The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Hello I am...

Started by Yodachips, 09/08/2016, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yodachips

Morning(here), I'm Yodachips from Montreal(Canada), I am a first time owner of a Turboduo US system for 2 weeks.
I'm restarting my 16-bit passion as of late. After 6-8 years focusing on raising a family I want to re-enjoy this era. Back in the days, I made the difficult choice of going the Genesis and Neo Geo way so I was not able to support financially the Turbo on top of it. When I had some $$ it was too late and the Turbos were out of the Radioshacks and nowhere to be found. So now after 24 years of waiting I finally had the chance to find a Duo complete with all the original papers and promotions that were offered at the end. (And I'm also supposed to receive a Coregrafx soon I hope)

I used to play a lot of games on my friend's system and my favorites are still Blazing Lazers, Ys and Gate of Thunder just to name a few.

It's by searching for TurboDuo capacitor problem that I've learned about this site and one the next move I want to do is to find someone that can replace it.

Anyhow, that's pretty much the gist of it, I'm a nostalgic and now I try to play on the 3 main 16-bit systems at home.

Cheers
16-bits are all the rage!!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!  Good plan on getting the caps done; even if it seems to be working fine now, there's too much risk that some cap juice is eating something else on the board, ultimately necessitating a much pricier repair.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Welcome!

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would be willing to help you out with doing the caps on your system.

Enjoy your new Duo, and we will see you down the road a few miles on the boards.

Yodachips

Thanks for the welcome,
and here's some more stuff I got today!!

IMG
16-bits are all the rage!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Ugh, I hope the Tobias shat was free.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Yodachips on 09/08/2016, 10:00 PMThanks for the welcome,
and here's some more stuff I got today!!

IMG
We're not into collectard photo sessions here.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 09/09/2016, 09:46 AMWe're not into collectard photo sessions here.
The longest, most oft viewed thread begs to differ.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2016, 10:33 AM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 09/09/2016, 09:46 AMWe're not into collectard photo sessions here.
The longest, most oft viewed thread begs to differ.
Well, I guess it has a containment thread for everyone to shame themselves.
IMG

Warbucks

tbone3969

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."