PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Reproduction HuCards/Cases for Sale!

Started by turbokon, 04/15/2016, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

Hey guys, so myself, thesteve and brraap have been working own our very own reproduction/custom hucards for several months now and they will be available for sale in mid may or so.  Prices will be $45 each plus shipping.  They will come in custom cases.  They will be available for sale on my website at www.tg16pcemods.com and/or through me or brraap directly.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Updated:
The standard single game white reproduction hucards are now available for everyone to order.  These are made to order and we should be able to make most games ever released on the US turbografx-16 & PC-Engine hucard library.  Every game will come in a custom mini size clamshell case, similar in size to the ps vita cases, and will have inserts.  Prices are $45 each plus shipping.  Domestic shipping via USPS priority mail is $6 for up to 3 games.  For international orders, send us your address with your order and we will provide the exact shipping cost.  For ordering, please pm me or brraap with your orders and we will get back to you with a Paypal invoice at which payment is expected.  These will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis. 

When messaging us with your order, please include the following:

1. Game choice
2. Required system region (us tg16 or jpn pce)
3. Required software version (us tg16 or jpn pce release)
4. Address (for international customer)
5. Paypal id

Only the standard single game white reproduction hucard are available at the moment.  The black and gold version of our reproduction hucards will be available late June.  With the black and gold version, we will offer them in three different configuration option:  single game selection, single game but duo region and duo games but single region.  Both the single game duo region and duo games single region works with a build in miniature slide switch mounted along the edge opposite side of the contacts on card. 

Updated: 02/05/2017
3D printed jewel cases are now available with the repro hucards and also separately.  The new jewel cases are $12 before shipping and includes both front and rear inserts.  The mini cases are no longer available.  The repro hucards are now without cases with the option of the 3D printed jewel cases at additional cost.  New prices (before shipping) for repro hucards, $40 for single game hucard, $55 for dual region hucard and $60 for dual games hucard.  Please order directly from www.tg16pcemods.com.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

esteban

I have a TED.

BUT DAMN.

THESE CARDS ARE SO DAMN NICE.

I love the aesthetics, the quality, the awesome.

The awesome.

I love them.

OMG collextaridsm bubblikg up in my veins!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

Man... Great work! Those look amazing! Or as my 15 year old would say... Those are amaze-balls!

CrackTiger

I love how these cost infinitely more than PCEWorks' CD bootlegs, yet these three games aren't being sold as a set with a sticker wrapped around a dollar store energy drink for $400.

Very nice balance of authentic aesthetic and distinctively not original HuCards.

I might be interested in physical copies of homebrews if they become available down the road.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 04/15/2016, 08:38 PMI might be interested in physical copies of homebrews if they become available down the road.
Ditto!  Especially for translations.  Valkyrie no Densetsu, Gekisha Boy, and Son Son II would be definite buys...and Eternal City, if that ever gets finished!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Killjoyy027

These are really nice, this is great for gamers that want to play these game but do not want to pay the outrageous collector prices for the originals.

Psycho Punch

Do you have black & gold cards planned (like the one from the french user)?
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

turbokon

QuoteDo you have black & gold cards planned (like the one from the french user)?
Yes we are planning to have black and gold cards for the near future.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Sennachereb

=D>This looks wonderful! I will certainly be in on this!

TheClash603

I like this a lot, but also really like the idea for homebrew releases.  If someone approaches you guys and asks to help them put out their homebrew on a new card, would you be able to do it?  I assume price would need to go up in order for the creator of the game to get a cut too, which could be the trickiest part of the process in negotiating.

slinkyturd

Any chance they are available loose? Not a fan of the snap cases. I'd rather fish around for recycled actual cd cases.
70/95 US Turbochips

schweaty

The cases are like $2 to produce.  Not gonna make a difference on the price

sirhcman

Are these reproductions thicker or thinner than actual hu cards? The only thing I would be worried about is messing up the pins on your pce/tg16 if they aren't the exact same spec as the originals.

Also is the little arrow part where you hold the card a sticker or actually etched into the hucard?

HailingTheThings

QuoteAre these reproductions thicker or thinner than actual hu cards? The only thing I would be worried about is messing up the pins on your pce/tg16 if they aren't the exact same spec as the originals.

Also is the little arrow part where you hold the card a sticker or actually etched into the hucard?
They look to be the same thickness as the chucards? So like perhaps a smidgen thicker than og hueys?
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2016, 07:21 PMAre these reproductions thicker or thinner than actual hu cards? The only thing I would be worried about is messing up the pins on your pce/tg16 if they aren't the exact same spec as the originals.

Looks like the same gold print as the text.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

thesteve

the thumb print and text is etchings with plating underneath

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wilykat

Can you make repro Hucard based on Tennokoe bank card that's hacked to have more than 4 banks?  The original Tennokoe likely uses 8KB SRAM chip and larger SRAM chip are easily found such as 32K (16 banks) and even up to 128KB (64 banks)  Make it with battery holder for easy replacement.

