PC Engine Pixelization

Started by CrackTiger, 03/02/2016, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

/zKJoPTb.jpg

Falcon joins the fray. (lol if the game DOES have realtime sprite scaling but the framerate is so choppy it's impossible to tell the difference between that and faked scaling with different sprites)
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Digi.k

Quote from: saturndual32 on 01/13/2017, 05:11 PMYeah, i wonder what type of effect the Mega CD used on that same scene.
I don't know if it's the emulator or just the fact that the sega CD redoes lots of new stuff but removes on others...

This was all I could find for Sega CD

IMG

Quote from: guestIMG
Falcon joins the fray. (lol if the game DOES have realtime sprite scaling but the framerate is so choppy it's impossible to tell the difference between that and faked scaling with different sprites)
Completely forgot about Falcon

IMG
IMG
IMG

Gunboat
IMG
IMG

Digi.k

SuperGrafx

Seeing some of these awesome graphical tricks (scaling, wavy patterns, etc) brings me back.

But that begs the question...why WAS the background scrolling so damn choppy in YS III?  And in YS Book 2 if you recall the choppy parallax background when you're racing towards the bell.

Psycho Punch

Do the 3d globe from SimEarth, it's neat because it is a textured 3d globe.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

CrackTiger

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 01/22/2017, 11:56 PMSeeing some of these awesome graphical tricks (scaling, wavy patterns, etc) brings me back.

But that begs the question...why WAS the background scrolling so damn choppy in YS III?  And in YS Book 2 if you recall the choppy parallax background when you're racing towards the bell.
Like Ys III, it was ported from the MSX version, which used dynamic tiles for those scrolling backgrounds. Hudson didn't bother to redo the animation, because it wasn't so unusual in Japan.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2017, 12:38 AMDo the 3d globe from SimEarth, it's neat because it is a textured 3d globe.
need to spend some time with that game but I haven't had a chance to even touch that big manual

IMG
IMG
IMG

Michirin9801

Why haven't I come across this thread before? It's amazing!!
You know, this stuff is one of the reasons why I love the PC engine so much, all of these sweet visual effects impress the heck out of me! I mean seriously, we're talking about a 1987 game system with an 8 bit CPU and a single Background Layer doing all of this! Scaling, Stretching, line-scrolling, overlapping parallax scrolling, holy crap, this is witchcraft! And I LOVE it!

This effect in particular:
IMG
I don't remember who originally posted it, but it left me at awe, my jaw literally dropped, this is some Super Castlevania IV / Axelay stuff!
I kinda know how it's being done but holy s*** seeing it in action, actually being done in a playable game... I'm at a loss of words... And I didn't even catch what game it was, can someone tell me?

ccovell

Michirin9801

Digi.k

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 01/23/2017, 08:45 PMWhy haven't I come across this thread before? It's amazing!!
I'm at a loss of words... And I didn't even catch what game it was, can someone tell me?
another gif of it's first boss
IMG

Digi.k

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

Digi.k

Magicoal

IMG
IMG
IMG

Digi.k

esteban

Holy crisp, I gotta throw all of this great stuff onto a web page.

DON'T STOP digi.k!

We love all these great gifs.

:)

Artabasdos

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/09/2016, 09:16 PMsigh this website I'm using to make these gifs have started to add their digital watermark

Can the roads on Thunderblade be included in this thread ?
IMG
IMG
Runs better than Super Thunderblade on the Megadrive...

Digi.k

Artabasdos

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Artabasdos

NecroPhile

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Artabasdos

esteban

Artabasdos

esteban

Digi.k

seieienbu

Quote from: Artabasdos on 03/28/2017, 03:21 AMI'm a racist scumbag that left in disgrace but I'm still posting a picture of a game that you don't know that looks nice!
dynamite-1.png
Yeah, you are, and this is a bit of a derailment, sure.  I guess this is to everyone who's not the poster, does anyone know what game this is?  I don't recognize it and I'd like to give it a shot.  Thanks.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/11/2017, 03:17 AM
Quote from: Artabasdos on 03/28/2017, 03:21 AMI'm a racist scumbag that left in disgrace but I'm still posting a picture of a game that you don't know that looks nice!
dynamite-1.png
Yeah, you are, and this is a bit of a derailment, sure.  I guess this is to everyone who's not the poster, does anyone know what game this is?  I don't recognize it and I'd like to give it a shot.  Thanks.
Dynamite Heady (Treasure, 1994, Genesis)

A great game, IMHO. But I am a fanboy of Treasure.

Digi.k

esteban

Digi.k

Tecmo world cup super soccer

IMG

Lemmings
IMG

Michirin9801

NecroPhile

Digi.k

Mathius

CrackTiger, I've noticed broken links to your pics and gifs in this thread and the Comparison thread. Everything alright, bud?

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2017, 06:36 PMCrackTiger, I've noticed broken links to your pics and gifs in this thread and the Comparison thread. Everything alright, bud?
Just change .com to .net
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2017, 07:11 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2017, 06:36 PMCrackTiger, I've noticed broken links to your pics and gifs in this thread and the Comparison thread. Everything alright, bud?
Just change .com to .net
Where here? That didn't work lol

Mathius

Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2017, 07:25 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/08/2017, 07:11 PM
Just change .com to .net
Where here? That didn't work lol
I don't mean the links themselves but rather the pics and gifs themselves. Some of yours in the other thread that have been there for years just recently disappeared.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2017, 07:29 PMI don't mean the links themselves but rather the pics and gifs themselves. Some of yours in the other thread that have been there for years just recently disappeared.
I change the addresses when I happen to come across a post with the old address, but everything should still be hosted on the same webspace, unless there are a few that I posted on my e-mail bundled webspace.

If you ever come across any and want to copy the page addresses and give me the links, I'm happy to go to each one and change them. There should be very few that I ever posted on anything other than the superpcenginegrafx webspace.

Mathius

Mathius

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/07/2017, 07:35 PMLemmings
IMG
I cannot unsee the mountain in the background changing shape dramatically during the zoom out. The effect's ruined for me :P

Mathius

I doubt I woulda noticed that since Lemmings isn't really my forte, Pyscho Punch. Now I cannot un-see it. Thanks for that.  [-(  :P

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2017, 08:00 PMReplies 80 and 87 here https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6609.75
These two were on my e-mail webspace that my service provider eventually removed from all of their customers, so there's not much I can do.

QuoteReply 184 https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6609.180

The bottem of reply 210 https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6609.210

I will PM you more as I find them
These are all fixed. There were a lot of pics in that SFII comparison. :P

Mathius

That's unfortunate about the lost pics, BT. At least it wasn't a total loss and the SFII pics are finally back home. How about your opening post in this thread?  :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2017, 10:09 PMThat's unfortunate about the lost pics, BT. At least it wasn't a total loss and the SFII pics are finally back home. How about your opening post in this thread?  :)
A mod must have deleted the links, because there aren't any at all anymore. :-k

NecroPhile