NEC Console Community Forum Changes - 8.14.06

Started by PCEngineFX, 08/14/2006, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Effective immediately, all new user registrations will need to be approved by the admin (which is me).  This should cut down on the spam topics and junk users.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

takashirose

Let the old mix with the new.

jlued686

I had that same problem when we used phpBB boards.  I had to remain vigilant and delete every spam account we had as they showed up.  It was a pain.

PCEngineFX

I think I'm going to change it back...there are just too many registrants to deal with daily.  I will be monitoring the boards for spam and will look into other methods of preventing spam on the boards.
IMG
IMG

Odonadon

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"I think I'm going to change it back...there are just too many registrants to deal with daily.  I will be monitoring the boards for spam and will look into other methods of preventing spam on the boards.

Another idea is to switch to another tool.  I'm using SMF and much prefer it to the phpBB nonsense I was using before.  I had the same problem as you - way too many spam posts.  SMF seems to have fixed that... for now.

OD

PCEngineFX

Looks like the new security measures I implemented for stopping spam bots is working so far.  I will continue to monitor the situation.
IMG
IMG