Galder

turbokon

We are also working on two games card by adding a switch.  It will possible to have two games in one or same game but for both tg16 or pce.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Galder

Clacker

Wow, those are some beautiful looking cards.  That must have been a huge undertaking.  I can't imagine how much the mold for the plastic must have cost.

turbokon

Quote from: Galder on 04/17/2016, 10:23 AMCool, will you ship to the UK?
Yes, we should be able to ship anywhere around the globe.

www.tg16pcemods.com

schweaty

Quote from: Clacker on 04/17/2016, 11:35 AMWow, those are some beautiful looking cards.  That must have been a huge undertaking.  I can't imagine how much the mold for the plastic must have cost.
Just guessing here but I think these are PCBs with a custom white solder mask, not plastic.

Johnpv

Can't wait to get a chance to pick these bad boys up!

Also the idea of tenokoe bank repro with easily replaceable battery would be AMAZING.  Or maybe some one could program a similar thing but in english and one that let you move things individually. 

Quote from: guest on 04/15/2016, 08:38 PMI love how these cost infinitely more than PCEWorks' CD bootlegs, yet these three games aren't being sold as a set with a sticker wrapped around a dollar store energy drink for $400.
So much this too.  These are so reasonably priced considering.  Thank you guys!

CrackTiger

Quote from: turbokon on 04/17/2016, 10:08 AMWe are also working on two games card by adding a switch.  It will possible to have two games in one or same game but for both tg16 or pce.
Turbo/PCE sets of games with notable changes, like Magical Chase, Bonks, Cratermaze, etc, would make very cool 2-game HuCards.

TheClash603

Quote from: turbokon on 04/17/2016, 02:34 PM
Dare you to ship a batch to North Korea.

turbokon

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/17/2016, 10:39 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 04/17/2016, 02:34 PM
Dare you to ship a batch to North Korea.
Sorry, except North Korea

www.tg16pcemods.com

cr8zykuban0

wow those custom hu cards look absolutely awesome! i would love to pick up a few of these and those cases are too awesome!

Warbucks

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sirhcman

Shouldn't the TG-16 version of Tatsujin be called Truxton?! :)

Duo_R

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 11:25 AMShouldn't the TG-16 version of Tatsujin be called Truxton?! :)
Not unless someone has made a title screen hack for Tatsujin that I'm not aware of.

Bloody Wolf for TG-16 isn't named Battle Rangers like the Western release of the Bloody Wolf arcade.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 06:56 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 11:25 AMShouldn't the TG-16 version of Tatsujin be called Truxton?! :)
Not unless someone has made a title screen hack for Tatsujin that I'm not aware of.

Bloody Wolf for TG-16 isn't named Battle Rangers like the Western release of the Bloody Wolf arcade.
On a similar note, I always wondered why an awesome title like "Darius" was changed to "Sagaia" (or whatever it was called).

I am fine with changing titles to make them sound better (Mega Man > Rockman), but....maybe "Sagaia" sounded more fitting for "swarms of alien ships"....

sirhcman

I was only kidding :)

turbokon

QuoteShouldn't the TG-16 version of Tatsujin be called Truxton?! :)

Yeah, but you started an interesting discussion

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Here are a couple of supergrafx titles that will be available.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

smbulletz

sirhcman

AWESOME NEWS ON THE SGX STUFF! IMG

was there ever any consideration for making the hucards a flat/matte gray color? might be neat looking if you could do something like that..

shabba

This looks better and better each time I come back to this thread.
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

Trenton_net

Maybe this is a dumb question (Sorry if it was already asked), but what region do these cards work on (ie. US/JPN)? In addition, does the customer have the option to have English/Japanese versions of the game in question installed or is there no choice?

Duo_R

turbokon

Quote from: Trenton_net on 04/19/2016, 10:30 AMMaybe this is a dumb question (Sorry if it was already asked), but what region do these cards work on (ie. US/JPN)? In addition, does the customer have the option to have English/Japanese versions of the game in question installed or is there no choice?
Not a dumb question at all.  You will have your choice of what region system you want these to work on and whether you want the english or japanese software.  Also in the very near future, there will be a option for a duo region card.  It will have a switch that will let you select for pce or tg16 system.  It still a work in progress.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Nio

Can you do cases and covers and housing for turbo everdrive?

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 07:47 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/18/2016, 06:56 PM

I know, but I'd love simple hacks that just change things like title screens. The hack I want most is to restore Bikkuriman World to Monsterland.

Another couple cool title screen hacks would be turning Fighting Street into Street Fighter and Street Fighter II' into Fighting Street II'.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2016, 03:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 07:47 PM

I know, but I'd love simple hacks that just change things like title screens. The hack I want most is to restore Bikkuriman World to Monsterland.

Another couple cool title screen hacks would be turning Fighting Street into Street Fighter and Street Fighter II' into Fighting Street II'.
Fighting Street II' :)

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

turbokon

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/19/2016, 05:28 PMAny chance of new system cards or arcade cards?
Not right now but we might look into this in the future.

www.tg16pcemods.com