10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Worst movies you've ever seen?

Started by Otaking, 01/17/2017, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

Yeah, I liked Nothing But Trouble too. I don't get why it seems to have zero fans. Few fans, sure, but to me it's odd that it's been nominated by America as its favorite bad movie.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/17/2017, 08:12 PMYeah, I liked Nothing But Trouble too. I don't get why it seems to have zero fans. Few fans, sure, but to me it's odd that it's been nominated by America as its favorite bad movie.
Saw this movie in theaters and loved it as a kid.  Still think it holds up.  Before this thread I didn't know it was unliked, was probably the most shocking thing I ever read on the forum.

NecroPhile

I liked it.  It's good, silly fun; it's not supposed to be a deep, philosophical discussion on mores and the human condition.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mitsuman

Um, Nothing But Trouble was fantastic. And it launched the careers of Digital Underground, and Tupac.

Worst movie I've ever seen has to be God's Not Dead. Horrible acting, writing, and all around bad movie.

esteban

What?! We have folks defending Nothing But Trouble?

I don't know if I have the courage to watch this again, but it was a big disappointment when I saw it (when it was released).

Now, I admit that I have changed my views on Ghostbusters II (when I saw it in the movies, I thought it was mediocre...certainly didn't capture the awe and atmosphere of the original...but when I rewatched GBII, I actually enjoyed it for being fun, playful sequel).

That said....I don't know if anything can make me change my mind on Nothing But Trouble. 

Or Coneheads (horrible film).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

nopepper

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/17/2017, 04:41 PMAnd who can forget the iconic Humpty Hump character by Shock G and his hit single The Humpty Dance making it into the movie, where he succeeds in proving his worth to live by rapping his way out of Big Trouble with the "illegal alien" executioner judge digging his groove and letting him leave alive. :P
Holy shit, I've never seen this flick, but that description basically sold it for me.

I just recently saw Passion of the Christ, because I grew up Catholic and apparently, it's what we do during easter. I thought it was one of the most horrible slasher flicks ever. I'd rather watch The Human Centipide again, as that at least was so bad it was funny.

NightWolve

Quote from: nopepper on 04/20/2017, 06:25 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/17/2017, 04:41 PMAnd who can forget the iconic Humpty Hump character by Shock G and his hit single The Humpty Dance making it into the movie, where he succeeds in proving his worth to live by rapping his way out of Big Trouble with the "illegal alien" executioner judge digging his groove and letting him leave alive. :P
Holy shit, I've never seen this flick, but that description basically sold it for me.
:)

Glad that was sufficient to "sell" it to you. I masked a significant revelation spoiler in a purty tactical way I thought, hopefully it doesn't ruin it for ya, heh-heh.

MrMarth

Kevin Costner's Waterworld: I really hate this movie, it's utter garbage.

Any Shyamalan movie, especially Signs, with plotholes so big you could fit a container ship and still have room to spare

Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows was also butt-ass
This TV looks like an apple

in99flames

Quote from: esteban on 09/24/1974, 12:37 PMThat said....I don't know if anything can make me change my mind on Nothing But Trouble. 

Or Coneheads (horrible film).
Hmm...not even some...fried chicken embryos?
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

NightWolve

Quote from: nopepper on 04/20/2017, 06:25 PM
Ah, I thought I made a mistake there, they used Humpty Hump's other hit single, "Same Song." Figured my memory was off on that.

esteban

Nightwolve! I'm still afraid to rewatch this movie.

I think I will force my mom and daughter to watch it with me.

Gypsy

What a difficult question. I feel like sharing this treasure: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120604/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Might not be the actual worst, but it um, wasn't good.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2017, 05:27 PMNightwolve! I'm still afraid to rewatch this movie.

Heh. Wonder how it holds up now given nopepper, I just remember loving it at the time.

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/26/2017, 09:01 PMWhat a difficult question. I feel like sharing this treasure: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120604/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Hm, a straight to video Christopher Lambert movie... I may have seen it, but if not, I want to. Thought I saw all of his movies. I can imagine it being a stinker, though they paired it on DVD with his other one, Fortress, a prison break movie essentially which was pretty decent actually.

I'm a sucker for any Rutger Hauer or Lambert movie regardless of quality, I'll watch 'em all.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/27/2017, 10:40 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2017, 05:27 PMNightwolve! I'm still afraid to rewatch this movie.

Heh. Wonder how it holds up now given nopepper, I just remember loving it at the time.

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/26/2017, 09:01 PMWhat a difficult question. I feel like sharing this treasure: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120604/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Hm, a straight to video Christopher Lambert movie... I may have seen it, but if not, I want to. Thought I saw all of his movies. I can imagine it being a stinker, though they paired it on DVD with his other one, Fortress, a prison break movie essentially which was pretty decent actually.

I'm a sucker for any Rutger Hauer or Lambert movie regardless of quality, I'll watch 'em all.
I saw Fortress in the theatre!

So, yes, Rutger Hauer (what's that blind ninja movie?) and Lambert (what's the death train in Tokyo movie?) will always be given love.

:)

NightWolve

Hands down, The Dawnseeker (2018)... Do NOT even consider this as a "How bad can it be?" experiment, it's a total SciFi trainwreck! Ripped-off Predator plot, crazed killer alien picking off humans one by one as they helplessly fire "lasers" with the special FX quality of something produced in a garage or your backyard (garage special FX as I coined it)...

It's a completely incoherent, appalling mess, especially in how they tried to throw in time travel and portals, you just can't make any sense of things. Every no-name actor is horrible to boot!!! Like a blender, it tried to take all the typical SciFi elements (aliens, spaceships, time travel/portals, other planets, etc.), throw them in together, and say "Look ma, we made a SciFi movie with our friends in the backyard/garage!" The SciFi channel would NOT be stupid enough to air crap like this and ruin their brand!

At least the Wastelander Made-in-Arizona movie that Bonknuts starred in had some fun cheese factor now and then, while this is just plain insulting!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8548792/

IMG

I got fooled by the poster and gave it a shot is what happened... :/