would resize images, using bbcode, we'd be fine. Granted, it's annoying.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Nully's workaround is awesome.  Kind of a pain to have a browser plugin installed for ONE website, but it works...

whisper2053

Just out of curiosity, is there a similar plugin available for Opera?
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

roflmao

If you find one it probably wouldn't be hard to adapt the css from chrome/firefox to make it work.

Ozzy_98

On one hand I hate to bump an old post, but it's only moving up 4 spots, so it's not too bad.  And this looks like something that people ask a few times anyways.

A program I've used for years is proxomitron http://www.proxomitron.info/ it's a local web proxy.  In a nutshell you point your web browser to it, and can modify any webpage by matching regex, and replacing it with code you like.  It doesn't work so well with HTTPS due to certificate issues, but for normal HTTP it works great, and out of the box it's one of the best banner ad blockers.